Who of today's actors is the best example of the "strong but silent"

Tools    

archetype?

I was thinking about this. There's a sort of cool confidence to guys like Harrison Ford, Gary Cooper, Clint Eastwood, and Bruce Willis that's missing in today's movies. I googled "modern strong but silent actors" and Tom Hardy came out a few times, but he feels more like a pitbull type to me - maybe that's cause of Bronson, but whatever. Is there anyone out there who's maybe not 70 who still makes a living acting this way?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Yeah he's got a pitbull side to him sometimes, but you should watch Tom Hardy in Lawless and in Warrior.
Ime looking forward to seeing Tom Hardy as Mad Max he's such a great talent.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Yeah he's got a pitbull side to him sometimes, but you should watch Tom Hardy in Lawless and in Warrior.
I've seen both, I guess that's basically it.

But can we agree that there aren't many out there anymore?

Maybe Daniel Craig.

I got that impression from Ryan Gosling in Drive.
I'm not sure why, but Gosling was the first person I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. I second Tom Hardy though...I'm thinking Colin Firth might deserve mention here as well. Idris Elba comes to mind too.

Make a better place
Casey Affleck is one of them I believe

Casey Affleck was pretty talkative in some of his roles though, like in Oceans 11 he was actually obnoxious.

Well no one is really coming to my mind, but Shia LaBeouf strikes me as the polar opposite. A wimpy motor mouth.

Make a better place
Yeah, I guess I was wrong by bringing Casey Affleck's name.

After giving it a good thought I believe the only actor who fits here is Ryan Gosling as most of u guys already figured

Christian Bale in The Machinist , I guess ... !