Favorite Films Featuring Christmas

Tools    

Which are your favorite films that at least have one Christmas scene in them?

I'm going to start off with two Christmas classics that I absolutely adore to get the thread going:

It's a Wonderful Life

Meet Me in St. Louis

There's already an old thread about favorite christmas films, but here you can mention any film that features Christmas, even for a short time.

P.S. I'm planning to watch some classic warm Christmas films after the 21st of December (my last examanation day of 2016), so I'm basically looking for some good recommendations here.

@Camo: Love that film. I watched it last year around Christmas time if I'm not mistaken. Lubitsch at his most wonderful!

@Citizen: That one's on my watchlist. Will make sure to watch it this year now that you've recommended it.

I quickly made a "To Watch"-list on IMDb while studying:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066463551/

From your watchlist:

Miracle On 34th Street: I know i saw this when i was younger along with the remake with the kid from Matilda. Don't remember it too well though, think i liked it at the time.

A Christmas Story: Really fun. Watched it as an adult and was expecting it not to work for me but it did, really charming funny film.

White Christmas: My mum had this on dvd when i was a kid, not sure if i watched it or not.

Christmas Vacation: Watched this for the first time last year along with Vaction. Fun movie.

Rudolph: It's okay i suppose. Always preferred The Grinch and other christmas specials as a kid.

Black Christmas; Very good slasher.

Lethal Weapon: Not one of my favourites.

That's all that i've saw, i want to see most of the others.

Mark, haven't seen Remember the Night yet but have it set to record next week. Ought to be interesting to see Fred and Barbara together before they did Double Indemnity.

On my list of favorites are the previously mentioned It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story. Also on my list are:

]

My all-time favourite Christmas movie is Elf. To me, Elf is not only a very funny film but it also epitomises exactly what Christmas is supposed to be. I also love the idea that Santa's sleigh is powered by festive spirit; it's a very clever idea and gives Buddy's childlike excitement for Christmas a purpose in the third act.

Perhaps my favorite non-Christmas movie taking place during Christmas: Blast of Silence.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blast of silence.JPG
Views:	575
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	28113  

White Christmas: My mum had this on dvd when i was a kid, not sure if i watched it or not..
When I was a kid, I couldn't go to sleep on Xmas Eve until I watched this movie.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Which are your favorite films that at least have one Christmas scene in them?

I'm going to start off with two Christmas classics that I absolutely adore to get the thread going:

It's a Wonderful Life

Meet Me in St. Louis

There's already an old thread about favorite christmas films, but here you can mention any film that features Christmas, even for a short time.

P.S. I'm planning to watch some classic warm Christmas films after the 21st of December (my last examanation day of 2016), so I'm basically looking for some good recommendations here.
Interesting story, It's a Wonderful Life is now considered as a beloved film, especially around the holidays, but upon release, the response was actually lukewarm at best. It's a Wonderful Life recorded a half-million loss at the box-office for the film studio responsible and attained a mixed response. Capra referred to it as a universal disclaim or just dismissive response. The film was so "unloved" that it was eventually allowed into the public domain and began appearing on television stations who just wanted something to throw on for free.

In the 1970s, the film became a staple for the Christmas season. Capra said it's his personal favorite among those he directed and said he screened it to his family every year.

Let the night air cool you off
@Camo: Love that film. I watched it last year around Christmas time if I'm not mistaken. Lubitsch at his most wonderful!

@Citizen: That one's on my watchlist. Will make sure to watch it this year now that you've recommended it.

I quickly made a "To Watch"-list on IMDb while studying:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls066463551/
It's been too long since I've seen The Dead, but I absolutely loved it when I saw it. I think I'll probably revisit it soon, but if my memory is accurate, you should make it a priority.

Let the night air cool you off
I think these all have Christmas(y) scenes in them if they are not entirely set on Christmas. I like all of these at least enough to enjoy.

- The Dead
- Eyes Wide Shut
- Die Hard
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Christmas Evil
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Home Alone
- Gremlins
- Black Christmas
- Batman Returns
- Elf
- Bad Santa
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Mean Girls
- Edward Scissorhands
- The Apartment
- Stalag 17
- Blast of Silence

It's been too long since I've seen The Dead, but I absolutely loved it when I saw it. I think I'll probably revisit it soon, but if my memory is accurate, you should make it a priority.
Is the 79 minutes DVD version the right one to watch or is there a 83 minutes version as well (the duration given on IMDb)?