Movie Tab II

Tools    

Spiderman 3(Sam Raimi 2007)-2/5 Pretty stupid
The Ex(Jesse Peretz 2007)-3/5
Hot Fuzz(Edgar Wright 2007)-4/5

Copying Beethoven

I liked it. I like to watch it. It make me likes. I happy to watch music from instruments. Ed Harris is a good actor. I like to eat beef jerky and then floss the teeth goblins away afterwards. On the really real, Ed Harris is a good actor and the female lead, Diane Kruger, is a hotty-moo-hotty.

Alien VS Predator

I finally got around to seeing this. I was expecting some low budget piece of garbage that looked like dirty ass. My expectations were not satisfied. I got to watch a some predators do their thizzang' against some retard aliens. I'm also a firm believer that the cheese in this movie and movies like it make them a little better.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

A system of cells interlinked
Spiderman III (Raimi, 2007)

Not as good as the first two entries, but, not as horrible as you might have heard. Sure it has a few bad scenes, and the film is jumbled mess, but Gwen Stacy was damn hot, and gets two of my boxes of popcorn all on her own.

Cars
(Lasseter, 2006)

Fun movie with heart. I liked this better than the past couple of animated films I have seen from these guys.

Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchcock, 1943)

Perhaps one of the quintessential Noir films, this is becoming one of my favorite Hitch films. Cotton is menacing, chilling, and terrifying, in such subtle ways. This film is ingenious. See this if you haven't, and soon.

Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)

Still love it. Stylized, bad ass shlock.

Mulholland Drive
(Lynch, 2001)

I guess I should stop posting all the films I watch obsessively in the movie tab. Starting to draw some comments on this clearly odd behavior.

Spiderman 3

I really liked the two lose ends that were tied up.

WARNING: "Spiderman 3" spoilers below
Sandman was forgiven for the accidental death of Pete's Uncle. In a way though, that other dude was still the cause of it since it was his distraction that brought about the gun going off. So it was still sort of Petes fault for letting him go that day anyways.

And Harry's old man died trying to kill Spiderman whereas Harry died trying to save it. It was all so...so touching. *sniff*

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Little Children (Todd Field)

A smart, funny, and powerful piece of work. That punk from The Bad News Bears did a pretty good job, too.

Serenity (Joss Whedon)

A decent popcorn flick.

It's a far more satisfying movie for having watched Firefly but still awesome on it's own, i'd imagine, can't remember which i saw first. Darn, tempted to watch it now.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Resurrection Man (1998, Marc Evans)

1/5

Tripe like this really is quite shameful to behold. Picture some bizarre cross between Goodfellas and Hannibal based on a highly fictionalized account of the Shankill Butchers, probably the most psychotic gang of killers in Northern Ireland's recent past.

If you think this sounds like a heady brew, think on - A poor script, listless performances (even from the usually reliable Jimmys: Ellis and Nesbitt) and a director who throws every Norn Irish cliché in the book at the screen while somehow convinced that long tracking shots, freeze frames and the ugly interruption of 70s pop songs to David Holmes' score give Resurrection Man a Scorsese quality.

They don't.

On the day that Northern Ireland's political power is finally given back to the people a film like this should serve as a timely reminder as to how far we've come as a society.

It doesn't.

If you're after a better story revolving around the Shankill Butchers, try Thaddeus O'Sullivan's Nothing Personal.

Napoleon Dynamite - didnt love it, didnt hate it. Lead was pretty annoying and the whole thing seemed a little pointless
I felt totally ripped off when I bought this movie without seeing it first. I thought it was boring and just plain dumb. I agree with you when you say it seemed pointless cause it was......bigtime.

Next, and I saw Spidey 3 over the weekend. I've heard a lot of disappointment over the new Spiderman, and I agree that it's not all that great, but disagree that the first two were all that. It was a really enjoyable blockbuster and a nice trip through some nostalgia for me, but I suspect it will diminish on repeated viewings, just like 1 and 2. Loved that first big action scene though. It wasn't quite as exciting as the "speeder" chase in The Incredibles, but it was on similar territory and by far the best part of the movie in purely cinematic terms. It was good cheese.

Did anyone else think the actress playing Betsy Brant was pulling a Parker Posey-type act there?

Edit: oh yeah, Next was pretty average. Dick and Moore are what pulled me in, so it had some intrinsic interest but otherwise... both Femme Fatale and Run Lola covered similar territory and were better movies (and I wasn't that wild about those two either so that's not much of a feat).

I am having a nervous breakdance
La Science des rêves / The Science of Sleep (2006 - Michel Gondry)

Lots of ups and downs... At first I thought it was very charming but after a while I got fed up with it. A couple of hillarious lines though.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
The Passenger (Antonioni, 1975)

My favorite Antonioni so far, and a terrific performance from Nicholson. Highly recommended.