The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I am actually so annoyed with myself. I am having a Sexy moment here. This list is ruined. AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT.

Hopefully 4th is the highest I could have got it

Se7en was on my list by the way, 25th, actually if I did it non strategically the points it might have got may have cancelled out what I would have gave Lebowski, not too bad.

3. Titanic
(James Cameron, 1997)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/

335 POINTS

2. Pulp Fiction
(Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/

416 POINTS

1. Fight Club
(David Fincher, 1999)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/

420 POINTS
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	fight_club-dovus_kulubu.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	11152   Click image for larger version

Name:	8db6f924dd300f2715fd43df9dde4df1_662x0.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	11153   Click image for larger version

Name:	titanic_ver3.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	11154  

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
This is even worse, if the 3rd place film is 10 points or less ahead of Se7en then that's where I could have got Lebowski
This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the a**

Reviews

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Got to say I'm a little disappointed Shawshank landed at 5. Was sure that would be a top 3 entrant.

And rather surprised Se7en got so high, didn't realise there was so much love for it on here. Not complaining though as I think it's an excellent film. I didn't vote for it though as I'm never really sure if I think it's a real personal favourite or just a great film. It's just such a bleak, nasty film that I'm not sure I love it. A few great performances and lots of vivid moments. And its finale still works. Obviously there was the huge shock the first time you watch it but on repeat viewings it now works as a brutally uncomfortable and tense wait that seems to go on forever with Spacey taunting the boastful Pitt. Se7en also seemed to set out the template for just about every serial killer film that followed in terms of mood, style, aesthetic etc but none of them really came close to matching it in terms of its darkness and smarts. So as a film it defined the genre but at the same time kind of made it obsolete as no other film could touch it.

Here's my list, because i doubt there's going to be any shocks in the last 4.

1. Unforgiven - 1992
2. Fight Club - 1999
3. Good Will Hunting - 1997
4. The Usual Suspects - 1995
5. Dazed And Confused - 1993
6. Princess Mononoke - 1997
7. Goodfellas - 1990
8. My Cousin Vinny - 1992
9. Dracula - 1992
10.Forrest Gump - 1994
11.The Big Lebowski - 1998
12.Reservoir Dogs - 1992
13.Once Upon A Time In China - 1991
14.Shawshank Redemption - 1994
15.Sense And Sensibility - 1995
16.As Good As It Gets - 1997
17.Pulp Fiction - 1994
18.Se7en - 1995
19.A Bronx Tale - 1993
20.Silence Of The Lambs - 1991
21.L.A Confidential - 1997
22.The Lion King - 1994
23.Interview With The Vampire - 1994
24.What About Bob? - 1991
25.All About My Mother - 1999

One of the problems I had with Se7en on first viewing was that I saw the ending coming from a mile off and thought it was a little too easy, but I actually like it, and the whole film even more now.

And Camo, nice to see someone else voting for A Bronx Tale.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Lots of people didn't vote for Lebowski and did vote for Shawshank and SE7EN, including me (sorry but that's how I feel). Lebowski made the list, and very high at that. I'm more upset at forgetting a couple of movies that might have made the list but didn't. Well, I'm not that troubled since in a couple of years, we'll vote this decade again, have numerous new members and none of this will eventually matter.

Shawshank was my number 1. One of my favourite movies of all time. The scene with Brooks when he gets out of prison is probably my favourite scene in movie history.

Se7en was 24 on my list. I shouldn't of include it so that Shawshank would be higher, but honestly I only had seen it once when I made the list and with the second viewing it would probably be my number 11

One of the problems I had with Se7en on first viewing was that I saw the ending coming from a mile off and thought it was a little too easy, but I actually like it, and the whole film even more now.

And Camo, nice to see someone else voting for A Bronx Tale.
Of course 5 years ago it would've been top 3. From your posts in the bastards thread, i guess you know he's this guy (Matthew Bevilaqua)

Have you heard what he's up to nowadays

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/ny...cato.html?_r=0

Of course 5 years ago it would've been top 3. From your posts in the bastards thread, i guess you know he's this guy (Matthew Bevilaqua)

Have you heard what he's up to nowadays

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/ny...cato.html?_r=0
Wow, never realised that was him. Probably because I watched A Bronx Tale after The Sopranos, although it's obvious now. That's pretty shocking though, and kind of sad to see someone's life go so down hill.

This is even worse, if the 3rd place film is 10 points or less ahead of Se7en then that's where I could have got Lebowski

Se7en is a very good film, by the way. It made my list, just like the next three films that are following.

It's atmospheric, horrifying and has an interesting concept. Fincher's directing is also top notch.

Wow, never realised that was him. Probably because I watched A Bronx Tale after The Sopranos, although it's obvious now. That's pretty shocking though, and kind of sad to see someone's life go so down hill.
Too bad. He killed someone. Lock him up.

Se7en also made my list, I didn't think it'd make it this high. #15 on my list, a chilling and ****ed up film

Alot of the Soprano's actors have been down that road, but he's different as his crimes were after the Sopranos. Here's an article about my favourite character Paulie (Tony Sirico) talking about his crimes - http://articles.latimes.com/1990-07-..._1_tony-sirico

The irony being, Paulie says something along the lines of "i scraped by in the 70's during the Colombo wars" . In real life Tony Sirico could've been part of those wars.

Se7en was #21 on my list. One of the darkest thrillers I've ever seen and very effective.

Se7en is too depressing. And cheap. Once you've seen it, you don't really need to keep going back to it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Alot of the Soprano's actors have been down that road, but he's different as his crimes were after the Sopranos. Here's an article about my favourite character Paulie (Tony Sirico) talking about his crimes - http://articles.latimes.com/1990-07-..._1_tony-sirico

The irony being, Paulie says something along the lines of "i scraped by in the 70's during the Colombo wars" . In real life Tony Sirico could've been part of those wars.
Paulie my fab character in Sopranos easy.

Surprised how close the last 3 have been. no wonder that no one is guessing the correct order.

on a side note does everyone notice that the drawing of "John Doe" from Se7en is the same drawing of Keiser Schoze from Usual Suspects? Just noticed recently.

Se7en is the 14th film from my list to make it. I had it at #23 which was probably too low in retrospect. I did not expect it to make the top 10, despite it being my favorite Fincher film by far.

Was anyone hotter in the 90's than Kevin Spacey?

American Beauty
Se7en
L. A. Confidential
The Usual Suspects