Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This is how epic film making should be done. Really amazing. Hopefully I will write a review later. I wish all my 60's viewing would go like this.

A vampire movie for people who like the concept of vampires but usually not the execution, like me. Great tone, characters, and music. Enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. If movies don't get better this year it has a good shot at my top 10.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lawrence.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	16835  

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I wasn't aware Only Lovers Left Alive was a vampire movie. I was planning on seeing it anyway because of Mia Wasikowska, but now I'm really intrigued.

My dad just recently bought Only Lovers Left Alive. Should be seeing it soon.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess I'm the only one who wasn't thrilled with Only Lovers Left Alive. I saw it last year on a foreign DVD and thought it was Jarmusch in his most-puttering mode -

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't thrilled with Only Lovers Left Alive. I saw it last year on a foreign DVD and thought it was Jarmusch in his most-puttering mode -
Puttering is not a criticism, explain yourself. How long till that gets old?

I always seem to like these one location, one character movies. The tension is always high and you get to know the characters very well. Locke was no different. The whole movie is in a car, about pouring concrete, and a one night stand. Somehow it just works. Good movie.

Where the Wild Things Are (2009)

I'm sure I would've loved this as a kid, but it's still a cute movie and a decent watch.

Glad you didn't rate it that high.

Through a Glass Darkly (1961)

This was my 4th Bergman; the other 3 really creeped up on me and surprised me. I think I was overly prepared for this one, and it may have cost me some effectiveness. Still, I continue to be very impressed by this director.

I have a hard time getting my wife to watch older or foreign movies with me. She's into psychology so I thought a Bergman movie would be a good fit for her. She whipped out the iPad after 10 minutes and stopped watching. I didn't hear anything from her again until late in the movie, when she started laughing during a character's breakdown. I said, you know this isn't a comedy. She just called me a fag and asked me how many minutes were left. I think I'll continue to watch most of these movies alone.

Seeing some pretty good 2014 movies this weekend. Nothing I love, but a lot I like. This movie started fantastic, I was really into the main character and what his journey was going to be. The last third was just so pedestrian. Worth a watch.

Welcome to the human race...
Red State -

Genuinely unsettling at times, but also pretty haphazard in terms of quality and struggles to make it to feature-length. Also, after reading up on it I am disappointed they didn't get to do the original ending, but i guess the ending as it is makes sense.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I have a hard time getting my wife to watch older or foreign movies with me. She's into psychology so I thought a Bergman movie would be a good fit for her. She whipped out the iPad after 10 minutes and stopped watching. I didn't hear anything from her again until late in the movie, when she started laughing during a character's breakdown. I said, you know this isn't a comedy. She just called me a fag and asked me how many minutes were left. I think I'll continue to watch most of these movies alone.
I'd ditch her for such a behaviour.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Scoop - 6/10. Drags a bit in places and I got tired of Scarlett Johanssen bitching at Woody Allen very early on.

Romantics Anonymous - 7/10. Cute movie, though you could see a lot of the farcical elements coming a mile away.