Supposedly good film you just don't like.

Tools    

I can appreciate attempts at fairness but, equally, too much "everything's subjective, no point getting worked up" is a non-starter for people who actually WANT to examine and discuss films AND how they're perceived.
I wasn't seeing much of people "wanting to examine and discuss films and how they're perceived" in this thread. What I saw were a bunch of inane reaction gifs, people complaining about the thread's existence and people complaining that this type of thread "doesn't foster discussion" instead of, you know, actually discussing the films that were listed.

In any case, if you don't like the way I respond to your questions, Deadite, then I'd advise you to rethink the way you're phrasing them or stop asking them altogether.

I agree that it's easy to see why A Clockwork Orange is such a divisive film as it's not easy at all to like. However, I think that most people (teenagers especially) that love the movie miss the point completely. If you truly love Alex and think he's cool/badass or whatever, then you're nuts.

I for one can't stand Alex as a character, but that doesn't stop me from loving the movie. The film itself is a fascinating work of art.
I do like Alex as a character. I wouldn't associate with him in reality of course but I like watching him. I don't think liking him has made me dismissive of the point though.

I wasn't seeing much of people "wanting to examine and discuss films and how they're perceived" in this thread. What I saw were a bunch of inane reaction gifs, people complaining about the thread's existence and people complaining that this type of thread "doesn't foster discussion" instead of, you know, actually discussing the films that were listed.
I think Cob already made these points, and they're good points. Obviously people have been talking about the value of having umpteen "underwhelmed/disliked/disappointed by good/great/popular/overrated films" threads. Um, it's kinda necessary to talk about a problem in order to gain some perspective on it... It's as if you're trying to shoot messengers for not discussing films with people who are too busy either strangely trivializing the notion of discussing movies on a movie forum of all places or are too busy being plain antagonistic to the idea that their opinion of movies is also open to criticism.

In any case, if you don't like the way I respond to your questions, Deadite, then I'd advise you to rethink the way you're phrasing them or stop asking them altogether.
In any case, I've tried to get better responses than "just because, who cares, leave me alone" which is juvenile and suggestive of insecurity and closed-mindedness, as if the possibility of meaningful discussion which might even change your view on a film is somehow threatening. Maybe it would soothe your ego if I phrased it "How come you don't like my crappy movie, Miss Vicky sir?" or "I hate that awesome movie you like, Miss Vicky, you magnificent critic, you." So I was a bit teasing in that Unforgiven thread; It was still basically motivated by a sincere interest in your opinion on Unforgiven. Are you really going to be this petty and hold a grudge because my phrasing isn't always to your liking?
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Lincoln - Didn't like the pace. I thought it dragged on like a Ken Burns movie.

█ █ █ █ █
I didn't like Badlands, that Terence Malick movie. Though i enjoyed its cinematography and music, the acting and dialogues were so campy they simply ruined all my expectations. I don't know if it was intencional, but at the end, it looked pretty amateurish for me, and i couldn't take it seriously at all.

Basically anything pre 60s.

I know but I just get bored even if I appreciate its influence.I love Gone With The Wind,really enjoyed Les Vampires which is 1915 and I liked Rear Window but that's pretty much it. :/

Maybe the works of art are too intimidating for him.
I'd say it's because filmwise Anime, cartoons, and animation in general just lacks some very important aspects of film on a fundamental level:

Since animation doesn't use real actors, then they miss important areas of depth - such as body language and real human interaction, not to mention the recorded voice dubs (which aren't coming from live actors, and therefore sound stiff instead of like real conversation).

It might be entertaining but unfortunately animation just isn't capable of the same levels of depth as real live filmmaking, which is one reason I've never been a big fan of it in general (anime included). Not to mention, most anime and animated films (even the supposedly "deeper ones") tend to be comic-book film level at their best - the emphasis is way too much on the stylized characters and settings and less on the actual acting and depth, which like I mentioned - animation isn't capable of to begin with on the same level as real acting.

If I wanted to just appreciate drawn "art" I'd go to a museum - that's not the reason I watch films.

Juno

I don't like it because it's overly sentimental and highly unrealistic - basically it's just a "once upon a time...and they lived happily ever after" kind of film which glamorizes teen pregnancy.

Cynic that I may be - the harsh reality is that young teens aren't anywhere near the emotional maturity level to enter a serious relationship or raise a child (a kid who's never even managed the responsibility of a summer job at Burger King definitely isn't ready for the responsibility of caring for another human life). And (outside of Disney movies), the vast majority of these relationships end in breakups for obvious reasons. Entering a serious relationship shouldn't be based on "who you got knocked up with" in high school - it should be based on careful planning and goal setting which comes with a little life experience.

Not to mention having a kid while still in high school leads to dropping out, or never having the time or money to pursue skills or higher education necessary to support a kid in this economy (meaning the child will either end up being raised on welfare, or raised by the grandparents till he/she turns 18.

Just pragmatically speaking I think abortion would've been the better option at that age. (And I don't mean to start a political debate here - if you believe that aborting an embryo the day after conception is killing a child, that's fine - if you're believe that eating cow's meat is murder, that's fine too). The saccharine sweet ending is about as realistic as a teen girl meeting Prince Charming who carries her away to his castle where they live happily ever after, and I'm uncomfortable with unrealistic message it sends to teen girls.

Do you ever review the film itself or just discuss your own emotional baggage?
Do you ever make serious comments or are you just trolling?

The review was of the film itself and why it's an absurdly glamorized portrayal of teen pregnancy. If they make a sequel it should be, or Juno getting investigated by social services after Juno gets tired of staying at home 7 hours a day living off of food stamps, and she decides leave the kid at home by itself unsupervised so she can go smoke a bowl with her dropout friends.

That's what 90% of the young women in my town who got knocked up in HS do - they just sit at their mom's house, have no job, and smoke weed all day. It's not the ticket to happiness like it's portrayed in this film.

"Lord of the Rings" sprang to mind as soon as I saw this thread. I think the problem is partly that I found the first boring and also that I was basically forced into watching this film. I remember watching it with two friends and I was promised it would be the greatest film ever made and I just don't think that it is.

I also cannot understand the big deal of "2001: A Space Odyssey" I have tried watching it but just don't find it entertaining. Maybe I am missing something and maybe it is too deep for me but I just don't care enough to continue with it.