Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Also great use of the word Sleekit, i have to say that's probably my favourite slang word it just perfectly describes what it's supposed to .
It is a good one however my favourite would have to be drookit. In fact that might be my favourite word period.

The one single post on MoFo I can't understand 30% of the words, JayDee.
SPEAK AMERICAN DAMMIT!
You mean you couldn't understand that? I'm shocked. I think I'll start a new thread in the miscellaneous chat thread, "JayDee and the Language of the Scots", where I'll teach everyone to speak Scottish. The first lesson is that if you don't understand a word you have two very likely options; it's to do with the weather or being drunk! Seriously we have so many words to describe rain and so many words to describe drinking and being drunk. I can't think why.

Ratatouille (2007)

Big surprise, I absolutely loved it. The animation was unbelievable and I had a lot of fun. The funny thing is that I watched it because it's up against one of my nominations in the movie tournament, and I wanted to vote. I'm going to have to think about that for a while.

So glad to see you loved it!!! One of my top ten movies.

The Nutty Professor (1963)

It's the Jerry Lewis show, and the character transformation is pretty good. It's decent overall but I think I like the Eddie Murphy remake a little better.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Atonement, 2007
Dir: Joe Wright

Beautiful cinematography, gorgeous costume design and good performances seem to be the standard for period pieces. But what makes Atonement stand out from all of the other romantic period dramas is the clever and emotionally stirring play on time structure and character point of view: flashbacks and flash forwards, revealing truth or invention, fact or imagination. The end result is as stylish as it is tragic; and like a good film adaptation, it actually makes you want to read the book.

7/10

Lord High Filmquisitor
The Shawshank Redemption - 10/10

It's been a favorite of mine since I first saw it (my favorite of '94 and currently ranked at #22 on my overall list of favorites). Darabont expertly streamlined King's slightly disjuncted narrative, cast Morgan Freeman as a white character and then played the whole thing off as a joke. Great cast, great writing, great direction adding up to an exceptionally great film.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I just finished rewatching The Fugative. Fantastic action movie. It's easily one of both Ford's and Jones' best films, and that's saying a lot for both of them. It was definitely worth staying up for. 8.5/10

Halloween II (original, NOT Zombie's garbage)

Huge surprise actually. I almost like it a little better than the original, and I was so suprised by the way it was shot, the use of ligting and shadows, and the story build-up - especially how it started right after the first. It worked for me.

I Stand Alone (1998)

This works because of constant intensity and a chilling central performance. I took off a half star for the last few minutes, which I did not like. Gaspar Noe is an interesting director; he's definitely talented, but I've seen 3 of his movies now, and he resorts to a lot of tricks. In this movie, there's a 30 second countdown with a warning to leave the theater if you want to avoid a disturbing scene. That's a little much, but as far as disturbing goes, this is right up there with Noe's Irreversible. Irreversible has the two genuinely sick scenes, but not much else. This one is more completely bleak from start to finish.

How I'd rank Noe's films-

1. Enter the Void
2. I Stand Alone
3. Irreversible

Huge surprise actually. I almost like it a little better than the original, and I was so suprised by the way it was shot, the use of ligting and shadows, and the story build-up - especially how it started right after the first. It worked for me.

I think it's a cracking sequel as well. Possibly not as good as the original, but it's not as far off as some say, in my opinion. Certainly it manages to retain much of the atmosphere and suspense that made the original so successful.

Road to kabul moroccan movie

road to kabul 8/10

Lord High Filmquisitor

I absolutely love the sequel (although not as much as the original) . The decision to keep it set on the exact same night was brilliant!

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Trainspotting, 1996
Dir: Danny Boyle

Most drug addiction films that recur to comedy and black humor are usually on the dangerous verge of portraying realistic effects of drug use but at the same time canonizing it and undermining it as something mischievously fun, almost trivial. Trainspotting doesn't. It is as disturbing as it is hilarious. As shocking as it is entertaining. It portrays the struggles of an unlikable-but-charming-in-his-friends'-comparison heroin addict with agility, wit and energy, but it is a clear condemnation of the destructive consequences of heroin.

8/10

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

You've got two basic storylines; the action part of it is the good guys, James Stewart and John Wayne, up against the bad guy, Lee Marvin. Wayne's and Stewart's characters have totally different ideas of how to handle things, not surprisingly. And then the other part of the story is the love triangle between Wayne, Stewart, and Vera Miles. This all works just fine, but the movie is what it is because the 3 lead men all get to strut their stuff. Whisky, quick!

Death Proof

What I believe to be Quentin Tarantino's most experimental film. And possibly why it is his lowest rated movie. But I loved it, probably even more than Inglourious Bastards. The only glaring flaw is the unbelievable car chase scene with Zoe Bell on the hood. But it's QT, since when does it have to be believable.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Only God Forgives

Refn is a genius. I think this movie got bashed so harshly because people didn't understand it. I urge you to check out this video after seeing it, then rewatch it. It's amazing.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014).

Another surprise. I enjoyed the first one, but never quite understood the hype although the visuals were, especially, beautifui. In the sequel they stepped it up on that point, and on every other for that matter.

The story was tighter and with a better message and while it did revisit themes touched upon before it felt new and refreshing, and the score was fantastic as well!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Death Proof

What I believe to be Quentin Tarantino's most experimental film. And possibly why it is his lowest rated movie. But I loved it, probably even more than Inglourious Bastards. The only glaring flaw is the unbelievable car chase scene with Zoe Bell on the hood. But it's QT, since when does it have to be believable.

Yeah, I agree that it doesn't have to be believable, but it's Zoe Bell playing herself so it's not [Ithat[/i] unbelievable.