27.27%
15 votes
Sports
23.64%
13 votes
Other (write-in/specify in thread)
55 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Only a 90s redux if we bring in Sexy Celebrity as the host

And of course we have to decorate the film reveal borders with the same graphics as Saturday morning cartoon bumpers.

Can someone download this so we never lose it?

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Just quickly looked through the 90s countdown thread. That one was crazy and a lot of fun. I need to go through and fix all the images. I think I posted the posters...not sure though.

I stand by my statement. But if music focused films are allowed, films with a lot of music such as The Music Room, Nashville, or This is Spinal, then it will be fun. But if it's only musicals where people (and animals or candlesticks) randomly burst into song, well not so much fun for Harry.

I suspect there will be a thread for "Musicals for people who don't like musicals," which will be either empty or overly representative of the final countdown.

Just quickly looked through the 90s countdown thread. That one was crazy and a lot of fun. I need to go through and fix all the images. I think I posted the posters...not sure though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what you posted.

Found my ballot from back then:

Here's the list I submitted:

1. The Big Lebowski (6)
2. Fight Club (3)
3. Being John Malkovich (26)
4. Clay Pigeons
5. Dances With Wolves
6. Edward Scissorhands (96)
7. Army of Darkness (68)
8. A Perfect World
9. Philadelphia
10. Devil’s Advocate
11. L.A. Confidential (8)
12. Tombstone
13. The Shawshank Redemption (5)
14. The Nightmare Before Christmas (67)
15. Pulp Fiction (2)
16. Se7en (4)
17. The Quick and the Dead
18. Schindler’s List (10)
19. Interview With The Vampire
20. Jurassic Park (34)
21. The Boondock Saints (64)
22. Serial Mom
23. The Sandlot
24. Falling Down
25. Groundhog Day (25)
There are a handful of titles here that would not make it on an updated ballot and the order would definitely change, but it would mostly be the same. Still not at all excited at the idea of a refresh, but I'd rather that than musicals.

The trick is not minding
90’s refresh is perfect with the new people who’ve joined since it was first done (including me). And hopefully Falling Down finds a place among it this time.

Were there some posts deleted? Or am I incredibly stoned?

Yes. My inclination is to extend it as long as a change in outcome is plausible. I'm "hoping" something pulls away a bit so we can close up shop but if it stays close I'd probably extend it into early next week.

Still close, definitely leaving open until next week. And since Monday is a holiday in America I think the earliest this will close would be Tuesday.

Still close, definitely leaving open until next week. And since Monday is a holiday in America I think the earliest this will close would be Tuesday.
Can we leave it open until musicals win? 😉

Time to call it, Yoda. The better option won. But hey, after all it's not that awful, Musical fans. Like the fella says, at Movie Forums for years under the Borgias they had loss after loss in the polls but that rewards them with a countdown anyway...because!

I've already started preparing for the 90s Countdown. I watched Bad Lieutenant earlier today and am now watching Postcards From the Edge.

That's quite the interesting pair, Allaby. I rewatched Beau Travail today. Not in prep for the countdown but just because. But it's on theme. The great films get better with every viewing and this one of them.

That's quite the interesting pair, Allaby. I rewatched Beau Travail today. Not in prep for the countdown but just because. But it's on theme. The great films get better with every viewing and this one of them.
Beau Travail is one of those films I have been meaning to watch for years. Something about the plot description just doesn't grab me. I almost watched it today, but decided to go with Postcards From the Edge instead.