quentin tarantino-god of directors or hollywood reject

Tools    

D You Think Quentin Tarantino Is A Great Movie Writer/director Or Just A Film Geek Who Was Over-wheled By The First Clint Eastwood Film He Saw?

i think he is the definitly not a hollywood reject. Pulp fiction is my favorite film of all time. he is a genius when it comes to film makeing. he is amazing at writing dialoge for all his movies. in everyone of his movies you feel like the characters are real people and not just there to push the story forward. for example pulp fiction did alot of that. like in the beginning when jules and vincent are talking about amesterdam and royale wit cheese. another example is reservoir dogs. like when they are talking about tipping waitresses. i havent seen jackie brown in a while but i know they do the same in that. he uses great film tyles. like the out of order story line in pulp fiction. and the black and white in kill bill. Tarantino's great writing made the second half of rooms actually good. the 3rd story was pretty good but Tarantino's was funny and clever. i loved it.

i agree. but i know people who would think all his films are the same and talk about the "tarantino style" which is allout violence.Tarantino is in my opinion the gretest director and film writer of all time.

i think kill bill was the best movie he's done in a very long time

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by save charles manson
D You Think Quentin Tarantino Is A Great Movie Writer/director Or Just A Film Geek Who Was Over-wheled By The First Clint Eastwood Film He Saw?

Who is D?

Over- Wheeled?

In answer to the rather confusing question, I would saw yes to both. He is a film geek that became a great writer/director.

Maybe when he tells you what D means… he can also explain to me why he signed up under the username spikey spikey poke poke today….

EDIT: He can also explain why he signed up as MR. Jones and answered his own thread.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Maybe when he tells you what D means… he can also explain to me why he signed up under the username spikey spikey poke poke today….

EDIT: He can also explain why he signed up as MR. Jones and answered his own thread.

That is tooooooooo funny. This guy is great! like him already.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Mrs. BDT to y'all
i would definately class tarantino as a god amongst movie directors, purely because his films are so original and kooky. Noone in hollywood has a mind like his and i think the reason people first questioned his directing was because noone had quite seen films like pulp fiction and reservoir dogs before, so people did not know really how to percieve him. I also happen to think the movie world felt threatened by tarantino, and still do, and so they should!

Originally Posted by Sedai
Who is D?

Over- Wheeled?
D was ment to say DO
and
Over -whelmed
i cant spell for $h!t

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

SPIKEY SPIKEY POKE POKE is a friend of mine with a similar, but not identical e-mail address , and MR JONES is some one else.

In answer to the rather confusing question, I would saw yes to both. He is a film geek that became a great writer/director.
Ditto

so do i. but thats a good thing. because he is a film geek he knows alot about movies and that helped him make all the awesome films he has made.

Quentin Tarantino is one of the best writers alive today, without a doubt. But I wouldn't call him a God amoung directors. There are a lot of director's today who are a lot better than Tarantino at directing. QT just has his own unique style that makes his films stand out amoung others. He's a very good director and I must admit, I love all his movies. But only time will tell if he is a 'genius'. I'm waiting to see some of his futre films, it would be interesting to see what he can do with his 'war epic'. But I really don't like the way QT is paying homages recently. He said Jackie Brown was a homage to blaxploitation movies, then he said that Kill Bill Vol.1 was his homage to old kung-fu movies, he then said that Kill Bill Vol.2 was his Spaghetti Western. He has also stated that he plans to make Inglorious Bastards (his war epic) in the style of a Sergio Leone movie. I want to see him make another unique, cool, original, Tarantino Movie. Like Dogs or Pulp.

. He has also stated that he plans to make Inglorious Bastards (his war epic) in the style of a Sergio Leone movie. I want to see him make another unique, cool, original, Tarantino Movie. Like Dogs or Pulp.[/quote]

but inglorious bastards , i dont think, is original. i think its the tarantino version of the deer hunter. and when ever tarantino trys a new style he f@#ks it up. like dusk til dawn was his "horror flick". i thought that had a good story until the vampyers came.

A system of cells interlinked
. He has also stated that he plans to make Inglorious Bastards (his war epic) in the style of a Sergio Leone movie. I want to see him make another unique, cool, original, Tarantino Movie. Like Dogs or Pulp.
but inglorious bastards , i dont think, is original. i think its the tarantino version of the deer hunter. and when ever tarantino trys a new style he f@#ks it up. like dusk til dawn was his "horror flick". i thought that had a good story until the vampyers came.
What is the correlation here? Rodriguez directed From Dusk till Dawn, and Kurtzman wrote it. Tarrantino just did the screenplay from Kurtzman's material. Not a Tarantino film by any stretch....

but inglorious bastards , i dont think, is original. i think its the tarantino version of the deer hunter.
I know it's not original. I said I want to see him make an original film. I'm getting sick of his homage's.

By the way, Inglorious Bastards isn't his version of The Deer Hunter. It's a sort of remake of the original 1977 version co-starring Bo Svenson, who is also co-starring in QT's.

Berthanita Germaine the serf
Tarentino is by no stretch a genius director, but I have a lot of respect for his script-writing skills. He really has a gift for creating great, memorable dialogue.
"If you wanna know something and he won't tell you, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear. I'm hungry. Let's get a taco."

Originally Posted by Parky
I know it's not original. I said I want to see him make an original film. I'm getting sick of his homage's.

By the way, Inglorious Bastards isn't his version of The Deer Hunter. It's a sort of remake of the original 1977 version co-starring Bo Svenson, who is also co-starring in QT's.
Where did you get this information? As far as I've heard there isn't even a rough draft of the script complete... much less, casting.

Do you know my poetry?
Tarantino is not a god of directors, though I do love his films. Reservoir Dogs, great film, but definately not a masterpiece, nor do I think it deserves a spot in the IMDB Top 100 list. Pulp Fiction is his best work, I consider it the second best film of the 90's, and I think it's one of the only films I can watch countless times and not get tired of. Now Jackie Brown on the other hand, is definately not great, it's barely good. My problem with it, it went on too long. Now to the Kill Bill films, I won't lie, I love them to death, especially Vol. 2 which I think is the best film so far this year. But I will say, he's not even the best director today, I mean heck, I even like Paul Thomas Anderson better as a director. But I do respect the man very much, and I do consider him a great director, just not a "God of directors."