Movie Tab II

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
The Godfather Part II - 9/10

Even better than I remember it. So very brilliant.

Scarface - 9/10

Montana still owns.

stranger then a drunken mime
Old Boy - 4.5/5
excellent movie about a mans revenge. very well done, except the disturbing part behind it, and anyone who's seen it knows what im talking about.

South Central - 4/5
low budge movie, but I actually really enjoyed it. I totally recommend checking it out, I picked it up for 4 dollers

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
The Godfather- - gets me every time

The 40 year old virgin - freakin hilarious, carell is genius and paul rudd, seth rogen and Romany Malco provide fantastic support as the friends desperately trying to help andy bust his cherry.

'You know how i know you're gay? Your balls taste like sh.it'

The beat that my heart skipped - I admit this did not click with me as strongly as 'sur mes levres' did, but still a good film from Jacques Audiard. Worth another viewing...I love these little moments he has in his films, the sliences, the overcast scenes...like looking through a sheer barrier into a private moment with ourselves.

Caché - Oh how I love Mr Haneke...interesting film, done very well, something to make me reflect, to leave me pondering what have I done, what will haunt me. I love the interactions with his characters, in the three films I have seen of his (code unknown, la pianiste, caché) this is key....and two wonderful actors in the bargain, Binoche and Auteuil. He is what I find to be refreshing cinema.

Melinda and Melinda - I could see his paranoia, his fears, his neurosis being played out by characters other than himself and I did not care for it. Give me a film with and by Mr Allen, anyday, I am happy. But by him and without him....I couldnt appreciate it. Worth another view maybe...but hmmm nope.

Sling blade - surprised I cared for it as much. Sweet film.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Snatch (2000, Mr Madge)

3/5

Nowhere near as crap as Revolver but, for me, lacking the joie de vivre of Lock Stock.... It's extremely slick though if 'slick' ruled the roost, Exxon would have more Academy Awards than Katherine Hepburn.

Watchable then, and it's always nice to see Mike Reid (though my urge to shout "Raanahraaand!!" was strong) on screen, but deep as a puddle. Which is probaly what Ritchie was aiming for...

Pitt was in his annoying 'if I twitch every few seconds I'll be a proper actor' mode too.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Här har du ditt liv / Here's Your Life (1966 - Jan Troell)

Great film about working class Sweden during the early 20th century. Based on a novel by Nobel Prize winner Eyvind Johnson.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

history *is* moralizing
Where The Truth Lies, 2005, Atom Egoyan, with a very good Kevin Bacon and Alison Lohman, not as bad as they said
and
Tampopo, 1985, a Japanese chef d'oeuvre

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
I have never seen Bully, but have seen Kids. How are they similar, and what is the "low-down" on Bully?
Punch your friends in the face until they kill you.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Welcome to the human race...
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind - 6/10

I'm ambivalent when it comes to Miyazaki. Pretty good though.

The Princess Bride - 6/10

Oh no, I don't love this movie any more! Save me!

A system of cells interlinked
The House of Yes (Waters, 1997) - Interesting, but a tad out of my range as far as taste goes. I didn;t buy Parker's character some of the time, but she was steller the rest of the time....

The Constant Gardener (Meirelles, 2005) - Aside from a couple of direction issues, I found this film engaging and thought provoking. Well done.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Sedai
The House of Yes (Waters, 1997) - Interesting, but a tad out of my range as far as taste goes. I didn;t buy Parker's character some of the time, but she was steller the rest of the time....
cool, i just watched this one from netflix myself, i found it to be fun and silly, i like ping pong dialouge which this movie was doused with.

as usual Parker got on my last nerve, but the whole idea was oddly arousing...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
House of Yes is a weird one, very very dark, but I enjoyed it a lot.

I just caught Shawn of the Dead on tv! yay!! Hilarious and really well done.

Lets put a smile on that block
"There is no 'I' in team....but there is an 'I' in meat pie....and....Meat, is an annagram of team so....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
"There is no 'I' in team....but there is an 'I' in meat pie....and....Meat, is an annagram of team so....
hehe! I'm kinda wishing I'd got it on dvd, now. I want to see it again.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Return (2003, Andrei Zvyagintsev)

4/5

Today's the day I make a start on the mountain of DVDs in my 'bought on a whim then bought something else I had better vibes about before watching the first one' pile.

I didn't speak to my dad for years and the young leads' reaction when their father (looking disturbing like Jose Mourinho) walks back into their lives hit me like a donkey's kick to the stomach.

Affecting...

"Wenger? Pft!"