Time Travel Movie Relive

Tools    

My question to you all is if you could travel back in time to watch any movie for the first time what would it be and why?

Mine would be Nosferatu (1922) not only to watch it again as if it was the first time but to see the peoples reactions to the movie. Could you imagine how they would react to this one of the original horror movies. Which in my eyes is still quite a scary movie.

Quills

I'd love to change the fact that my first viewing was with the DVD shown on a really small television. I wish I'd seen this one in theaters. Second choice would of course be Gladiator so that I could relive that overwhelming excitement of seeing it the first time.

Quills

I'd love to change the fact that my first viewing was with the DVD shown on a really small television. I wish I'd seen this one in theaters. Second choice would of course be Gladiator so that I could relive that overwhelming excitement of seeing it the first time.
Gladiator! Great choice i wish id of seen that in the cinema, unfortunately i waited for the DVD and watched it on a tiny telly.

A system of cells interlinked
Interesting question.

I was at the first Star Wars opening, and that is one of the most memorable theater experiences I have had, but I think i would just dial it back a few more years to see The Exorcist on opening night; people were allegedly running out of the theater freaking out...

Gladiator! Great choice i wish id of seen that in the cinema, unfortunately i waited for the DVD and watched it on a tiny telly.
Thankfully I did see Gladiator for the first time at the theater. I also watched it on the big screen the second, third, fourth and fifth times.

Little confession the only DVD in my collection that i have not watched yet is Blade Runner i was about to atch it finally after watching the Red Dwarf three parter Back To Earth but never did ill give it a go tonight.

This question is nothing new, but this is a horrible idea.

How could you live with yourself if you could only pick one movie and not another?

Wouldn't it bother you later on when you think about all of the other things you could have picked? It would bother me. Knowing you had the CHANCE to go back in time and see that, but you didn't because you picked something else.

This is an extremely distressing matter.

Rejoice in the fact that there's no time travel -- it would be maddening. It would destroy your sanity.

All valid points but if you had the option to do it or not i know i would definitely go back.

I guess it would have to be Star Wars. I would like to be there in 1977, making the line with all those people, hearing how excited they were.

I would say band of brothers! you really feel that you are in another tme

Lots of Star Wars lovers on here and i completely agree it would be great to watch it way back when. See the reactions, feel the emotions.

Rocky would be one for me, i heard that by the end of the movie people were jumping out of their seats rooting for him.

A system of cells interlinked
I was there for Star Wars! I was just a wee tot, though, but I clearly remember my Mom just freaking out when the film opened, and the Star Destroyer emerged from the top of the screen. The whole theater was electrified, and I was riveted to the screen, watching a universe unfold that would completely dominate my life for years to come. Like any young kid in the mid 70s, Star Wars took over all my toys, bedding, bath towels, lunches, and most of all, my imagination.

Roger Ebert said that watching 2001 on a TV set is like the Grand Canyon on a postcard. So if I could pick one, 2001 would probably be it. Would love to experience it on the big screen.

One question? If we went back in time would we be aware of the films we had already seen and the history etc?

The reason I ask that is my choice would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the problem is I am far to jaded in this world now to find it truly terrifying but if I was unaware of this at the time I think I would enjoy it and would affect me a lot more.

I'm with TSL on this one - Jaws.

I never saw at the cinema. We went to the drive-in!