Nintendo Wii

Tools    

my friend was going to purchase one but then he change his mind...he bought a psp... which is better having psp or a wii? i'm confused...

The People's Republic of Clogher
my friend was going to purchase one but then he change his mind...he bought a psp... which is better having psp or a wii? i'm confused...
If his TV's broken and his electricity's been cut off then the PSP is better. For a little while, anyway.

One is handheld, one isn't.

Lets put a smile on that block
In case anyone wants to touch my Wii or play with Mii, here's my number for Wendy (Thats her name...)

4543-7605-7151-8691
Hey Guys,

Thought i would bump this thread up as i regularly use my wii online now, AND with the awesome addition of Mario Kart, who wants to be friends!? Come on, some MOFO's here must be on the Wii?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Renewing this thread since I just got a Wii and it arrived today. I was telling Yoda that this console seems a lot smaller than his older one. I have very tiny hands (can barely hit in octave on a piano) so the pictures might give some perspective:

So now, tell a noob how to do the Wii friends thingy....

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, it's not smaller.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

It's 8.5" x 6" -- smaller than many trade paperbacks, which are 9 x 6.

Yours is that small? Really? I was sure yours was closer to the size of, say, Jeremy's PS3 but not as heavy....

Well, fine then. I guess I've just spent too much time with Jeremy's gargantuan systems and honestly didn't expect something this small. Didn't you used to bring yours up here? I swear it wasn't this small!

At any rate, Mario Kart is addictive. Did the wheel always come with 'em? Not sure how I'd fare without the wheel. I already suck on the lowest settings (although I do tend to win).

As for friends.... so, anyone going to send over their long friend numbers, or do folks guard those like Social Security numbers?

Oh, yeah, it's way smaller than the X-Box 360 or PS3. check it:

By the way, I had to type "Wii size comparison" into Google to get that. Which is pretty funny.

And no, Mario Kart doesn't come with the wheel. I don't think they had the wheel at all at first, though I'm not sure, but you can often buy them separate. They just usually bundle them.

There are already some Mii numbers earlier in this thread, I believe.

I saw one number, from blibby. Everyone else seemed to be PMing them.

Do you play much with other people over WiFi?

I have a feeling that I'd be okay buying games on this system that have a lot of replay value, like the racing games and such. Didn't you bring the Galaxy game over here last time you brought the system up? Was that when your uncle Mike was here?

Any other advice from Wii owners for a noob, post it here (game recommendations, etc.). This is your chance to influence the uninitiated!

Either way, I'm happy the console is small. Very easy to fit it onto the shelf by the TV permanently.

I'm not sure I actually ended up playing anyone remote on the Wii, actually.

No idea if I brought it up last time or not. Maybe. But it's not a very old game.

I think you'll probably not like most platformers for very long. I'd stick to the mini-game collections, sports games, etc. I've got one of each you can borrow.

Okay, so I have the Wii off, power light is yellow.... and now the front is lighting up blue over and over again. Is that because I left the game disc in??

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I had a Wii for around 2 years and recently sold it, I never used it except for Netflix, but the new Tivo box works way better for that. I think I'll give the Wii another try when the WiiU is released in a year or 2, it looks like a pretty interesting concept.

Well, I have no problem posting my Wii number here (although it looks suspiciously like a credit card number).... Anyone else game? (so to speak...)

5683-2796-5293-7388

Yoda, the only other Wii number in this thread is blibby's.

I am not a gamer at all and am terrible at most games, but here are a couple of simple, easy games even noobs can play:

Chicken Riot

You play the role of a farmer whose chickens have rioted and taken over the farm. Your job is to shoot them all (while they hurl eggs at you) and also collect bonuses. There are a few other very similar (and less expensive) games available like Chicken Shoot and Chicken Blaster, but I chose this one because it had a higher Amazon customer feedback rating.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

You play as a monkey in a hamster ball and your job is to go through a timed maze/obstacle course and collect as many bananas as possible.

I think I've seen Chicken Riot somewhere before and thought it was hilarious fun.

I'm thinking of trying Gamefly for a month to try out a bunch of games to see which ones I'd actually like to buy...