Chris Pratt
7.69%
3 votes
Bradley Cooper
23.08%
9 votes
Other
39 votes. You may not vote on this poll

For me, it's not even that I think the franchise should RIP - I just honestly don't care. Indiana Jones went off my radar YEARS ago, around the time I turned thirteen

Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Some people play roles so well, that a reboot is only going to leave room for disappointment (For example Robert Englund is Freddy Kruger, so for me the reboot of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' without Englund was a very bad idea.)

Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Some people play roles so well, that a reboot is only going to leave room for disappointment (For example Robert Englund is Freddy Kruger, so for me the reboot of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' without Englund was a very bad idea.)
Amen to that! I am so sick of these remakes, I could scream. Get a damn idea already, someone, and try to make it a good one, too.

I think Chris Evans, who played Johnny in the Fantastic Four movies would make a great Indiana Jones.
ok so want Captain America to be Indiana Jones? No.. Chris Evans can stay Captain America... Let Indy die.....

Willie Scott should've also produced a secret love-child for Indy - a daughter, this time. That would be acceptable to most fans, I should think.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
I would honestly be okay with Harrison Ford doing one more Indy movie (so long as there's no Mutt Williams on board), then have him pass the torch on to Chris Pratt. I think Pratt is the next best fit for the role behind Ford.

The thought of someone else playing Indiana Jones other than Harrison Ford is kind of disturbing...people get older, it's a reality that the movie business needs to learn to deal with.

Sorry. There's only one Indy, and that's Harrison Ford.
Spot on.
Let's put this one to bed.

it is such a difficult question because we know one indian jones and imagine other is impossibile, but Cooper is versatile and would be good.

So Spielberg is talking about continuing the franchise but recasting Indy, I for one think they should let it die with Harrison Ford but knowing Hollywood that isn't gonna happen. Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy, Parks & Recreation) & Bradley Cooper (Hangover, Limitless) are the names being thrown around so I was wondering what your opinions are on who should be the next Indiana Jones if they are so bent on making another one. Obviously we all agree they should just let the franchise die with Ford but we all know that isn't gonna happen in this day and age, and if they have to reboot it Pratt and Cooper are easily the top two choices for the role. (None of that Shia LeBeouf crap)
I think it's very difficult if you've grown up with Indiana Jones to see anyone else playing him (and yet younger actors already have). Harrison Ford had the same kind of stature of, say an actor from the period like Gary Cooper, and I think finding that now is extremely difficult. I can't think of anybody who matches him but they must be out there somewhere!

Okay -- everybody STOP.

Whoever you're thinking of... it's WRONG!

I mean, HELLO???? It's 2015. There's only one WAY OBVIOUS choice here:

Like... duh!

It's time for Indiana Jones to be female!
Are you kidding? You don't make classic, well-established, iconic characters female... you make them black (don't you know anything???)

So Idris Elba might be a good choice, but heck, by the time a sequel roles around he'll be too old too. Same goes for Denzel, Chris Rock, the Wayans Brothers. Too bad there's not a black version of Shia LeBouf... or is there?
The new Indiana Jones - - - Jaden Smith!

One thing will be sure, an Indiana Jones of color will be the Nazis worst f%#@$n' nightmare; a black man with a whip!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So this is gonna be the new Ghostbusters 3 thread now? What a sewage dump that thread was...jeez.

You know what, thinking about it, I really want them to just make a new movie with new characters. We don't need to rehash old movies anymore. I'd like to think someone out there is capable of making up something as good as Indiana Jones, but we won't ever get that if they keep rehashing Indiana Jones. Leave older flicks alone.

Yes, i get the irony of me saying this while watching one of the new Star Trek movies (which I totally loved)...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/