Films that start well and end terribly

Tools    

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I think No Country for Old Men spawned an incredible ending, although I understand how it can divide audiences. Having just watched it recently, I was fairly underwhelmed with the somewhat abrupt ending of Don Jon. It was a mostly tightly paced and cogent film, but fell short within its last act.

I was fairly underwhelmed with the somewhat abrupt ending of Don Jon. It was a mostly tightly paced and cogent film, but fell short within its last act.
Yeah,totally agree.The ending was just plain bad.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah,totally agree.The ending was just plain bad.
Yup. Don Jon was fairly enjoyable, but man the final act was just awful. It became the type of movie it appeared to be ridiculing. I still gave the movie
cause I enjoyed it.

Ghost In The Machine
The artist and the Model (2012 B&W)

"Summer of 1943. In an occupied France, not far away from the Spanish border, a famous old sculptor who is tired of life and wars finds the desire to work on his last masterpiece when a beautiful young Spanish girl comes knocking after escaping a refugee camp in the South of France"

This film started with so much promise, and then, for me, failed to deliver on so many fronts. Also, if I were a famous old sculptor and my 'masterpiece' looked anything like the one the props department came up with at the end of this movie...

The ending of Incendies really pissed me off. Such a great movie until the end ruined it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Finished here. It's been fun.
I still think its a good thriller, but The Game comes to mind. It's ending deflates the film, and honestly kind of ruins everything that comes beforehand. This is an example of a film where an ambiguous ending would benefit it in the end.

I am bending the rules for two rules on this but I have good reason:

The Invention of Lying - this COULD have been an interesting film and it could have worked but so much of it just didn't make sense as to why some of things were done and said. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it so I will put my reason why in spoilers.

WARNING: "The Invention of Lying" spoilers below
So here is my problem with this film, some have had a hard time following my logic but please bare with me. In the opening scene the Ricky character is going on a date with a women, he waits a few minutes, she opens the door and then says "sorry about that I was masturbating", the crowd laughs, job well done. Except it is not, when Ricky is behind the door he has no idea of why she is late, what she is doing and why he is having to wait, she does not need to lie or indeed tell the truth in this instance, she could simply apologise for being late, this is not an inability to lie so much as she does not know what information to provide and what information to not provide. I know it is a small thing but considering the title this bugged me and considering this was in the first minute of the film it really angered me.

The Book of Eli - the thing I don't get about the ending is that it just didn't make any sense to me as to why it could have been the case throughout the entire film. I have taken a lot of stick for my reason but others have started to agree with me, again, I will put it in spoilers why.

WARNING: "The Book of Eli" spoilers below
Okay, so the big spoiler, the guy was blind all along, we didn't know that and frankly I didn't care. Now here is my so techy it hurts reason. Eli at one stage needs to charge his iPod, we are shown the iPod to let us know it is low on power and we need to know this so that we know that power is scarce and something that is not easy to get hold of. This model iPod (one of the originals) did not make any sound to indicate that the battery level was low or dead so he had no idea what the state of said iPod is, it could have been stepped on and the hard drive could have been damaged for all he knew yet he didn't ask, somehow he just knew the power supply was drained. How? How would he know that?? I know it is a small thing to let bug me but as a techy these things annoy me when it so blatant that it does not make sense.

The Mist - I didn't particularity like this film from the beginning, some of the stereotypes were so bad I was expecting Basil Exposition to come on screen and say "did you get that? You understand this person is racist right?!" but I had to watch it to review it for another website. Now I am not even going to bother typing out the ending because I do not feel the film deserves that much respect of me but the end was just such an anticlimax and I just came away thinking "and?? Is that it?! Am I missing something here or was that just dumb?" I don't think, I was missing anything, I know what the ending representing but it just made me feel numb, at best it made me feel blah and for me that it just not good enough.

the island. i had huge expectation about that movie, the start was looking good, but after that....

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
As Lucas said The Game,it was first movie that came to my mind.As I said in my review of the movie,ending was really bad.

I don't know if anyone has said this one yet: From Dusk till Dawn. This movie starts off great and then quickly degenerates.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I'm going to say Dario Argento's Opera. I felt the whole film was a superb giallo...and then the last fifteen minutes happened.

I am Legend. I heard there is an alternative ending which I did not see

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

The Forgotten