Callum's Top 50

→ in
Tools    

As I am new I thought i'd give you a taste of what films I enjoy, I've watched my fair amount of films but no where near the amount the rest of you have but I still struggled eliminating loads of films I love from this list

50 - Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (Larry Charles, 2006)

I like very much.

49 - Rango (Gore Verbinski, 2011)

Rango is my favourite animation, very funny with lots of great Western references.

48 - Barton Fink (Coen Brothers, 1991)

When my brother told me to watch this film, I only had bad thoughts. I have always been 50/50 when it comes to the Coen Brothers so I never know what to think before watching one of their films. However I thought this film was great, the film left me with a lot to think about after watching it which is often what I like from a film.

47 - Miller's Crossing (Coen Brothers, 1990)

Another Coen Brothers film, but a very different one. This film had a lot of enjoyable characters in it and I always enjoy a good gangster film, this film had good dialogue, some great performances and beautiful cinematography, all the ingredients for a great film.

46 - Natural Born Killers (Oliver Stone, 1994)

This film is crazy and over the top but that's what I love about it. I am a big fan of Woody Harrelson, when he is in the right film with the right role he can be a great actor. His performance is this film was great and that's what made the film stand out to me the most.

45 - Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011)

Drive is a great stylish film that looks great with an awesome soundtrack, topped off with a top performance by Ryan Gosling.

44 - The Thing (John Carpenter, 1982)

This is one of my favourite horrors, it creates a great atmosphere throughout the film, always leaving you to anticipate what's going to happen next. The film has a highly effective soundtrack and a top performance from Kurt Russell.

43 - Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Quentin Tarantino, 2004)

I liked both films but I chose this to represent the films on my list as I slightly prefer it to the first film. Whilst Volume 1 is really one big fight scene, this one has more of the storyline to it. Although most people will see it as one big film, there are some differences. I love Tarantino and enjoy his films because of the characters he creates in his films and there are plenty of great ones here.

42 - House (Nobuhiko Ôbayashi, 1977)

My brother bought this on Blu-Ray so I thought I'd give it a watch. This film is crazy, over the top, funny and just absolutely nuts. I loved it.

41 - Groundhog Day (Harold Ramis, 1993)

Groundhog Day really is a brilliant film, it's a simple but brilliant idea executed very well. Very funny in parts mainly down to Bill Murray who was perfect in the main role.

keep going.

This is a great start you've got here! I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed that you put Drive in so early, but hey, a top is great company nonetheless.

Can't wait to see more.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, The Thing, Natural Born Killers, Groundhog Day and prefers Kill Bill Vol 2 to Vol 1? This is a very good start.

I love Drive and Kill Bill, I like Barton Fink, NBK and Miller's Crossing and haven't seen the rest so good start !