Casshern <---- Awesome trailer!

Tools    

Casshern
"Enslaved by an army of rebellious super-robots originally designed to help civilization avert a complete ecological cataclysm, mankind's only hope is Casshern, a legendary hero who wages a solitary war to defeat these Neoroids and restore the Earth to its rightful order. Ironically, Casshern's father is the same scientist who engineered the race of super androids now threatening to destroy all of mankind. On a crusade to clear the name of his father, Casshern must sacrifice his own humanity in order to attain the powers he needs to defeat mankind's powerful enemies. But Casshern's power does not come without a price. Haunted by the memories of his murdered mother and forced to deal with a super robot that has absorbed, and now manipulates, the consciousness of his father, Casshern must put aside his own emotions and fight to preserve the survival of the human race. An extraordinary tale of science fantasy and social relevance, Casshern is a story of man's best laid plans paving the way to potential destruction."

Appleseed
"This is a fully computer generated (CGI) version of Masamune Shirow's classic comic book, Appleseed. Officer Deunan Knute and her cyborg partner Briaros Hecatonchires must prevent terrorists from gaining control of the Olympus city computer and causing massive chaos. As they fight to stop the terrorists and preserve their society, the question of who is actually in the right--their society, or the "terrorists"--continues to arise."

Steamboy
"Rei is a young inventor living in the U.K. in the middle of the 19th century. Shortly before the first ever World Expo, a marvelous invention called the "Steam Ball", behind which a menacing power is hidden, arrives at his door from his grandfather Roid in the U.S. Meanwhile the nefarious Ohara Foundation has sent men to acquire theSteam Ball so that they can use its power towards their own illicit ends."

ad vitam (Immortel)
"New York 2095. In a strange pyramid floating in the sky, the gods of ancient Egypt are judging Horus. In the city, a young women with blue hair and tears is arrested, but she has a secret power, even to herself..."
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Awesome! definatly worth seeing!

That looks facking amazing

I severely hope that all 4 of these movies are released theatrically in the U.S. They all just look insanely cool.

Never conform, never compromise....
Oh my god, those all look incredible. Hopefully, they all come here. Keep us up to date Slay.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Thanks slay they are awesome, I may never see them where I live it is hard to get Japanese movies.

there's a frog in my snake oil
That first one looks like anime "brought to life". Truly mental. And the others are very swish too (i so hope that one set in 19th britain comes here, dubbed o'course . Although hearing them say "asteamboy" in the middle of the babble is fun too ).

I've gotta say tho, i'd love to see the dubbing-to-english industry reach the same advanced state that most dubbing-from-english seems to be at. With decent work it could make so many more films available to us, on DVD at least. It'd just be nice to be able to take in the sumptuous sweep of particularly visual films without having to keep track of subtitles.

(old problem i guess. And i love listening to the original languages too. )

A system of cells interlinked
These films look amazing, I hope some have solid story to match the visuals and sound engineering, which is clearly not like anything we have seen before.

I need to learn Japanese....soon.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
How about French films? That's where Immortel was made.
French films seem to be easier to get...........anyway I have put them on my must see list and here's hoping.

casshern and appleseed look awesome. immortel (ad vitam) and steamboy are okay.
check out ghost in the shell 2: innocence.