2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

Well, unless I kidnap Jeffery and Elliot to prevent them from making it to the stadium tomorrow night, I have almost no chance of winning. I wasn't able to pay much attention to the games today. I checked our score early in the afternoon and you were projected to put up 156 points. At that point I was ready to wave the white flag. At least the poor showings from Dak and the Jags D saved the outcome from being a total embarrassment. I bet just about every fantasy owner who played against Gurley is hitting the eggnog hard tonight. No shame in that.

I knew I had very little chance of winning anyway, and those slim hopes had already taken a hit after the Vikings/Packers game. Pretty frustrating to watch McKinnon have such little involvement in the game, despite being more effective with his touches than Murray. I needed a vintage Drew Brees performance to pull off the upset, and instead he had his second lowest total of the season. Sanu put up 17 points on the Saints just a couple of weeks ago. Today he got me 5. At least I made the right decision between Mike Davis and Keelan Cole in my flex, which is the only line-up decision I wrestled with this week outside of which defense to play.

Looks like I'm one step closer to becoming the 90's Buffalo Bills of Movie Forums.

I probably won't get a chance to get back on here for a few days, so I might as well go ahead and offer Yoda a premature handshake and begrudging congratulations. If I magically pull off the upset, however, prepare for much gloating and champagne showering.

Yeah, I did the usual "if the remaining players scored their season highs again..." thing yesterday, and with Ertz and the Philly D it'd be about 43 points, so I probably just need Jeffrey and Elliott to squeeze out half their projections even in the worst-case scenario. Re: Cole. I was hoping you wouldn't play him. I put in a waiver claim to block assuming you'd be after him, but used the priority on Foles last week. Not surprise you nabbed him, or played him, or that it ended up being the right call, so nice job.

If I'd lost/still lose this, I'm going to look back at the whole insane QB thing and shake my head. What a bizarre series of events for Prescott. So many competing theories about losing EE, or losing Tyron Smith, but the variables shifted enough that it was hard to isolate an explanation. After watching him play yesterday, though, I'm wondering if the problem is still mostly him.

Ideally I'd like to win by enough that I can say I would've won both playoff matchups even erasing Gurley's score entirely, though it'll probably be close enough that it might as well be true. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the stats on how many playoff teams or championship teams he ended up being on. I think it might be lower than expected because it wasn't a Devonta Freeman thing, because he still required a high draft pick. So I think maybe someone like Kareem Hunt will have been on as many playoff teams, but Gurley on more championship teams. Not sure though.

Anyway, I'll wait until things are official, but I don't need to wait that long to say: congratulations on a great season, and thanks for being such a great competitor. In the moment it's often frustrating that we go after so many of the same players, but looking back on it afterwards that makes the whole thing a lot more fun. The best competition is always like that, I think.

And hey, still got the picks pool, which is pretty competitive right now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Gurley was on the 6th place team in my league strangely, while I'm playing against Hunt in the championship.

I'm down 31 but I have Bell, Hopkins, and Jeffrey vs. Juju. It's going to be a wild finish (it's not PPR)

Wow. Still looking good, but this is wayyyy closer than it should be. A pretty crazily improbable series of events has been necessary to even get to the point where this is plausible, but that's where we are. Elliott missed a chip shot, Jeffrey has zero catches, Ertz has gotten a ton of looks, Oakland has given up great field position multiple times, and at one point Philly got a pick, gave the ball right back, then got another turnover.

Elliott makes a late FG that should shut the door. I actually had to sweat a little.

Can't even imagine what it must have been like to have Jeffrey and need just a couple points for the championship, and somehow get a goose egg. Crazy.

Wow, last play defensive TD because Oakland was desperately lateraling, and the final margin is going to be, like, four.

That probably swung some championships.

A quick note now that the season is over:

We've been doing this ten years. That's pretty cool. But not as cool as the fact that we've had so many of the same people playing year after year. Despite fielding 14 teams most seasons, we've had really low turnover: Four of us (me, @TONGO, @Sedai, and @Piledriver) have played every year, @Powdered Water has played in nine of ten, and @LTIZZY and @rauldc14 have played in eight. In one four year period from 2011-2014 we had a group of eight playing together the whole time. That's pretty nuts.

So, a big thanks to all the players who keep playing. It gives this league something extra to have that history behind it.

A system of cells interlinked
Blimey... In my other league, I made it to the championship game. Before Monday's game, all I needed was less than one point from A. Jeffery to win it all. Dude dialed in a big old goose egg. Drat! Silver for me.

Can't even imagine what it must have been like to have Jeffrey and need just a couple points for the championship, and somehow get a goose egg. Crazy.
Blimey... In my other league, I made it to the championship game. Before Monday's game, all I needed was less than one point from A. Jeffery to win it all.
Didn't think it'd happen to one of us! Wow. Awful.

