The New AND Improved MoFo Top 100 Films of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I should have paid more attention and I would have submitted a list. Or was it invite only?

Good to see Leon, and Double Indemnity on there. Temple of Doom is no surprise. I am surprise to see Good Will Hunting, which I thought most people forgot about after a year or so when it came out. Also shocked to see Moulin Rouge! which I assumed most people hated.

Of course I imagine this list will be heavily dominated by films released in the last 20 years or so.

Honestly, it has been a pretty good mix so far.

Well, with this scoring system and sample size, it only takes a few people to sneak onto the end of the list.
Yep. Or in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf's case, all it takes is a very high ranking on a list from mark and sarah f.

88. American Beauty (1999, Mendes)

Total Points Earned: 36
Compared to Previous List: NEW

87. Raging Bull (1980, Scorsese)

Total Points Earned: 36
Compared to Previous List: 16 spots

Yeah seriously. It's probably his finest.

I'm kind of torn on American Beauty....I give it a 7/10 but I can see how one can like the movie. The movie was just a bit too strange for me in parts.

I'm with you, Genesis. I haven't seen Raging Bull either.

88. American Beauty (1999, Mendes)

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it really weird how low some of these points total are still. I mean, assuming Darkrose got his vote in, that's 25 for American Beauty. Kind of interesting that it only garnered 11 more total points. That speaks volumes to how many different movies must have gotten votes, which I believe you stated somewhere before in here.

I find it really weird how low some of these points total are still. I mean, assuming Darkrose got his vote in, that's 25 for American Beauty. Kind of interesting that it only garnered 11 more total points. That speaks volumes to how many different movies must have gotten votes, which I believe you stated somewhere before in here.
Absolutely. It's also why I don't expect to see many of my choices on the list, as I feel (though I'd love to be wrong) that I'd be the only person (or maybe one of two) voting for it.

Absolutely. It's also why I don't expect to see many of my choices on the list, as I feel (though I'd love to be wrong) that I'd be the only person (or maybe one of two) voting for it.
I feel the same way. Two of my votes have made it, but I don't think more than 7-8 of mine total will make it. Especially since two of my highest ranked movies are already gone.