Comfort...ya need it?

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
I just watched Casablanca for the first time and it's one of the finest I've come across.

Now I must also add it took three sessions to watch this movie. All of it is due to the fact I no longer have a couch in my basement. Last night I was forced to take my lousy DVD player upstairs and watch in silence. This was at 11 PM and I wasn't allowed to raise the volume for my own sake. So I let it drop sometime later.

Today I awoke and brought the player down to the basement. I fiddled around as to where I'd sit and watch. I turned the TV, which is in a TV cabinet, towards my bed. I had to support my neck on my arm. You know, laying on my side, head propped up on the inside of my hand. Wel long story short after awhile my neck hurt and my wrist was sore. So I called it quits.

I came back awhile letter and propped myself up in my computer chair and forced myself to watch this excellent movie. Doesn't that sound screwy? "forced myself to watch this excellent movie?"

It's been this way for quite some time. I actually rented Lawrence of Arabia and called it quits about 45 minutes in due to my comfort situation. My brother packed up the DVD and returned. Didn't get to finish it.

To make my useless moaning thread somewhat useful, lets turn this into a questionaire.

What comfort tools(?) do you use while watching a movie at home?

Also at the theatres, how do you position yourself?

I'm one of those guys that isn't afraid to put his legs up on the seat in front of him or to sit across a couple of seats. Only because I want the comfort. If I'm cold, I usually sit on my hands. In return I get weird looks.

Sooo how about it?
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Randomly visiting for now
Comfort....yeah it's a must for an enjoyable movie experience.

When I'm at home I do tend to curl up in my oversized been bag, but when that's unavailable (stupid friends.... ) I tend to get sick of sitting in an arm chair or being on the couch and usually get a bunch of pillows and cram them between my arm and face, lying sideways for ultimate comfort.

When at the movies I tend to get quite restless if I just sit there with my elbows on the arms of the chair. So I too put my feet on the seat in front if I can. Also I take my shoes off and wear a warm jumper just to add to the experience. mmmm......yeah that's about it. I'm curious to see what other people do.

I find watching movies at home hard because I dont have comfortable set up in my basement to watch movies, so I tend to find myself watching at a friends house.

at the movies if nobody is in front of me or directly behind me i put my feet up I can't sit still unless i can put my feet up

I sit on a chair or lie on a sofa

Usually a comfortable chair or while in bed. I do like to watch movies/TV while I am eating. It is a bad habit I know but hey nothing like dinner and a movie...at the same time.

The People's Republic of Clogher
20 B&H (30 if it's an LOTR style epic bum-number) and a woman to look at if the film turns rubbish (or shout at if it was her pick).

I don't drink much while watching movies thesedays due to Paul Greengrass...

I have this weird default of having my arms crossed (just comfortable that way). So at theaters I just sit with my arms crossed. If I'm at home I sit on my bed with my arms crossed (I don't lay down because I'd fall asleep).

I am having a nervous breakdance
I have a fantastic old couch in my tv-room. Do I lie on it when I watch movies? No. I always put two big ass cushions against the couch and lie on the floor on my carpet with my back against the cushions and the couch. After a while my ass often starts to become a bit sore but I change position a little bit and it's ok again (yeah yeah yeah... I'm awaiting all the hillarious jokes). I don't know why I don't lie on my couch and I ask myself that every time I actually try it out.

I don't like going to a theater that much. I almost always get uncomfortable after 20-30 mins. Most of the times it's my knees and not being able to stretch out properly. When I do go to a theater I try to sit in a seat with extra space for the legs or next to the gangway so I can stretch my legs out there if my knees start bitching.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Godsend
...I'm one of those guys that isn't afraid to put his legs up on the seat in front of him or to sit across a couple of seats. Only because I want the comfort.
I do this, too. At some point, I'm usually leaning forward with my arms on the seat in front of me, or my elbows on my knees, too. Sitting stock still for 2 hours is not so pleasant.

At home, I have a great couch, pillows, chenille throws and a cat.. and a table for beverages. Ah, luxury!

history *is* moralizing
after some minutes, i sit on the floor, japanese style, a position called seiza
with a drink and ashtray in front, if that counts as comfort...
in theaters, i refrain from doing so, with more or less success...

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
After a while my ass often starts to become a bit sore...
Aint it the truth....

Personally- i go through somewhere between 50 and 75 positions during a movie, but it doesnt bother me. In the theater, i think the best way to go is with a lovely lady, slightly shorter than you for comfort's sake, on the right side. (Im a righty, can't go left.)

I wipe my ass with your feelings
After a while my ass often starts to become a bit sore but I change position a little bit and it's ok again
I'd recommend missionary, but...

there's a frog in my snake oil
I tend to shift around, mainly adopting strange positions on the floor or against walls. Anyone wanna buy a semi-collapsed 60s corduroy sofa?

Lady-lounging and people-bundles are all fun too tho

I also have a nasty habbit of removing my shoes...my feet are clean, and as far as i can tell they dont smell, but there are a lot of people in the theater who dont like to see my bare feet up on the seat in front of me. Luckily my friends are used to it.