filmgirlinterrupted's TOP 50

→ in
Tools    

I think Oz is a tad bit overrated, but I still enjoy it enough to give positive rep.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Rather than meticulously combing over my list in a desperate panic to get + reps, I'm trying to do a sort of free association approach to this. In the end, I think it's more important to realize which movies have had an impact on you rather than which movies are simply your "favorite."

Obviously some of these choices won't sit well with everyone, but...I'm not doing this for everyone. I am simply curious to see what ends up on this list; I think that, in the end, this list will help me understand myself a little bit better. I'm the introspective type, I suppose.

The list will continue...stay tuned!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Love American Psycho. +1.

Ah, The Matrix. I wish I could rep you twice for that one.

I do think that I'll end up giving you pluses for each one of these posts. I swear, I'm not sucking up!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
To elaborate on why I think that American Psycho is a good pick, Christian Bale is outstanding as Patrick Bateman. In his first noteable role since Empire Of The Sun, Bale is at turns hysterical and chilling, but at all times remains unnerving, and completely embodies Patrick Bateman. My definition of a brilliant performance is where you no longer see the character played by an actor, just the character. Christian Bale is brilliant.

To elaborate on why I think that American Psycho is a good pick, Christian Bale is outstanding as Patrick Bateman. In his first noteable role since Empire Of The Sun, Bale is at turns hysterical and chilling, but at all times remains unnerving, and completely embodies Patrick Bateman. My definition of a brilliant performance is where you no longer see the character played by an actor, just the character. Christian Bale is brilliant.
I wish I could + rep you twice for saying that

16. Se7en

17. Oldboy

18. Unforgiven

19. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

20. Girl, Interrupted