Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: ThursdayNext

Tools    

To repeat myself . . .

If you had to throw away all of your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Do you care to share your first name?

Mine is Lisa!

What are the top 5 things that keep you coming back to MoFo?

Do You have siblings? how many and their sexes

What is your favourite food?

What is your favourite drink?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If you could kill one person in this world, who would it be and why?

If you could meet anyone living or dead, who and why?

What would you do for a million dollars? (breaking point...to the limit)

Suspect's Reviews

The People's Republic of Clogher
Here's a question that will mean precisely nothing to anyone except you, me and Christine.

Did Karen The Troll singlehandedly bring down the BBC's messageboards?

Oh, and if you were a chav, what colour WKD would you swig and why?

Paxman be damned!

Did you get your username from a book?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
If you had to throw away all of your movies but one, which one would you keep?

I think The Empire Strikes Back. It isn't no. 1 on my list but I think it has the fun factor and rewatch value to make it worth while.

Do you care to share your first name?

It's Sam.

What are the top 5 things that keep you coming back to MoFo

1. I don't have anywhere else to talk about movies!
2. It is fun getting to know people and their opinions
3. I like updating my lists
4. It is a good well-moderated site with lots of intelligent people
5. It's fun to play games

Do You have siblings? how many and their sexes

I have one younger brother.

What is your favourite food?

Nachos

What is your favourite drink?

Sparkling wine...Champagne, Cava or Lambrusco, as long as it's fizzy I don't care

No, it was part of the bbc's ongoing scheme to close down all the message boards, we weren't the first or the last...although she may have been a tool of the corporation, thinking about it...

Oh, and if you were a chav, what colour WKD would you swig and why?

Despite not being a chav, I have been known to drink WKD blue...I also have a soft spot for the orange wkd, because let's face it, chavvy or not, the idea of adding vodka to Irn Bru is genius....

If you could kill one person in this world, who would it be and why?

I'm really not sure about this one, I might have to get back to you...there's always times when I'm reading the news about murders and child abusers and I've thought that person should die, but I don't know whether I'd ever actually do it myself if it came down to it.

If you could meet anyone living or dead, who and why?

Morrissey, because he's brilliant and I think he'd be very interesting.

What would you do for a million dollars? (breaking point...to the limit)

Much as I wouldn't turn down a million dollars if someone offered it to me (that's like 500 grand in pounds, right?) I wouldn't do anything illegal or embarrassing for it.

No, it was part of the bbc's ongoing scheme to close down all the message boards, we weren't the first or the last...although she may have been a tool of the corporation, thinking about it...
And here was me thinking it was just a sad bloke.
Despite not being a chav, I have been known to drink WKD blue...I also have a soft spot for the orange wkd, because let's face it, chavvy or not, the idea of adding vodka to Irn Bru is genius....
Never tried it. The last alcopop I tried was Mad Dog 20/20 - heinous stuff.

Never tried it. The last alcopop I tried was Mad Dog 20/20 - heinous stuff.

Truly the alcoholics alcohol there my friend. Lovingly referred to in many different names. My personal favorite being. Piss your pants punch.

Sorry to hijack your thread Thursday, I don't have anything interesting to ask so I'll go vanilla.

Do you have any pets?

Pictures perhaps?

Where do you live?

Do you live in a castle? (I'm going to keep asking this until I get a yes.)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yo, Thursday!

1. What is the best thing about the area you live in? What is the worst thing about the area you live in? Why?

2. Hopefully this isn't a silly or impossible question. How would you compare and contrast Lost in Translation and Brief Encounter?

Truly the alcoholics alcohol there my friend.
Aye. Well. We used to down a big bottle each before the pub on a Friday night.

Thursday - What's the saddest online name you've used for a messageboard? I've had a ton, but I'm not telling without reciprocation!

Here's a question that will mean precisely nothing to anyone except you, me and Christine.

that brought back memories. What a weird person that was. Thurs is right tho, the BBC had an agenda.

Hi Thurs

What's your favourite place you've been on holiday and where would you love to go but have never been?

What's your favourite thing about being a mum - and your least favourite?!

Do you have any pets?
Pictures perhaps?

None at the moment. I used to have a hamster, but it died about a year ago. It moved in with my parents anyway...

Where do you live?

In a first floor maisonette in North London.

Do you live in a castle? (I'm going to keep asking this until I get a yes.)

Sadly, no. You'll just have to keep asking

1. What is the best thing about the area you live in? What is the worst thing about the area you live in? Why?

The best is that the night bus stops only about a street away so I can get back from town at any time of the night (not that I get out much these days!). The worst is probably that there have been a couple of murders in the area recently, one in a street right by where I work, so it's getting a bit of a bad reputation for gangs. Although that is more on the other side from where I live, it's not the kind of place I want to stay in for years and years, certainly not when my son gets older.

2. Hopefully this isn't a silly or impossible question. How would you compare and contrast
Lost in Translation and Brief Encounter?

Silly, no, difficult, certainly! I guess they are on similar themes of never-really-get-off-the-ground love affairs, both are very well shot, sad but beautiful films. I suppose the main difference besides their settings is that BE is very much about rules and regulations, being stifled - the scene where the policeman asks her to move on from the bench she is sitting on springs to mind - whereas in LIT people have too much freedom and don't know what to do with it. I suppose this could apply to the structure of the films as well, LIT drifts along while BE moves insistently towards its destination. But the sense of displacement is similar in both, meetings take place in cafes, cinemas, hotel bars etc. Really, I love both of these films!

Thursday - What's the saddest online name you've used for a messageboard? I've had a ton, but I'm not telling without reciprocation!

Well, I tend to try to stick to Thursday Net as much as I can, I've kind of got used to it! I did sign up to one messageboard as igglepiggle, the name of a blue character in the kids' programme In the Night Garden once!

What's your favourite place you've been on holiday and where would you love to go but have never been?

I loved Scandinavia when I went there once as a kid, we went to Legoland and Tivoli Gardens, Oslo and the fjords. I'e never been to New Zealand or Mexico and I'd love to go if I ever had the money!

What's your favourite thing about being a mum - and your least favourite?

The best thing is when little Friday Next does something cute, like trying to say 'mummy', or trying to put his own socks on .

The worst thing is definitely not being able to have a lie in in the mornings! He wakes up at about 5.30 or 6 am every day. And now I am expecting another baby and I know I won't get any sleep at all when he or she arrives!

Greetings, good day, aloha and hello.

It so happens that I do have a query or two to pose to you.

What is your favorite smell and why?

What is your favorite sound and why?

What animal are you most like and why?

Given the absence of an electronic device, would you prefer writing in pencil or pen? Why?

Given the premise that a quiet, peaceful and natural death were not in store for you yet you could pick the method by which you would depart the mortal coil... which way would you go? Why?

What is your favorite object that you see every day? Why is it your favorite?

Let's see how you do