POLL - Harrison Ford or Tom Hanks?

Tools    

Overall body of work, who is the better leading man?
37.04%
10 votes
Harrison Ford
62.96%
17 votes
Tom Hanks
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

'

Tom Hanks never had a niche character he milked a bunch of sequels out of, and wasnt the overall draw Harrison Ford was, but he could act better. Acting obviously counts. So who is the better leading man? Overall body of work to be considered.

See Tom Hanks is the perfect everyman, maybe even moreso than Henry Fonda was, but I could not picture Hanks playing Han Solo or Indiana Jones. Hes funny, warm, but not cool, which adds to his everyman appeal.

This is tough. Im gonna think about it before voting myself.

I decided to go Hanks. His range as an actor really shouldnt take a backseat to an actors "look".

I think it depends on whether or not you're talking about their entire body of work in terms of movies, or the acting itself. You could make a decent case that Ford has been in better movies/more all-time classics (I treasure the best movies he's been in a bit more than I do the best ones Hanks has been in), but I don't think there's a serious case that Hanks isn't a better actor who is usually more directly responsible for the quality of the films he's in.

I like Harrison Ford a lot, especially the younger Harrison Ford. But I have a personal movie motto that I told my mom, if Tom Hanks is in the movie, it's probably a good one.

I think it depends on whether or not you're talking about their entire body of work in terms of movies, or the acting itself. You could make a decent case that Ford has been in better movies/more all-time classics (I treasure the best movies he's been in a bit more than I do the best ones Hanks has been in), but I don't think there's a serious case that Hanks isn't a better actor who is usually more directly responsible for the quality of the films he's in.
I meant body of work meaning taking all their movies into consideration, but people may think differently to what the question will mean, or whats more important.

I like Harrison Ford a lot, especially the younger Harrison Ford. But I have a personal movie motto that I told my mom, if Tom Hanks is in the movie, it's probably a good one.
I agree with this. So even if you go by movie quality and not their contribution or performance to each movie, there are questions about whether or not you should compare the best films they were in, or sort of average them out.

I think if you go for performance/contribution, it's Hanks.

I think if you go for average movie quality, it's Hanks.

I think if you go "who was in the absolute best movies," though, that's the one criteria where it might be Harrison. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, and Blade Runner. Hanks has many many more Very Good movies, but I'm not sure he has as many all-time greats.

Make a better place
I voted for Ford, although I think Hank is a better actor than ford, but for some reason I like Ford more and I'll choose to watch any Ford movie over Hanks

Harrys not giving up, 6 to 9.

Its really tough cause I voted Hanks, but truly the most remembered movies in my mind are Fords. I loved his Tom Clancy stuff too.

Its kind of funny Hanks never got into a franchise. Forrest Gump was the closest he came to it, but I heard the book after was flat, which is why there was no sequel. Thinking about it.....damn, that had to have been pretty flat. You know itd make money.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Tom Hanks is probably in more highly rated movies, but Harrison Ford is in more of my favorite movies, so it's an easy choice for me. Harrison Ford.

My favorite Tom Hanks movies - Splash, Big, Sleepless in Seattle, Apollo 13, You've Got Mail, Saving Mr. Banks, Bridge of Spies, the Toy Story movies, and the TV show "Bosom Buddies".

My favorite Harrison Ford movies - The Frisco Kid, Blade Runner, Witness, Working Girl, Presumed Innocent, Regarding Henry, The Fugitive, Sabrina, Air Force One, Random Hearts, Extraordinary Measures, The Age of Adaline, the Tom Clancy movies, the Star Wars movies, and the Indiana Jones movies.

Hanks. Ford has been in good films but he's a poor actor, let's face it

Tom Hanks, by far
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Tom Hanks and I don't even like Forrest Gump...