Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sicario (2015)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Care for some gopher?
Rififi (Jules Dassin, 1955) -
+

A pretty awesome french heist movie. The best part is definetely the 30-minute burglary sequence without any music or dialouge.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)

I was not prepared. It's very worth a watch, but it will leave you breathless!

8.5/10

I don't think I'm ready to go deep into the rate, just how it made me feel.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)

8.5/10

I don't think I'm ready to go deep into the rate, just how it made me feel.
Dude you're not supposed to brazenly spoil the endings of movies in this thread. At the very least use a spoiler tag.

A Streetcar Named Desire - 8/10

Liked this alot. I remember someone saying Brando here was the finest male performance they have seen, not quite sure if i agree with that but i did think he was fantastic and it is now my favourite performance of his, pretty surprising that he was the only one not to win an Oscar as i thought he was the best then again i haven't seen The African Queen/ Vivien Leigh was also very good, i loved her nervous, nutty character, she was certainly pretty over the top but i felt it fit her relationship with Stanley and Mitch in particular and the story. I also really liked the script. I'm aware it is based on a play so it did come across a bit stagey and unrealistic which is sometimes a problem for me but i loved it here. Some random lines of no importance really cracked me up. "We'll wait til she's through soaking in the tub then i'll inquire if she is acquainted with the Napoleonic Code".

Anyway yeah great film, will be in consideration for my 50's list.

Dude you're not supposed to brazenly spoil the endings of movies in this thread. At the very least use a spoiler tag.
I'm not a dude but anyone who jumps into it without any idea what it is about wont get spoiled, I literally tried to say as little as possible, and now you quoted me so I can't edit it either cause it will stay in your comment -_-

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Streetcar Named Desire - 8/10

Liked this alot. I remember someone saying Brando here was the finest male performance they have seen, not quite sure if i agree with that but i did think he was fantastic and it is now my favourite performance of his, pretty surprising that he was the only one not to win an Oscar as i thought he was the best then again i haven't seen The African Queen/ Vivien Leigh was also very good, i loved her nervous, nutty character, she was certainly pretty over the top but i felt it fit her relationship with Stanley and Mitch in particular and the story. I also really liked the script. I'm aware it is based on a play so it did come across a bit stagey and unrealistic which is sometimes a problem for me but i loved it here. Some random lines of no importance really cracked me up. "We'll wait til she's through soaking in the tub then i'll inquire if she is acquainted with the Napoleonic Code".

Anyway yeah great film, will be in consideration for my 50's list.
I think Brando is the greatest actor ever, and this is one of the best performances. Definitely the first one in it's kind. I thought the exact same about Vivien Leigh.. My favorite line ever is "I've always depended on the kindness of strangers" as it's my barometer for the world.

Have you seen "Next Stop, Greenwich Village"? - the protagonist makes fun of "The Napoleonic Code" and is hilarious. Hell, I might even watch it tonight?

Finished here. It's been fun.

Sicario
+

A rare mainstream film. The type that is unflinching, intelligent, and unafraid of going into dark,uncomfortable areas. Sicario surpassed my expectations, it really did. I was expecting a shallow, semi-competent picture; instead, Sicario is thematically complex and recalls The Searchers and The Human Condition. It's flawed in some areas, however, these flaws are minor in the grand scheme of things. Also,this is easily Villeneuve's best looking film. The editing is graceful, compositions are tight, and the lighting is wonderful.

Blade Runner II is in good hands.

Joy
David O. Russell
What did I just watch. Looks like I watched 5 films instead of just one, since there were so many ideas thrown here and there that have nothing to do at all with the main plot. The characters are boring and lame, the plot is basic and predictable, and the amount of cheese is insane ! What a waste of actors. Probably the worst film I've seen in years.
(I'm being generous)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Inside Jaws, A Filmumentary (2013)

This was amazing! This is not for people who have only seen Jaws once or twice. This is for those of us who love the movie, and have seen it more times than we can count.

This is a documentary with commentary from the cast and crew, but it also includes behind the scenes footage, deleted scenes, and trivia, and it's all set to a backdrop of the movie playing in the background. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves the movie Jaws.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Raiding The Lost Ark: A Filmumentary (2012)

Like the Jaws filmumentary listed above, this is not for people who have only seen the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark once or twice. This is for those of us who have seen it so many times that we know the movie backwards and forwards.

It's filled with trivia, commentary by the cast and crew, deleted scenes, and behind the scenes footage. All of this is happening while the movie is playing in the background, and the information is all presented where it belongs in the movie.

This is a must-see for anyone who loves Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That Most Important Thing: Love (1975)

Zulawski is a mad man who throws genre conventions out the window. He'll lead you to a conclusion, let the score swell, and yank the floor right out from under you. It's about love, celebrity, money, God, morals. It's universal. At the same time, it's so personal that it's indecipherable madness. It's emotional chaos with an eye for playing with the audience. The pre-cursor to Lars von Trier. The 70s were great, weren't they?

http://boxd.it/83bSh

Westworld (1972)

Imagine if the last third of Jurassic Park was The Terminator. Now slash its budget and make it a really fun tv movie. There you have it and more than a decade before either. Officially casting my vote for what they remake next.

http://boxd.it/83fK7