What's On Your Bucket List?

Tools    

Just saw the trailer for The Bucket List and thought I'd post my own Top 5 list of things I want to do before I die:

1. Experience a moment of true satisfaction
2. Buy my own house/apartment
3. Write an article for a major publication
4. Live in Asia for a year
5. Go to the Oscars/Emmy's

What's on your list, guys and girls?

1. Have a family.
2. Make a wildlife documentary.
3. Write a book.
4. Visit all the continents.
5. Make this sculpture I've been thinking about for a long time.

A lot of that stuff has been on my wish list for a very long time.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Welcome to the human race...
Hey there, welcome to MoFo.

I'll have to tell you one thing, this doesn't really have anything to do with movies so it'll probably get shifted somewhere else. In the meantime, my five things to do are....

1. Write a book.
2. Write and direct a feature length film.
3. Fire a gun.
4. Visit everywhere I want to go.
5. Meet the people I want to.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Great screen name!

1. Become a professional bra-fitter
2. Move to France
3. Get my front porch wallpapered...
4. Plant a tree that I can sit under
5. Get better at being me

I am half agony, half hope.
This list is not set in stone and is subject to change if a 'close-to-death' prognosis comes along...

1. Take a road trip to Tierra Del Fuego
2. Travel Europe
3. See the kids graduate college and do something they love
4. Go across the US by train
5. Live in a cabin in the woods

Johann von Goethe

Great screen name!

1. Become a professional bra-fitter
Amen brother, Amen.

Any who, cool thread.

1. See the entire United States, preferably by R.V. so we could take our cats.
2. Buy a House, preferably somewhere in the middle of no where.
3. I'd like to see my Dad get out of the house once in awhile to say, oh I don't know, just do anything!
4. I would like to become more tolerant of the people around me, if I don't I may regret it.
5. Go to Australia and maybe never come back.

5. Make this sculpture I've been thinking about for a long time.
You know I love art so if you don't mind me asking, of what?

3. Get my front porch wallpapered...
4. Plant a tree that I can sit under
You guys wallpaper your porches? And I like the tree planting... they take a good long time to grow large enough to sit under...

4. Go across the US by train
That sounds like fun... except they tend to rock me to sleep quite a bit... ... I ride one a lot lately... sometimes over 100 miles one way....

As for me....

1) Take a trip across the pond to explore Ireland and the Scottish Highlands…
2) See Sinéad O'Connor and Loreena McKennitt in concert…
3) Learn the art of making an omelet that actually looks like one…
4) Dig into my family history a little deeper…
5) Take part in the Sacred Ride to Wounded Knee (250 miles on horseback in Dec.)…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You guys wallpaper your porches? And I like the tree planting... they take a good long time to grow large enough to sit under...
Ah yes, it's not an outdoor porch but the little room between the front door and the living room door - it's not a hall either, much too small (and I've already got one of those buggers which I painted a while back and have regretted the colour ever since) so dunno quite what else to call it.

Knowing my (lack of) gardening prowess I'd be surprised if my tree made it past sapling stage. I've already killed one bonsai in the past 12 months...

1) Take a trip across the pond to explore Ireland and the Scottish Highlands…
2) See Sinéad O'Connor and Loreena McKennitt in concert…
3) Learn the art of making an omelet that actually looks like one…
4) Dig into my family history a little deeper…
5) Take part in the Sacred Ride to Wounded Knee (250 miles on horseback in Dec.)…

Just don't ask me to help you with your family history! I've become a reluctant genealogist recently and have found it enlightening.

It enlightens me to sleep most days.

I can sort you out with a place to stay in Paddysville, though.

Lost in never never land
1) Take over some foreign country
2) Punch Woody Allen in the face
3) Be the emperor of Mars

Oh, sorry, I got carried away, not onto the real ones.

1. Sell a screenplay that gets made
2. Visit Norway
3. Direct a film (or pull a Primer and make the whole film myself)
4. Write a book
5. Pump elbows with some celebrities
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Here is my list;

1. Buy a Harley (actually a chopper)
2. Take an Alaskan cruise
3. build my castle
4. Never work another day in my life
5. Geek it up with George and the boys and brainstorm the next epic sci-fi blockbuster.

in no particular order :P

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Ah yes, it's not an outdoor porch but the little room between the front door and the living room door - it's not a hall either, much too small (and I've already got one of those buggers which I painted a while back and have regretted the colour ever since) so dunno quite what else to call it.
Ah... okay, my house building uncle always calls them an entry hall... not sure if that is the official name or just his... but some of the ones here are just big enough for one person to stand in comfortably and I've never quiet figured out why they're even there...

Just don't ask me to help you with your family history! I've become a reluctant genealogist recently and have found it enlightening.

It enlightens me to sleep most days.

I can sort you out with a place to stay in Paddysville, though.
LOL... I have several relatives who have been digging up the bones, so to speak, for several years.... the only problem I have is that I don't particularly want to claim a few of the live ones they've run across over here lately...

Better be careful, you never know... you just might get a phone call in the middle of the night from a chick with a very strange accent trying to remember her Irish...

