The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Another great list of MoFo (thanks Nope). You've chosen excellent pics for each movie, it catches the eyes at first glimpse.

The Incredibles, I watched it a long time ago and didn't feel anything afterwards. But then, I'm not really into family movies -being myself a stone cold heart. But I think The Incredibles doesn't have anything to do with Sci-Fi: must we put any story that is unreal into this category??

Looper, I liked it after watching, but now I couldn't remember much of it. Guess that's saying something. A good movie, but not too memorable.

The Truman Show, really good movie but I don't know if it's SciFi either. It's very real.

Gravity and Avatar, someone here said they were "experience movies" and I couldn't have put it better. Nothing special in story and characters, but a fun ride and a great experience. A feast to your (visual) imagination. They deserve to be watched in cinema. On TV, it'll just be a waste of time.

Haven't seen Dune yet, and ain't intrigued to. On the other hand, Another Earth, Altered States, Galaxy Quest and Dredd look good, I'll add them to my want-to. That's the good point of Lists like this, they broaden my scope.

Edit: None of these want-to are on Netflix!

I hate Guardians of the Galaxy. I was two-beers drunk when I watched it, and still it didn't even make me smile. It was sure trying very, very hard, though.

I might take a look at The Hidden, which looks like a great flick.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Signs

This film was tied both points and lists with La Jetée and another film. The highest placement that Signs received was a 5th place, and both La Jetée and the mystery film received higher placements, so Signs was last in the three way tie breaker.

Layout: 5th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 20th

La Jetée

The first short film to make the list! Like I said, this was tied with Signs and another mystery film with 71 points and 5 lists. La Jetée's highest placement was 3rd place, so it was able to beat out Signs, but not the mystery film, so it ended up in the middle.

Layout: 3rd, 6th, 9th, 17th, 24th

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
La Jetée is a nice addition, which means we'll definitely see 12 Monkeys show up. Signs is also really good. Neither made my list, but I enjoyed both.

Suspect's Reviews

Woody Allen is a pedophille
La Jetée is the third entry from my list to show up, I had it in 3rd. I think that it is a genius film, and I really think it should have been higher.

My List:
3: La Jetée
12: Donnie Darko
13: The Truman Show

I was the one who had La Jetee at 24. It's difficult to compare short and full length films or it could've been higher but yeah it's great. I also like Signs quite a bit. Some of it is pretty dumb but it's entertaining, might be my favourite Shyamalan.

My List:

16.Wreck-It Ralph
24.La Jetee

Seen Signs but not for years, barely remember anything from it tbh.
Have never watched La Jetée.

Tomorrow's entries that will definitely not show in these specific positions:
74. Cowboys And Aliens (2011)
73. Men In Black (1997)

Signs, added to my must-watch list. I like M. Night Shyamalan in general, but some friend just told me that Signs was bad. Now you changed my mind. I also like Mel Gibson for that matter (both as actor and director).

I'm one of those who like Terminator (1 & 2) much more than The Matrix. The latter just feels more modern, more nowadays, that's all.

Chypmunk: I'm sure Men in Black (1, and hopefully 3) will show up somewhere in the list. I still remember the fun of watching them.

I liked the first half of Signs, but it lost me in the second half. (And let's face it, the "twist" is the dumbest thing ever.) No room for La Jetee. I never considered Escape from New York, but I'm glad it made the countdown. Guardians of the Galaxy is fun, but that's it. Still nothing from my list has shown up yet, and I think it's looking like the six I was uncertain had a chance are not going to appear. What's wrong with you people?!

Chypmunk: I'm sure Men in Black (1, and hopefully 3) will show up somewhere in the list. I still remember the fun of watching them.
Sorry, my bad on the wording - wasn't saying they wouldn't show on the list at all - was just predicting the next two entries that Nope will show us tomorrow and taking the pee out of my inability to get any of them right ... ever

I've amended the wording to hopefully make it clearer.

Chypmunk: sorry, the bad on the wording was mine, I did understand that you were predicting, I just wanted to say that Men in Black was a good movie and I don't have any idea at which order it would end up

Signs was, of course, on my list. I had it at #12. I wouldn't call it a great movie, but it was quite a bit of fun and I really enjoyed Phoenix's performance.

My Ballot
3. Wreck-It Ralph
12. Signs
14. The Incredibles

I enjoy Signs. It's a fun little, creepy slash slightly campy thriller. Good fun.

La Jetée has been on my watchlist for a long time. With that length, I should have watched it for the countdown... I will probably watch it today or tomorrow then.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is my 14th Film From My Sci Fi List. Though Signs is not on my list I have seen it a few times.

14 Guardians Of The Galaxy
21 Avatar
23 Galaxy Quest.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
was a little so-so on Signs. REALLY need to see Le Jette

My List: 2/25
#7 Strange Days (#81)
#11 Silent Running (#76)

Watched: 18/26