Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Leaves Of Grass by Tim Blake Nelson

Nice Movie . Ed Norton strikes again the two characters he played in the film are awesome. And The Storyline is pretty interesting and well done

7.9/10
Never heard of this one, looks interesting.

Never heard of this one, looks interesting.
I reccomand it to you ! pretty nice movie

Pacific Rim (2013)

This is another movie I put off seeing because I thought it would be something like "Transformers Meets Godzilla," and it kind of is, but it's much better than that. It is with the fact that there are giant robots and giant monsters. But it's better, in my opinion, in that the robots are controlled from within by pairs of humans, and the monsters, as far as I can tell, are all CGI (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Not that there's anything wrong with the old Godzilla movies with humans in monster suits.

But there is plenty of good human drama, from Charlie Hunman and his past, Idris Elba and his "relationship" with Rinko Kikuchi (who is all kinds of beautiful), Max Martini and Robert Kazinsky as a father/son team, and good comedy from Charlie Day (doing his best Sam Rockwell imitation) and Burn Gorman as head-butting scientists, plus the added attraction of Ron Perlman as a black marketeer who makes money off parts from dead monsters.

I know I've talked about drama and comedy and dealing with human nature, in this, an action-monster movie. But it lifts it above the normal movie in this genre...say, Transformers, which a lot of people seem to hate. I don't hate them, but I like Pacific Rim more than those movies. I liked Independence Day but I can see where people have a problem with it. I liked this movie more than ID4. But that's just me. For me, it never flagged, the acting was good, the effects were super, and the comedy was just enough for me to not be overbearing. If someone dislikes this, I can understand, but for me, it's a fun ride, worth watching again.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Bernie (2011, Richard Linklater)

An aberrant slice of storytelling that finds Black in towering form. The same, however, can not be said for Linklater. It's a good film but its documentarian-like approach felt largely off-putting, and the film never seemed to concentrate around a compelling story, but more so a sequent of events. I understood its intent, but it lacked an insistent core, particularly from a standpoint of storytelling, and felt quite sporadic at times. Other than that, a humorous, offbeat, and mostly amusing film, but certainly not without its flaws.

Breach (2007, Billy Ray)

Despite its fair share of cliches, mostly grounded in the platitudinous writing, this is an enthralling thriller, told with a great deal of restraint. Considering the merits of the story, this could have easily been riddled with both propagandic overtones and fallacious distortions, but it manages to stay real and human throughout, repudiating from any political bias. Chris Cooper was forceful, and Ray's direction felt natural. The closing shot was chilling.

Classic John Hughes comedy, with very funny performances by Steve Martin and the late John Candy.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Muppets Most Wanted (2014)

3/5

Definitely liked The Muppets (2011) better, but the fun part about this movie was picking up on all the little cameos. The songs weren't quite as good and the plot was a little silly, but what Muppets movie doesn't have a goofy plot?

Standing by itself, it's an entertaining and fun movie. But I definitely enjoyed the first more.

Join Ben and Adam live every Sunday night 6pm EST on http://mixlr.com/next-level-radio/
www.nextlevelradioonline.com
Twitter: @NXTLevelRadio
Facebook.com/nextlevelradioonline

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III
(Jeff Burr, 1990)

The first Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of my favorite horror movies. It's raw, visceral, disturbing, and full of dread. Instead of giving us a sequel in the same severed vein, however, Tobe Hooper decided to turn the chili-obsessed sequel into a goofy comedy. At least the tone of this third installment is closer in spirit to the original, but it's still a lifeless, clichéd, run-of-the-mill horror flick absent of scares or suspense. You'd think, at the very least, the movie would deliver some impressive gore effects, but even that area is lacking. It was fun seeing a young Viggo Mortenson ham it up, however.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
(Jim Sharman, 1975)

I don't typically like musicals, but this bizarre, campy, gender-bending cult-classic is unlike any musical I've seen. Hell, it's unlike any movie I've seen. The musical numbers are fantastic. The songs are catchy. Tim Curry is excellent as the "sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania." I laughed consistently throughout the run-time and I had a great time while watching it, so much so that it almost makes me want to dress in drag and join the party. I'm sure Sexy has a corset and some silk stockings that I can borrow.

A Woman Under the Influence (1974)

It drags at times, but it's a powerful and realistic look at mental illness, and it's effects on family and friends. Impressive performances by Gena Rowlands and Peter Falk.

I've been meaning to watch Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III again. I don't think it's as great as the first two movies, though. Not even close, but I'm curious to watch it again.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

(Jim Sharman, 1975)

I don't typically like musicals, but this bizarre, campy, gender-bending cult-classic is unlike any musical I've seen. Hell, it's unlike any movie I've seen. The musical numbers are fantastic. The songs are catchy. Tim Curry is excellent as the "sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania." I laughed consistently throughout the run-time and I had a great time while watching it, so much so that it almost makes me want to dress in drag and join the party. I'm sure Sexy has a corset and some silk stockings that I can borrow.

Did you see it at a theater? Every once in a while they will play it here. It's a ton of fun to get dressed up and go.

Did you see it at a theater? Every once in a while they will play it here. It's a ton of fun to get dressed up and go.
You're right, I used to go all the time. They still play it in Harvard Square. I've never seen the movie at home.

Ookami kodomo no Ame to Yuki aka Wolf Children (2012) ~ 8.5/10

I was really impressed with this film. It was beautiful. This was as good as any Studio Ghibli film. I would love to see more done by Studio Chizu. The music, the art, even some of the scenes looked real, not animated. I definitely would watch this again.

The Way We Were (1973)

It's carried and uplifted by the enormous star power of Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford, and an all time great theme song. With nothing else going for it, it eventually starts to wear thin.

I remember being really bored by it and turning it off early. This won't be a surprise to many and certainly not mark. Streisand and Redford? I'm not a fan of either and, as you said, that and the theme song is all it has. So, for me, it's just the theme song and I can hear that without sitting through the film.

I remember being really bored by it and turning it off early. This won't be a surprise to many and certainly not mark. Streisand and Redford? I'm not a fan of either and, as you said, that and the theme song is all it has. So, for me, it's just the theme song and I can hear that without sitting through the film.
Yea I expected a slow movie but I also expected some emotion, but I didn't get that. I didn't like Redford in The Sting, but I've liked him in everything else I've seen with him. This is my 2nd Streisand movie, after Nuts; I'm not convinced she's a great actress, but I do see a bit of magic with her.

(Jim Sharman, 1975)

Have you seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch? It's another gender-bending musical and is incredibly witty, though far less campy than Rocky Horror. It's not a traditional break-out-in-random-song-and-dance-in-the-middle-of-a-conversation type musical though, which might make it more appealing to someone who doesn't usually care for musicals.