R.I.P. James Caan

Tools    

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Actor James Caan passed away last night at the age of 82.

Over a nearly sixty year career he appeared in over a hundred films and television shows. Some of his more well known roles included The Godfather I & II, Brian's Song, Thief, Alien Nation, Eraser, The Way of the Gun, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Get Smart, and Back in the Game.

Caan was married four times and had five children, including actor Scott Cann. He was a practicing martial artist and was a Master (6 Dan) of Gosoku Ryu Karate.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Sad news. R.I.P.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Elf, The Way of the Gun, Bottle Rocket, Thief, Freebie and the Bean, The Killer Elite. So many good memories.

RIP Mr. Caan.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
RIP, starred in and was amazing in 3 of my very favourite films, Godfather, Rollerball and Thief.

Wonderfully charismatic actor who at one point became a paycheck actor for awhile but then started picking smart projects again. I don't think he ever outdid his Oscar-nominated performance in The Godfather, but I also loved him in Elf, Misery (severely underrated performance), For the Boys, Funny Lady, Kiss Me Goodbye and especially Honeymoon in Vegas. I plan to watch The Gambler before the week is out. RIP

Man, this hits hard! Always loved this guy in whatever he was in. Everyone has mentioned a lot of his great performances. I loved him in Freebie and the Bean, El Dorado, Brian's Song, Funny Lady (thought he stole the movie from Streisand), Games, Elf, Misery, and of course The Godfather. I still need to see Thief and The Gambler and so many others. Godspeed, James!