The Mist

→ in
Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
The kids and I went to see the movie this afternoon. It was good.
The teens were more enthralled with it than I was, but I enjoyed it. It stayed pretty true to King's novella.

Johann von Goethe

i was so skeptical going into this movie because of the reviews of bad CGI which im very critical of, but the story in this movie is absolutely in the top echelon of the greatest and most original stories ever told. i left the theater with such a melting pot of emotions that i couldn't help but think that it was one of the greatest movie experiences of my life. P.S. i hated the ending because of how great jane's performance is and i loved the ending because of how great jane's performance is! hands down one of the best of the year!

Lets put a smile on that block
Excellent review OG.

Do you want to know the most irritating annoying thing about this though? I have been waiting for a Darabont/King reunion for a long time. And they finally do it for one of my favourite King short stories.

YET THE FILM HAS BEEN GIVEN NO FRICKING UK RELEASE DATE. At the moment of writing, there is no planned release for this film on either DVD or at the theatres in the UK. How STUPID is that?? I heard it did pretty well at the Box Office too?? ARG.

Movie Forums Critic
yeah i think so , it is very scary and terrifying, I like the last part when the monsters appeared on the mist....

The CGI wasn't that bad. I watched the B&W director's cut and with the added scenes and extra footage shown the creature looked kinda cool. Though I'm not sayin it was anything to top any other.

This movie was so full of generic plugs it's ridiculous. Two bigs thumbs pointing down.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I was hoping this wouldn't totally suck

I was hoping this wouldn't totally suck
In the morning, before I open my eyes, I hope I wake up next to three beautiful naked woman on a bed made out of money, but I don't.

In the morning, before I open my eyes, I hope I wake up next to three beautiful naked woman on a bed made out of money, but I don't.

Hope for just one on a bed of yarn..might happen if you do not set your sights so high.

Movie Forums Extra
This was actually a good movie. The ending was so tragic.

It was a good movie, but I've heard from many people it doesnt really match the short story by stephen king. There were a lot of things added and a lot left out.
None the less it was a good film that actually sparked many long converstions about the end of the world

You ready? You look ready.
I watched this with a friend tonight and, "OMFG, amazing!!!"

Easily one of my absolute favorite horror films now. Loved it!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Saw it yesterday and liked it a lot. Loved the B movie feel of it, but was a bit sad about the ending I mean how could Darabont have been soooo mean! I liked King's ending better!

A system of cells interlinked
It's a weak ending. Gimmicky and unbelievable. Still a decent flick, though...

The Adventure Starts Here!
I don't think King's ending would have worked for a movie, though. It worked as a story just fine.

I actually liked the movie ending, although with the passage of time, I've come to realize he would have waited as long as possible before doing what he did -- and would therefore have not ended up in that situation because he would have seen what was really happening.

Still, the effect on the crowd in the theater was amazing. Everyone was horrified, whispering rather loudly, "Noooo.........!" That alone was worth the ending.

I agree with Sedai about the ending being gimmicky. You just knew what was going to happen the minute he got out of the car and heard that noise, but I still thought jeez no not that! Then that
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
made a happy ending, well happy in that the mist went and we presume all was well afterwards
. I hate it when film makers can't leave open endings, cos they're much more interesting.