A system of cells interlinked
1 - Start a family, hopefully with
2 - Become more proficient at
3 - Get back into playing music/mixing
4 - See more movies
5 - Travel more

Ah yes, it's not an outdoor porch but the little room between the front door and the living room door - it's not a hall either, much too small so dunno quite what else to call it.
I suppose you could call it a *mini-foyer* with an accent ague on the yer so you could sound all sophisticated and stuff.

You know I love art so if you don't mind me asking, of what?
I'd make anything, as long as there was movement.

Right now, for some reason that I don't understand, I'm focusing on the flight of a duck.

Basically, the whole idea is to make one smooth sculpture of the duck flying from point A to point B. You'd be able to see the pattern of the wing flaps and the bobbing of the head. If I'm able to get it on paper I'd like to add some sort of curve to the bird's path.

If you've seen those photographs of a skier or skateboarder where there's multiple exposures taken from one focal point, that's what I want to do, the only differences is that I want to make a sculpture so you can walk around it and feel it and I don't want any breaks in between the key points (there wouldn't actually be any key points because every area of space would between point A and B would give detail to movement).

Does that make sense? This is the first time I've tried writing an explanation.

And to be completely honest, if I'm able to do the duck, my ultimate goal would be to make a sculpture of movement with a stripper as my subject. The hair, the curves, the posture: all done in sanded white clay. That would be awesome.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. Skydive
2. Make a feature length film
3. Visit Europe for 2nd time
4. Learn to play guitar
5. Write a book.

Suspect's Reviews

I'd make anything, as long as there was movement.

Right now, for some reason that I don't understand, I'm focusing on the flight of a duck.

Basically, the whole idea is to make one smooth sculpture of the duck flying from point A to point B. You'd be able to see the pattern of the wing flaps and the bobbing of the head. If I'm able to get it on paper I'd like to add some sort of curve to the bird's path.

If you've seen those photographs of a skier or skateboarder where there's multiple exposures taken from one focal point, that's what I want to do, the only differences is that I want to make a sculpture so you can walk around it and feel it and I don't want any breaks in between the key points (there wouldn't actually be any key points because every area of space would between point A and B would give detail to movement).

Does that make sense? This is the first time I've tried writing an explanation.

And to be completely honest, if I'm able to do the duck, my ultimate goal would be to make a sculpture of movement with a stripper as my subject. The hair, the curves, the posture: all done in sanded white clay. That would be awesome.

Yes, it actually does make sense... and I would love to see the finished product... and as for you focusing on the flight of a duck... did you know some Native American's believe that each person has a spirit guide that is an animal... the guide can change from time to time... but you are normally overly attracted to whichever animal it is at the time.... people who have Ducks as their guides are said to be in the place they are meant to be on their path of life...

But as far as the stripper goes....you're on your own...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
1. Skydive
2. Make a feature length film
3. Visit Europe for 2nd time
4. Learn to play guitar
5. Write a book.
Or, to knock them all out of the ballpark

1.Write a book about you making your feature film, in which you learn to play the guitar and skydive at Europe

Ah... okay, my house building uncle always calls them an entry hall... not sure if that is the official name or just his... but some of the ones here are just big enough for one person to stand in comfortably and I've never quiet figured out why they're even there...
Mine's that size and I can only think that the reason for its existance is for insulation and draught-keeping-out purposes.

The first house we bought was a little Victorian cottage (for £20K, sheesh, those were the days ) who's front door opened straight from the street into the living room.

Cold.

LOL... I have several relatives who have been digging up the bones, so to speak, for several years.... the only problem I have is that I don't particularly want to claim a few of the live ones they've run across over here lately...
Heh, I can relate to that. I've got more black sheep in my family than a coal-mining farmer. Has 'black sheep' been ... ermmm ... blacklisted by the yoghurt-knitting fluffy jumper brigade yet?

Better be careful, you never know... you just might get a phone call in the middle of the night from a chick with a very strange accent trying to remember her Irish...
Use English please! The only Irish that I'm likely to remember and respond with when woken up in the middle of the night would be a two word phrase ending in "off".

Originally Posted by Powderedwater
I suppose you could call it a *mini-foyer* with an accent ague on the yer so you could sound all sophisticated and stuff.
That makes it sound like I live in a theatre! Theatre of the Absurd perhaps, sometimes...

Lets put a smile on that block
I first thought this thread was about my favourite buckets. If so, i could NEVER list them all in 5 entries, way too hard.
3) Be the emperor of Mars
I like this one. I shall add it to my SECRET bucket list.

Anyway, I have had this list for a very long time...

1.See a volcanic eruption
2.Storm chasing to see a tornado
3.Write my apocalyptic novel/screenplay
4.Drive across America
5.Make it up to my parents.

Im pretty bored right now so im gonna go right on with this format...

Staple bucket things are:

1.Have kids
2.Have a home (maybe built by me too if I’m not too shoddy)
3.Own a widescreen HD ginormous TV
4.Read more classic novels
5.Have loads and loads more sex.

Achieved bucket moments:

1.Get a good degree
2.Complete my thesis (dissertation)
3.Have my work published
4.Be in a film/tv
5.Travel the world (Going in Jan 09, cant fricking wait)