The 'Flushed with success' Song Tournament

Tools    

Van McCoy - The Hustle vs. Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name

The Real Thing - You to Me are Everything vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive vs. The Jam - Town Called Malice
Oh God. How horrible! I mean, I kinda like the Rage Against the Machine song, but not against The Hustle. I have a bad feeling about this tournament.

Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water

Alice Cooper - School's Out vs. Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me

Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You vs. 10CC - I'm not in Love

Paul McCartney & Wings - Mull of Kintyre vs. Magic! - Rude

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out vs. Amen Corner - If Paradise is Half as Nice

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack

The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight vs. Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

ROUND 2 - DAY 3

Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back

Both are horrible and don't deserve to go onto Round 3. I like "This Magic Moment" by The Drifters, but not these white guys.

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water

Both are great, yet we have to lose one of them. Actually, "Bridge" is just alright.

Again, both are great, yet we have to lose one of them.

Easy, but watch that stupid Frankie Valli thing win.

Both should already be gone.

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
vs. Amen Corner - If Paradise is Half as Nice

UGH!

UGH! Actually these are okay, but they're old fogeys, yet we're gonna lose one. It's kinda good/kinda bad.

The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight vs. Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

UGH! These are both good and we're gonna lose one.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 2 - DAY THREE

ROUND 2 - DAY THREE

The Equals - Baby, Come Back
Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe
Alice Cooper - School's Out
10CC - I'm not in Love
Magic! - Rude
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Bruce Channel - Hey Baby
The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight

ROUND 2 - DAY THREE

Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back-My favorite 2 songs of the day.

Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You vs. 10CC - I'm not in Love-I thought I was going the other way until I listened to them again.

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out vs. Amen Corner - If Paradise is Half as Nice-I liked the second song more this time, and I think not watching the video helped.

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack*

Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment vs. The Equals - Baby, Come Back - A pretty easy one to start with. Nothing really wrong with the other, I just much prefer the second.

Sonny and Cher - I Got You Babe vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over Troubled Water - Both classic songs. One of which I love, the other I hate.

Alice Cooper - School's Out vs. Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me - I quite like this Billy Joel song, but even a live School's Out beats it.

Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You vs. 10CC - I'm not in Love - I like both, but I'm Not In Love is something special.

Paul McCartney & Wings - Mull of Kintyre vs. Magic! - Rude - *Sigh* This is not good, but I really do hate Mull Of Kintyre.

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out vs. Amen Corner - If Paradise is Half as Nice - I've always quite liked this. So long as I don't hear it too often, it's got a good chance with me against anything I'm ambivalent about.

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby vs. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack - I've always liked both of these. Shame to see one go.

The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight vs. Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - I like both and, while I'm not a Green Day fan, I'm going with them on this one.

I've not really had time today to do the votes and I'll be volunteering for a festival until 130 tonight, so can only do today's votes after then. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I've not really had time today to do the votes and I'll be volunteering for a festival until 130 tonight, so can only do today's votes after then. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Not a problem - next round won't be up until tomorrow morning (another 12hrs or thereabouts) and even if you've not managed to vote by then I can hold this day open longer

we should do a summer song tournament after this one
Fogey's is scheduled after this but it's not been a great year for Gbg thus far so there's a chance she might be happy to delay that one a bit longer? You youngsters could always have your own tourney that runs simultaneously if not

Fogey's is scheduled after this but it's not been a great year for Gbg thus far so there's a chance she might be happy to delay that one a bit longer? You youngsters could always have your own tourney that runs simultaneously if not
noo,i didnt know there was another one planned
i was just going through my summer list on youtube so i had my nominations ready

we should do a summer song tournament after this one
That's an understatement. My father-in-law is finally starting to get better, my mother is out of the hospital and back home doing better, and now, a few days ago, Hubby's friend was in a motorcycle accident and he's in the hospital. He got hit by some idiot who tried to make a left turn through him from the right lane. He should be okay, but he has some broken bones, so it will take some time for him to recover. At least it didn't hurt his love of motorcycles. He said that he can't wait until he's better so he can get back on his bike.

This has just been a month of hell. It's getting so bad that I'm afraid to answer the phone.

And to top it all off, the idiot who collects the shopping carts at Walmart dragged a cart along the side of our car last week, and he scratched up the whole side of the car. We were sitting in the car when it happened, so we witnessed the whole thing. He got his friends to file false witness statements saying that we were lying, so it took almost two hours for the manager to view the videos showing what happened, and the witnesses nowhere near the scene of the incident.

noo,i didnt know there was another one planned
i was just going through my summer list on youtube so i had my nominations ready
I'm open to whatever everyone wants to do for the next tournament. Regardless of all the craziness recently, I should be ready for the Old Fogeys Tournament when this one is done if everyone else is ready, or if you guys want to jump in the summer songs tournament, or even a general tournament, (I know that several people have been waiting a while for one of those), that's okay with me. I'm not in a rush, but I just don't want the Old Fogeys Tournament to get pushed back too far.

What kind of tournament do you guys want to have next?

And to top it all off, the idiot who collects the shopping carts at Walmart dragged a cart along the side of our car last week, and he scratched up the whole side of the car. We were sitting in the car when it happened, so we witnessed the whole thing. He got his friends to file false witness statements saying that we were lying, so it took almost two hours for the manager to view the videos showing what happened, and the witnesses nowhere near the scene of the incident.
So THAT'S what all of that screaming and yelling and carrying on that I heard loudly coming from outside, several states away, was. Thank you. I've been wondering what that commotion was all about. I heard it all, but it was hard to make out what you were saying.

So THAT'S what all of that screaming and yelling and carrying on that I heard loudly coming from outside, several states away, was. Thank you. I've been wondering what that commotion was all about. I heard it all, but it was hard to make out what you were saying.

I thought we stayed pretty calm considering all the bs that they put us through that day.

Sorry to hear about the friend and the car Gbg - surely can't be anything else in store for you for at least a decade or two now