Planet Earth - BBC nature series

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Planet Earth

Just saw the first episode. Very classy indeed. Some of the rock-steady aerial footage was amazing.

Some highlights were...

Polar bears emerging from their hybernation den; a 1-second kill by a great white slowed down to 40secs (like an automated Jaws come to life it was); huge migrations seen from all angles, including elephants fighting massive deserts storms - then filmed underwater playing in a tributary; the utterly insane 'dancing' birds of Papua New Guinea; hunting-dogs using deadly group tactics, and lush sections of Africa looking like something out of LOTRs.

Class, pure class.

Check out the interactive 'planet earth explorer' and the clips archive on the link above

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Golgot
a 1-second kill by a great white slowed down to 40secs (like an automated Jaws come to life it was);
I actually blurted out whilst watching that part. I dont really know what i said but watching that ginormous shark jump from the water with that seal in his mouth made noise come from me. Incredible photography.

This series is gonna be good

Did you make any noises today Blib

Was a bit more chilled wasn't it. The snow leapords were funky - and what is it about miniature deadly animals? Why are little bears so cute?

Anyways... some highlights for me were...

The herd of hundreds of mountain monkeys, a snow leapord hunting on a sheer cliffside, getting hit in the face by an avalanche, some of the perpendicular spikey mountain views, and watching that bird flock getting turned back and scattered during their mountain assault. Nuts.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Caught first ep on DVD....oh my god.

So beautiful, so amazing. Words cannot describe the beauty of this world.....and we as humans are destroying it.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

Suspect's Reviews

I have seen 3 or 4 episodes and loved it great series. will probably pick up the dvd set to see it all

So beautiful, so amazing. Words cannot describe the beauty of this world.....and we as humans are destroying it.
It's tougher than us U, tougher than us - It'll still be being beautiful and ferocious long after you or I have hit life's pay dirt anyway

Originally Posted by TheU
I highly recommend this to everyone.
I saw Davey Attenborough on a chat show tonight, and revelled in the fact that this bright-eyed old geezer, who'se brought so many natural delights to the screen, was alive and 'active' when TV first started broadcasting on the UK scene. (He was a BBC 'ultimate' for a while i believe).

It's ****ing nuts to think that his passion for the oddity and intangible uniformity of life's miasmas still burns so strong. I salute the guy. I'm almost certain he can do no wrong

I've heard so much about this that I think I'm going to just buy it so I can watch the whole thing...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)