New girl

Tools    

I have been watching this sitcom since its pilot two seasons ago and noticed not only that the show features some of the best comedy writing on primetime but that there was a strong sexual chemistry between the characters of Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson ) and was afraid that once the characters actually got together, they would be boring like Dave and Maddie getting together on MOONLIGHTING, but I am happy to report that no such thing has happened...Jess and Nick are still a couple and still completely watchable, made all the more interesting this season by the fact that Schmidt (Max Greenfield) is so jealous he can't see straight and has made it his mission in life to break Jess and Nick up.

Yeah, this show is my guilty pleasure. I started watching because of Deschanel, then got hooked. I was more worried that the show was going to turn into Friends after the two leads hooked up, but it hasn't looked like that, yet.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I thought a new lady had registered on the forums and wanted to put on my charming mode. You disappoint me with your tricky thread titles.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Me too, Minio!

I thought a new lady had registered on the forums and wanted to put on my charming mode. You disappoint me with your tricky thread titles.
You should put on your charming mode anyways.

Wtf, I didn't even know season 3 had started already lol.

After watching the recent episodes, it's pretty clear that Schmidt is just dominating this show. I find everything he says either interesting or hilarious.

Deschanel is still as good as always, but she's starting to normalize, which scares me.

I've noticed that Jess and Nick are having a lot of sex lately. I have nothing to add to that comment.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I watch New Girl occasionally only because The Mindy Project follows it. Sometimes it's really funny like when Schmidt was trying to buy crack for Winston, but something about it rubs me the wrong way.

I think Zooey overdoes her part a bit. She just seems too childish or something.

Whoa, this show is getting more clustered lately, with Coach (Damon Wayan Jr.) coming back. Not sure if he's temporary, or if he plans to being a regular. But his character's pretty interesting, so no complaints here, yet.

Since Schmidt is moving back into the main apartment, I'm pretty sure there's not enough rooms for all of them.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
This show is one of my guilty pleasures, too. My girlfriend makes me watch it, but she doesn't know that I enjoy it.

Schmidt is my favorite part, but I tend to identify with Nick the most.

Jake Johnson is awesome as Nick. I love Nick because he always says all those things that people think but never say out loud. As for Coach, it was great to see him back but I don't see them keeping both Coach and Winston as regulars on the show. I know how that may sound, but it is what it is and BTW, I am black.

Now that Damon Wayans Jr. is on here (RIP Happy Endings ), and given the good things I've heard, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be catching up with this one soon.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Got to say I really like this show, verging on loving it. A large degree of that is certainly Zooey Deschanel's involvement - I love her so much!!! Other than that though there's just something very nice about it. It kind of reminds me of Mad About You in a way. They're both shows that aren't always the most hilarious but that's because they don't always go for the big and easy laughs, and instead there's just something nice, sweet and comforting about them.

I thought Schmidt dominated the show when it started, but I really don't think that's the case now. Jess and Nick are a viable and still funny couple and even Winston has started to come into his own now as a character on the show, not just the wallpaper he was at the beignning.

So, last night was episode 9...

I think that might be the best episode of the season, in terms of comedy and incorporating all the characters. They did a great job dividing the time into 3 different subplots, giving each character his/her time to shine. I really liked Coach in this, I can relate with what was going on with his character in this one, it was pretty funny. Schmidt is insane, but that good and well-manner kind of insane. And of course, Cece (Hannah Simone) is so damn hot!

WARNING: "S 03 EP 9 SPOILERS" spoilers below
My favourite moment is probably when Schmidt starts imagining the sofa to be Cece, and he starts making out with it and doing other weird things...it was sad, but in the funniest way.

Finally got around to watching episode 10, the Thanksgiving one.

It was pretty interesting. It seems like every episode now focuses on a different aspect of Nick as he goes through his relationship with Jess. A bunch of funny moments, but not too much progress on the relationship of Cece and Coach.