The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I certainly prefer Fincher to Anderson, but I'm weird, just like the contributors to this list.

I'm having trouble seeing anything but Seven, Fight Club, Goodfellas then Pulp Fiction at this point. That Seven is so high is a surprise, though. An awesome one.
Seven is incredibly overrated. Maybe more than Big Lebowski, and I don't have a problem with Seven. I just don't think it's that great. I've seen it three or four times and it just doesn't thrill me. It's good, but it's not mind-blowing good. It's a shame that something like Silence of the Lambs is a lot lower. That's a much better movie.

All of these movies pretty much suck. I hate Goodfellas. Only Pulp Fiction and Fight Club mean anything to me.

Haha. Daniel, your strategic voting made TBL fall out of the top 5.

What's fabulous one minute is forgotten the next.
That is so true. Except the very few great films/moments that seem to last.

-----------------------

5. The Shawshank Redemption -

Good film, although it has an irritating plothole near the end and an overly happy ending, compared to what happens earlier. It's a nice movie, but I really don't get why it's considered one of the best of all time by some people. Oh well, there are worse films that could be considered 'the best'.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
But Shawshank was on only 18 lists compared to 25 for Lebowski. Take what you want from those stats.
going by that, I did have both movies with lebowski in the top 10 (around 6 or so) and shawshank down around 22

People just have a strange fixation on Morgan Freeman. Hence, Seven and The Shawshank Redemption in the Top 5.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
The Big Lebowski is excellent and much better than The bloody Shawshank Redemption I'm disappointed.

Reviews

Yet no Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
It's chemistry. That got cancelled out by Kevin Costner.

Christian Slater as well.

Seven is incredibly overrated. Maybe more than Big Lebowski, and I don't have a problem with Seven. I just don't think it's that great. I've seen it three or four times and it just doesn't thrill me. It's good, but it's not mind-blowing good. It's a shame that something like Silence of the Lambs is a lot lower. That's a much better movie.

All of these movies pretty much suck. I hate Goodfellas. Only Pulp Fiction and Fight Club mean anything to me.

I liked your old avatar
Blame Sexy.

It's chemistry. That got cancelled out by Kevin Costner.
Screw you. I love Kevin Costner.

Also, Alan Rickman was FANTASTIC in it and Christian Slater was hot as Will Scarlett.

Why is Seven seen as a certainty? What if The Green Mile makes it instead? Now that would be a surprise.

I just watched The Shawshank Redemption for the first time the other day. Pretty good. 84/100.

Also, I was right about the strategic voting.

Also, here's my prediction for the rest, of which I have not seen any of:

1.Pulp Fiction
2. Goodfellas
3. Fight Club
4. Se7en

I liked your old avatar
I was thinking earlier today, "I wish MV would change her avatar." It's much better now.

Why is Seven seen as a certainty? What if The Green Mile makes it instead? Now that would be a surprise.
Yes, it would be. Actually, pretty much any other film than those repeatedly mentioned for the top 5 would be, which is why it's seen as a certainty.

I am continuously shocked at how high Seven has climbed. Seriously, I didn't even think it was a guarantee for the top ten at first. You guys sure love Fincher.

At this point, it's pretty obvious:

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Goodfellas
3) Fight Club
4) Seven

This avatar change will only be temporary. It feels weird. Really weird. Like, I don't even recognize myself. I've lost my identity.