Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Looks like a lot of fun, plus I should probably be watching more Jarmusch films.

Fire walk with me.

Like a Ben Wheatley movie, but with almost no entertainment value. Sorry, Swan and a few others. Coincidentally, I'm watching Sightseers.
I've never seen a Ben Wheatley film, but I will have to check him out now. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Every time someone posts this picture I want to kick Franco square in the nuts!

Did you kick in your monitor?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Domestic scenes very dry, freeway stuff great, drive-in action fun = good movie.
Targets (Peter Bogdanovich, 1968)

This is first and foremost a solid low-budget flick which attempts to discuss the connection between cinematic and true-life horrors, but even more importantly, it's a love poem to cinema in general and Boris Karloff specifically. Bogdanovich's debut tells two stories which intersect at the beginning and the ending. What initially appears to be the more important one involves aging B-movie star Byron Orlok (Karloff, basically playing himself in a wonderful performance) who feels outdated and doesn't want to make any more schlock, even though his current director (Bogdanovich) has fashioned an artistic script for him to work on next. The other story involves a young married man named Bobby (Tim O'Kelly) who lives with his wife at his parents' home. He and his father are gun aficianados, but Bobby seems to be undergoing some changes within himself which he's unable to communicate with his loved ones.

Budgeted at $130,000 and apparently featuring an assist to Bogdanovich's good screenplay from none other than Samuel Fuller (I've never seen it on DVD, but I've gleaned this info), Targets is often an arresting film, especially due to cinematographer László Kovács' Hitchcockian technique (lots of spooky subjective camerawork) and a super bit of sound editing by Verna Fields. The scenes where Bobby goes psycho (all three of them) are handled chillingly and easily compensate for any amateurish performances along the way. The use of Roger Corman's borderline camp classic The Terror (which stars Karloff, but also Jack Nicholson and Dick Miller) is also a great way to get those of us who love Karloff, oldtime horror and Roger Corman to totally buy into the film. I would love to hear what others think of Targets, a film which really attempts to do something unique and mostly accomplishes it. It also seems to make even more sense today than it did 40 years ago.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im off to see Guardians of the Galaxy later with my wife and kids

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Good Morning, Vietnam since I've never seen it and I'm doing a Robin Williams movie marathon.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

I watched two masterpieces today, so it will be very hard for this flick to impress me.

Christiane F. (1981)

Time to check out the German drug scene.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
I watched two masterpieces today, so it will be very hard for this flick to impress me.
Good attitude, but it seems like you watch about three or four "masterpieces" a day.