Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

Can't remember this being discussed before but anyone remember the giant four toed foot Sayid saw while sailing round the island? Theories?

Lets put a smile on that block
VERY WEIRD.

I think its going to have something to do with the ideology of what the DHARMA initiative set to do, create a utopia, the perfect world. I think the foot is part of a statue that may have paid homage to one of the seven wonders of the world, i cant remember the name though, it was a giant statue of a man over Rome.

As for the four toes?? UBER WEIRD. Maybe theyve been like getting help from Aliens or something.

ITS HERE!

Its starts tonight for you pleasant Americans! I am rather jealous indeed. Will everyone be watching?

The Adventure Starts Here!
Less than four hours away here! And counting! And taping! Should be a lot of fun!!

Last week's wrap-up episode was a big help. Put it on the DVR and have watched it three times in the past week.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lost throws yet another curve ball our way.

Great opening scene, the rest of the episode was okay, not as exciting as the season 2 opener. That was intense.

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head at the loose ends they opened up with that opening scene. Didn't expect that twist.

The rest was all right, but I dislike when season openers with ensemble casts kinda forget to even let us know what's up with most of the cast. Too much Jack, too little everybody-else in the opener.

Can't remember offhand how season 2 started. (I have it on iTunes but don't wanna go open it up.) What happened on that opener??

The rest of you can (I think) go watch tonight's episode over on abc.com ... Not sure when it'll go up, though.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Opened with Desmond in the hatch, and Locke & Jack looking down. Rest of episode was them in hatch.

This one was all talk.

which season did u watch?

Sorry about that, guys. I had a temporary memory lapse and asked about a previous season opener. And yeah, now I remember!

The only fascinating part of last night was the relatively normal middle-class lives the Others were living until the plane crashed. So, are the ratty clothes and huts all a lie or did something happen since the plane crash to change their lifestyles so drastically?

Those neat little rows of bungalows did look rather like they were part of an experiment, thought, didn't it? Hmmmm....

Idon't knnow what everyone was expecting from season three's premiere, but I thought it was good. It continued from season two's finale perfectly, and lookin at the upcoming episodes it looks like an excellent season to boot.

loved it!

FINALLY been able to get a free moment to express my intrigue at new LOST.

I really loved the opening sequence. From what we know so far (Which isnt alot) The first episode of a LOST series sets up the main focus for that entire series. Obviously the first scene we see in Ep 1, Series 1, is Jacks eye openeing, and then the carnage of the wreck and the ensuing weirdness of the Island, which eventually leads us to the hatch. In Ep 1, Series 2, we see Desmonds eye opening, and we are shocked to find that there is a man down the hatch, and a button of doom which must always be pressed. This series first episode we see Julie eyes opening, and pretty quickly we are introduced to the main focus for this series, the others, and their little Desperate Housewives-esque neighbourhood. OH ITS GONNA BE GOOD. As to what you was saying Linda about how it looked like an experiment, i don't think that they are part of any experiment, i think they are the left overs of one. They were obviously sent to the island as part of the original DHARMA crew, but at some point, after some event they abandoned their original one and took up a new one. What that is we dont know, but you must admit it looked like a pretty nice lifestyle they had going there. Utopian society perhaps? Hmmm. But they are obviously different from the normies. Julie showed her super-power strength when she knocked Jack out without even flinching, and weve seen this before in Ethan. Why not in Henry Gale when he was captured? Who knows. But this series is all about them....well the second half anyway.
Apparently ABC are trying a different approach this series instead of doing the incredibly tedious breaks between epsiodes like they did for series two. According to my man in the know, ABCs only reason for the breaks last time were for the suspense, to make the viewers go crazy. But it didnt work, they had a significant drop in ratings. So this season the plan with be to show episodes continuously up till Christmas. These episodes will answer the events of what happened at the end of season two. Then there will be a break till MARCH (it hurts me, it TRULY HURTS me) and all the episodes after March will focus on the new story of season three.

Love it or sleep through it, i loved the first episode. Its always going to be a Jack-Back as after all we did wake up with him on that beach, but that first opening sequence with the plane and Ben's quick thinking was indeed marvellous.

Oooh and this series they have confirmed that we will finally see what happened to Poor Locke and his little legs.

This is going to be good.

A system of cells interlinked
Just watched it on DVR. Pretty good. I miss Anna Lucia

Blib, I like the wrapup.

Am rewatching it on DVR right now. I'm still trying to figure out how much contact the Others still have with the rest of the world. After all, Juliet has a CD player and CDs, unlike Desmond, who had vinyl albums and older monochrome computer monitors in the hatch.

We learned that, at the time of the plane crash (approx 2 months earlier), the Others were living a very bucolic lifestyle in their little bungalows far away on the island. Why were they there? Why did they show up at the survivors' camps in ratty, dirty clothes, making them think they were savages?

Are these people stuck here as part of a leftover Dharma experiment, or were they in charge at some point? Were they abandoned here by the Dharma people who left, and if so, why the CD player and book clubs and niceties?

Was Juliet fibbing about having all that documentation on Jack, including his dad's autopsy copy? Does she really know if his ex-wife is happy, or was that a lie too? Is the Hydra station really underwater, or did that water pour in from the big long tank outside near Sawyer's cage?

TONS more questions, but these are certainly enough to make you wanna watch this week no matter what! This isn't even starting to delve into what's going on with the other survivors (Hurley, Michael/Walt, Locke, Eko, Sayid/Jin/Sun)...

Can't wait for Wednesday.

Best line: "Are you talkin' to me now, Chachi?" LOL, Sawyer! I didn't like him at first but now he's quite the character, always good for a few sarcastic laughs.

rhymes with Goebbels
Thank god,

I finally got caught up on all of the episodes. Now I can actually allow myself to read this part of the forum

yay.

I've never watched this show. But as of late I'm becoming more interested in this. Is it worth watching?