Make Your Picks

Oscar's Best Picture 2021

Tools    

And the Oscar for Best Picture will go to...
7.14%
1 votes
The Father
7.14%
1 votes
Judas and the Black Messiah
7.14%
1 votes
Mank
0%
0 votes
Minari
50.00%
7 votes
Nomadland
7.14%
1 votes
Promising Young Woman
0%
0 votes
Sound of Metal
21.43%
3 votes
The Trial of the Chicago 7
14 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Watched Minari yesterday which means I have seen all the nominees except The Father. After last year's win for Parasite, I wouldn't be surprised if this dark horse snuck in and took this award from Nomadland, which for me is the frontrunner, but if it was up to me, this award would still go to The Trial of the Chicago 7

Welcome to the human race...
So I heard.

1st time I can ever remember I have no desire to see any of these.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

It will be close between The Father and Nomadland. I chose Nomadland. It was heart warming and brilliant in an otherwise bleak year. The best actress category is a hard call this year!

Sadly this past year, without having been able to visit the cinema as it's been closed, have not been able to sit through even a single one of the nominees prior to the awards, which is the first time that has happened since like 1986. So have zero idea or opinion about this year. Have been told Judas and the Black Messiah is very good though, a friend I trust has recommended it very highly, so will be checking it, and all the others, out at some point down the line.

Mr. Holden, I did not see a poll for the most important category at the Oscars. Best Foreign Film. And Best Documentary too. Are they in the latter pages?

Not sure if it's coz of Covid or not. Almost all categories are tight. Apart from animated segment, most other awards, there are two or three choices, the Academy can give the award to anyone and it won't be a bad pick.

Mr. Holden, I did not see a poll for the most important category at the Oscars. Best Foreign Film. And Best Documentary too. Are they in the latter pages?
Nope. Every year I create polls for "The Big Eight" categories - Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Adapted Screenplay, and Original Screenplay - as well as Animated Feature (because enough people are interested) and Cinematography (because it is one of my personal favorites). Any of the other categories anyone would like to make polls for, have at it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Still really behind, but I did get Sound of Metal in over the weekend, which was excellent. Will try to get the rest in ASAP!

Minari up next.