Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

My ranking of The Indiana Jones Movie:
- Riders of the Lost Ark
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Doom

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull was the worst movie. I did not like it at all.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Raiders Of The Purple Kush.

My top:

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) -

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) -

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) -

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) -

I loved the series when I was a kid. The newest installment was relatively worse compared to previous films, but it still was a fair dumb entertainment.

My favourite moment of the whole series:

Temple Of Doom
The Last Crusade

Those are the best in my opinion.

Raiders of the lost arc and temple of doom both could take the number one spot for me. I would have to take raiders just because I liked the girl more. I really did not like the last crusade i thought a lot of it was tacky. It had good scenes and i enjoyed watching Indie kill nazis. I actually liked the crystal skull one more than the last crusade. I thought it was bad but it was entertaining and different.

So heres the order

Raiders
Temple of doom
Crystal skull
Last crusade

Raiders of the lost arc and temple of doom both could take the number one spot for me.

Same for me, they're pretty interchangable.

I doubt he'll be in it given Shia LaBeouf isn't doing blockbusters anymore and even had a bad falling out with Ford over his bashing of Crystal Skull.

Well in that case there's still the issue of the horrible concept and script from Indy 4. Not exactly a high hurdle to jump to come up with something better, but if that's the best they could manage after 19 years, I'm not getting my hopes up that these will be any better.

I'm thinking if pre-production gets going later this year or early next year we could be seeing a possible 2016 release for the next movie, eight years after Crystal Skull. Hopefully they'll get a good script for it.

On the subject, what kind of artifact would you like to see Indy pursue for the next movie? I'd like to a darker artifact, something akin to maybe the Pazuzu statue.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
...GRADE: A
2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
...GRADE: B+
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
...GRADE: B-
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
...GRADE: D+

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raiders warehouse.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	13294  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Raiders of the Lost Ark would most certainly be first, as it is on another level when compared to any of the others. I just watched it again on Saturday evening, and it was still fun and fresh, and I never get tired of it. Definitely the best of the bunch by quite a margin.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Excellent flick, and the final set piece is one of the most memorable aspects of the entire series, what with the creative traps, the old guardian, and the music!!! The Old Knight's theme is so memorable, and one of my favorite pieces of music in film, ever. The nazi characters aren't as memorable though, and the Elsa is no Marion Crane. Still, a top notch adventure that recaptures the bravado and fun of the original.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Not as much fun as its bookends, and Willie is damn annoying. That said, I still like this one a lot. Shorty doesn't bother me quite as much as he seems to bother some folks, and the opening scene is right up there with the best the series has to offer, but when all is said and done, this film's flaws bring it down a couple notches, holding it back from classic status in my eyes.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Booooooooooooooooo.

I'm not optimistic or anything, but I'm always glad to hear this kind of thing. Here's how I ended my review of Crystal Skull:

...it gives off the feeling you get when you see an old friend after a prolonged absence. They may have changed a little, and they're never quite the way you remember them, but you love them all the same, and seeing them again is cause for celebration.
My attitude is usually: hey, if there's even a 10% chance it feels like the old films even part of the time, great, because there's not a lot of downside. I am always annoyed by missed opportunities, but I don't believe in the idea that bad sequels can or should taint one's enjoyment of the others in the series, so I say: keep trying.