Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Glad you liked Jagten, Topsy!

It's been a while, but I think I can recall the problems you have with the ending. That may also be one of the minor problems I had myself.

Nevertheless, amazing film and happy to see you agree.

Unregistered User

The Canal (2014)

Now, I could be on my own with this one but I really liked this!! Psychological slow burning horror with a nice twist. It has its flaws sure but overall this was a pleasant surprise.

Helps that its Irish too.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Running Man (1987)

Rewatched this after a long time (thanks Netflix!). Still holds up as a solid tongue-in-cheek sci-fi action romp (along the lines of Robocop). Cheesy. Funny. Classic Arnold. Great villians (Richard Dawson, yikes!). Dynamo and his little car still warm my heart. Forgot how much fun this was.

5 involuntary sleigh rides out of 5 --for sheer entertainment

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957)

From the top 100 westerns list, but this would have been very average had it not been for the super duo of Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster, who play Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp, respectively. They carry the movie a long way, but they can only elevate it to decent and entertaining. This movie could have used a more standout female character, and a more charismatic and menacing villain.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Loved that one-- I have to watch it again, because the dialogue is just as amazing as the visuals!

"If I die first, and I almost certainly will, you will be my sole heir. There's not much in the kitty, except a set of ivory-backed hairbrushes and my library of romantic poetry, but when the time comes, these will be yours. Along with whatever we haven't already spent on whores and whiskey."

Battle Royale wit cheese
I liked Battle Royale but let's be honest, Battle Royale is Battle Royale with cheese. I haven't seen the sequel yet, so I can't compare the amount of cheese. But yeah, Battle Royale was pretty cheesy at times.

fun fact: Tarantino wanted to Kou Shibasaki (mitsuko) and chiaki kuriyama (takako-the girl in the yellow tracksuit) to appear in Kill Bill as sisters (gogo and yuki yabri) after watching Battle Royale,but kou couldnt due to other commitments so chiaki appeared as GoGo alone.

it would have been pretty epic-they had a whole big storyline written just for them

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I might've underrated Battle Royale. I rated it
, so after all I might've been a 0.5 off. Fukasaku is a great director with yakuza classics like Sympathy for the Underdog, Yakuza Graveyard, or Yakuza Papers and Battles Without Honor and Humanity series, but my favourite of him would be Under the Flag of the Rising Sun. An incredibly powerful anti-war film. Watched it at the edge of crying, but not because it's a tearjerker, mind you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I have to return some videotapes...
There's Something About Mary (1998) -

Not my type of comedy.

fun fact: Tarantino wanted to Kou Shibasaki (mitsuko) and chiaki kuriyama (takako-the girl in the yellow tracksuit) to appear in Kill Bill as sisters (gogo and yuki yabri) after watching Battle Royale,but kou couldnt due to other commitments so chiaki appeared as GoGo alone.

it would have been pretty epic-they had a whole big storyline written just for them
That fact wasn't very fun.

The Conjuring 2 (2016)
1st half:
+
2nd half:

I really rather enjoyed the first half of this movie. The slow pace really worked, and it did a good job building atmosphere. I actually found it to be quite tense as well. However the movie completely blows it somewhere around the middle section when it completely disregards the concept of "less is more".

I started to laugh, much to the disapproval of the teenage boys behind me who were super into the movie and rather terrified the entire way through. For those who have seen the movie, that moment was...

WARNING: "The Conjuring 2 (2016)" spoilers below
...the very first time we see the demon's Crooked Man manifestation. While the initial transformation from the dog's shadow to the creature was good, the moment you actually see it, it's hilariously cartoon-ish and sucks all the horror and suspense out of the film.

I just could not take it seriously. It's really a shame that the movie had to go down that route, because up until that point I thoroughly enjoyed it. But from then on, the movie tries to go "all out", but all it did was get worse and worse.