Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

Was it on Netflix?
No unfortunately it was on tv,and it was a while back so i cant search for it in the tv program.
It was really horrendous stuff though

I saw Last Documentary Movie Addicted to Saw You Must watch this movie..

My favourite documentaries are - man on a wire and riding giants which is about Surfers can't remember the last one I saw though

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Most Traumatic - India's daughter about the gang rape on a bus and murder of Jyoti Singh in India. Filthy POS, and the attitude demonstrated is outrageous. I hope the hanging goes wrong and their eyes pop out.

I dont know why I said that.

Most Traumatic - India's daughter about the gang rape on a bus and murder of Jyoti Singh in India. Filthy POS, and the attitude demonstrated is outrageous. I hope the hanging goes wrong and their eyes pop out.

I dont know why I said that.
I agree. As we used to say in England - hanging is too good for them.

I agree. As we used to say in England - hanging is too good for them.
Still reeling from that one. Utterly gut wrenching. I dont think I've ever been so horrified just at some words. I'm following the documentary maker on the net and she said after spending hours with those parasites she concluded they're not psychopaths but were fully aware of what they were doing. They need to be hanged, and slowly.
RiP Jyoti. All she wanted was to be a doctor helping people who didnt have access to a hospital.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm always looking for great documentaries on society, but I don't wanna go through 23 pages, so if you have recommendations (especially if they are on YouTube) - I'll watch.... Thanks.

My favs.
-Place De La Republique (Louis Malle)
-Dark Days

not to be confused with the dramatised kevin spacey vehicle that was terrible.
You had me confused there for a minute. lol

I actually found the movie pretty funny.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Grab and Run (2017) - IMDb link

It's a powerful doc about a horrible tradition in Kyrgyzstan that is bride kidnapping. Basically if a guy wants to marry a girl, he just kidnaps her with the help of his family... Sometimes they convince her to stay, other times he rapes her, so she has to say because she lost the honour of her family. Pretty heavy!

Bride and Run (2017) - IMDb link

It's a powerful doc about a horrible tradition in Kyrgyzstan that is bride kidnapping. Basically if a guy wants to marry a girl, he just kidnaps her with the help of his family... Sometimes they convince her to stay, other times he rapes her, so she has to say because she lost the honour of her family. Pretty heavy!
I imagine your one is better but in case no one can find it there's a Vice doc on the same thing here:

Last great doc i watched was LA 92 about the La Riots of course. It's presented fully through news footage from back then, no narration or talking heads or anything.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
We Are X (2016) - The history of Japanese rock band X Japan, and their overcoming their 1997 breakup and the death of their guitar player hide in 1998, which almost lead to band leader Yoshiki quitting music as a whole until he was asked by Emperor Hirohito to write a song for him up to their reunion in 2007 and living their dream in 2014 when they came to New York City and played the legendary Madison Square Garden.

This might just do nobody any good.
Hitchcock / Truffaut.

Damn if it doesn't reinvigorate a love of cinema, even if you're a deep end kind of guy.

This is a movie but based on a real person

movies can be okay...
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The last really good one I can think of was a BBC documentary about Tove Jansson who created the Moomins.