Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Fight Club (1999) - David Fincher

- Cult classic movie and one of my favorite rewatch. Pitt and Norton are astounding (probably one of my favorite duo ever) and the storyline is B.A.D.A.S.S. David Fincher is my favorite director working today and in my opinion one of the best director ever.

Most interesting man in the world
I Saw What You Did 1965 8 / 10

"Teenagers Libby and Kit innocently spend an evening making
random prank calls. These calls lead to murderous consequences."

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah I was pretty shocked as well, but it was the same thing that happened to Hell or High Water which was written by the same guy. For some reason Sicario got a lot of attention and praise, rightfully so, but then HoHW and Wind River both had nothing on them even though they were just as solid if not debatably more so. I guess no one really follows writers though, and I am guilty of that too now that I know Wind River has been out since August.
In retrospect that is eerily convenient, isnt it.

Fist of Legend (1994, Gordon Chan)

Some incredible fight scenes in this one.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Woody Woodpecker: The film, originally meant for the Brazilian market (the character, known as Pica-Pau, is huge in Brazil), is what i think Furry Vengeance should have been in some way. It has its moments in what you would expect from a family film with gags and lessons learned. I just had to get used to Eric Bauza's voicing Woody. Of course, the late Grace Stafford will always be the greatest Woody voice, Bauza did okay...just had to get used to it.

Final Rating: C

Better Watch Out. A teenage babysitter finds herself having to defend her young charge from home invaders... or does she? Nothing is quite as it appears in this unpredictable 2017 Christmas-themed comic horror that soon takes a very different tack to the one its opening act leads you to expect. Engagingly oddball.

"Non Stop" 2014- Liam Neeson

Very good suspense, good thriller!
Maybe too many special effects in some parts.. but was fine.

Liam Neeson is a very good actor and did a great performance

7/10

Inception - 9.3/10 - I wonder how people on here will rate this among the rest of Nolan's filmography, if you see this post, can you quote me saying what you think of it, I'm very curious.

Full review in my movie log
How do you rate a movie with decimal point? What's your rating system?

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
How do you rate a movie with decimal point? What's your rating system?
In my profile I rate them out of 100 and then I just transfer it to decimals here because It's easier to read. I normally always give thoughts on what I think of the movies (what I think they did right and vice-versa) and my rating is a subjective number that represents my personal experience, because I think film is all about the experience. And the rating system is very specific, I know, but it just always worked like that for me. I tried the 1-10 scale without any decimals for a while, and I thought it wasn't specific enough for me. Then I tried adding the point 5 scale, but I thought: "What if I think a movie is better than a 9.5 but not quite a 10?". So yeah, that's where it came from, I know it's annoying and too specific, but its what makes the most sense in my head. What about you?

Manhattan - 8/10
Mixed (though generally good) feelings, the rating swung between 7 and 8 before settling on 8. The beautiful B&W photography of New York with Gershwin was perfect. But Allen and Keaton's self-absorbed & egotistical characters became just a little too obnoxious at times, especially Allen (at least Keaton was acting). Plenty of good cracks ("the brain is the most overrated organ"), though also the odd prescient and not so funny ones, "Hey, I'm dating a girl who does homework!"...u-huh. Hemingway seemed wooden, but a young Streep was already charismatic even in a small role. The scenes at the planetarium & the art gallery had great shots.

Yeah I was pretty shocked as well, but it was the same thing that happened to Hell or High Water which was written by the same guy. For some reason Sicario got a lot of attention and praise, rightfully so, but then HoHW and Wind River both had nothing on them even though they were just as solid if not debatably more so. I guess no one really follows writers though, and I am guilty of that too now that I know Wind River has been out since August.
Hell or High Water did get 4 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. The problem with Wind River is it didn't do well in the festivals, which I somewhat understand.

Sicario also had Dennis Villeneuve as a director who got attention partly because Prisoners didn't get a lot of attention when that came out the year before.

Sheridan is going back to TV to tell a long range mystery series called Yellowstone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow...U.S._TV_series)

Hell or High Water did get 4 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. The problem with Wind River is it didn't do well in the festivals, which I somewhat understand.

Sicario also had Dennis Villeneuve as a director who got attention partly because Prisoners didn't get a lot of attention when that came out the year before.

Sheridan is going back to TV to tell a long range mystery series called Yellowstone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow...U.S._TV_series)
I haven't seen Wind River yet but I'm pretty sure that the Weinstein scandal damaged its chances at being nominated for awards

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I haven't seen Wind River yet but I'm pretty sure that the Weinstein scandal damaged its chances at being nominated for awards
No it failed at Sundance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_S..._Film_Festival

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...tomatometer/4/

It finished 62nd of all the films from the critics leaving Sundance. They were clearly wrong as in hindsight it ended up besting most of those films in the long run but it's pre-release buzz was hurt.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
Punch-Drunk Love

7,5/10
The movie's ambient polution to summarize Barry's psycho struggles annoyed me a little bit, but I enjoyed the movie's script and Sandler's acting was mostly good.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
Manhattan - 8/10
Mixed (though generally good) feelings, the rating swung between 7 and 8 before settling on 8. The beautiful B&W photography of New York with Gershwin was perfect. But Allen and Keaton's self-absorbed & egotistical characters became just a little too obnoxious at times, especially Allen (at least Keaton was acting). Plenty of good cracks ("the brain is the most overrated organ"), though also the odd prescient and not so funny ones, "Hey, I'm dating a girl who does homework!"...u-huh. Hemingway seemed wooden, but a young Streep was already charismatic even in a small role. The scenes at the planetarium & the art gallery had great shots.

Are you Brazilian?

Most interesting man in the world
The Devil's Rain 1975 6 /10

"A bunch of Satanists in the American rural landscape have
terrible powers which enable them to melt their victims. However
one of the children of an earlier victim vows to destroy them."

Are you Brazilian?
No, I'm German, though with a lot of Hispanic connections.
But I'll take Brazilian as a compliment.