I wonder if anybody actually had a slight lead, got nothing from Jeffrey to extend it, and then barely lost on the last-second TD. Must've been somebody. Somebody who's probably quit fantasy football forever.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Blimey... In my other league, I made it to the championship game. Before Monday's game, all I needed was less than one point from A. Jeffery to win it all. Dude dialed in a big old goose egg. Drat! Silver for me.
I had Jeffrey too, but I needed 18. I figured that wasn't going to happen. I almost completed the comeback until that big Juju play.

Maybe I'll win this thing one of these years.

Damn. Do yall do a site Fantasy league? I have to jump in next year. I am in a way too serious league. This is our 13th year doing it and I believe our 8th doing destination live drafts. We are out of Florida but we have done....Nashville, Key West, New Orleans, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville to name a few. We use to have a site a couple years back, that thing was a lot of fun to post on. Trying to bring it back. Anyways I've never won the damn thing. In the semis for the 2nd year in a row (last year I had the best team and lost there). Hopefully I can pull it out.

But I had Wentz :-(. Proud of that. Picked him with the my last pick had a feeling he would bust out this year. Don't have many options now it's a 12 team 1 QB PPR league. I picked up Garoppolo. I have a good feeling about him. But I also traded for Kamara midway through the season. I was riding Kamara, Wentz, JuJu and Ingram (Playing Ingram and Kamara has actually really worked).

Anyways here is my team's logo and our league's logo along with the press conference where I signed Garoppolo

Guys. I'm having PTSD. I don't know if I can play any fantasy next year. I may need to sit out a year. We have been running our league for 13 years now. Hell I started the damn thing. I've never won. I made the finals once, put up 173 points and lost because Foster's heart decided to skip a beat. Anyways let me paint the picture for you.

The team I drafted was screwing me. So I literally traded my whole squad minus Jeffery. I picked up Wentz. Gold. Traded for Kamara and Ju Ju in the same trade before they took off. Even more Gold. I got Ingram in a trade and actually played Kamara and Ingram and I'd be damn it worked out better than I even thought.

Even with all these brilliant moves I had dug myself a whole. 12 teams, 6 make the playoffs. I had to win my last week to even get in the playoffs. I lost. But fortunately had people help beat teams I needed to lose to get in. 6th and final spot. Dancing but I had to go through the 3 top teams in the league. I had 5 total wins. The 3 teams I had to beat? 6 total losses.

Got through the first team. We both stunk but I stunk less. The next team (they were brothers nonetheless) probably had the best team. He had Bell and Gurley. I f*ing survived Todd Gurley. Beat his squad by 1 point. Destiny right? Felt like it.

Get to the finals against my buddy who has won the damn league 3 times. He only had one loss on the whole year (ironically enough given to him by me). Slugfest. I trail going into the 2 monday night games on Xmas 100-129. He has Jesse James (Steelers Tight End) I had Ju Ju in the first game. 2nd game I had Foles and Jeffery he had squat. Ju Ju does nothing all game (luckily so did James who actually finished with 0). Last real drive of the game Ju Ju goes off and scores gives me about 18. 118-129. Going into the last game with Foles and Jeffery. Done deal right? So I go buy a cheap bottle of champagne.

Foles 2nd drive of the game. Throws a touchdown. Doesn't do much the rest of the half. Jeffery does nothing. But I'm up by little less than a point (we are ppr league, decimals get invovled). I'm getting congratulated by everyone in a group text. I get a glass out. But I don't want to celebrate until I'm way out in the clear. 5 or 6 points. What happens next is the scariest horror flick I've ever seen.

Jeffery doesn't catch a ball the whole God Damn game. Oh well Foles will finish this off. As I watch and yell Foles does absolutely nothing all half. As the game nears it's end I'm up by a point. Hell if Foles and Jeffery don't play the rest of the game I'm drinking champagne. My heart is in my throat every throw. Until it happens. The f*cker throws an interception towards the end of the 4th. Minus 2. Final score? 129.21 Me to 129.32 Him. I can't make this up.

I lost by a tenth of a point........I would have been less upset if I got married and my wife left me on my alter with my best man.

If you looked up heartbreak in the dictionary there would be a description of this final.

I need therapy. Merry Christmas.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
What were the final results?

Who won the pick'em league this year?

I ended up edging Captain Spaulding in a way closer than expected championship with that crazy Eagles game that ended week 16.

Picks league is still going on, but I think it's impossible for me to lose.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I think that AFC champ game is one of the best matchups you could ask for. Bowling ball vs. Strategy.