The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL. The kitteh is giving pup the bird.

An eggshell blonde. Very nice rat boy.

You ready? You look ready.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You're adorable, matt. And so is junior mofo. So sweet to see a man loving his baby niece so much.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Apologies for the crappy camerawork but this was guerrilla film-making at its finest .... well, my phone was on charge and I had to go to an entire other room to retrieve it.

Anyway.

As well as being the Jack Russells of the avian world, robins are hella nosy.

Apologies for the crappy camerawork but this was guerrilla film-making at its finest .... well, my phone was on charge and I had to go to an entire other room to retrieve it.

Anyway.

As well as being the Jack Russells of the avian world, robins are hella nosy.
Interesting, is that the only Robin where you live? We have what we call Robins in the US but they look different.

Do your Robins eat worms or insects. The Robins in the US often feed by turning their head towards the ground, I assume to listen, then they pull a worm out from the grass. It's really amazing that they can do that.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they eat insects over here. The birds on my lawn pecking around after a shower of rain are usually magpies and blackbirds.

I do have a nesting pair of buzzards, though, but they're in a tree in the far field. Magnificent creatures.

Not as magnificent as this Victorian Christmas card, however - Which proves what a European robin looks like!

The Victorians really were a bunch of weirdos.

EDIT - Oh yeah, I've got a wren living under my oil tank.

Interesting, is that the only Robin where you live? We have what we call Robins in the US but they look different.

The American Robin isn't actually a Robin, it's a Song Thrush
They're called Robins because of the colouring but are a totally different species to the Flycatchers.

The American Robin isn't actually a Robin, it's a Song Thrush
They're called Robins because of the colouring but are a totally different species to the Flycatchers.
Thanks I didn't know that. But now that you mention it, we do have a bird called the Varied Thrush that looks like the cousin of an American Robin.

They never come to bird feeders unless you put out fruit.

Could well be related if it's a Thrush.

There's loads of "Robins" out in the world, but only in name because they have a red breast.
Australasian Robins, Scarlett Robins, American Robins, Norfolk Robins... there's only one true type of Robin though, found only in the UK and European countries.

There's a type of bird in the Canary Islands as well named Robins, though it's believed they're an evolutionary throwback in a similar way as the Madagascan Lesser Hedgehog Tenrec.
It's not a Hedgehog, not even related, yet is identical to hedgehogs, and even has the same diet and breeding habits.

A system of cells interlinked
@johnmcclane - is that Cosima from OB?