Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Yeah, I don't know how keen I am on smelling like a bushman. Also Deet loses it's effectiveness after awhile. I seem to build a tolerance to it. My solution is to try to get more bats to live on my property.

Another pet peeve that I had to deal with today; when someone calls you over and over then texts you because your not answering. Like it's not possible that I could be in the middle of something. Couldn't turn my phone off either.

What are rabies and .......... bat lyssavirus?

Rabies virus and .......... bat lyssavirus (ABLV) belong to a group of viruses called lyssaviruses. Rabies is usually transmitted via a bite from an infected ("rabid") animal. It affects the central nervous system and is usually fatal. The World Health Organization estimates that more than 55 000 people die from rabies worldwide each year. Rabies does not currently occur in animals in .......... However, ABLV, which is closely related but not identical to rabies, does occur in ........, and is transmitted from bats to humans. Only two cases of human infection with ABLV have been recorded since the virus was first identified in 1996. Both cases were in ........ and both died as a result of ABLV infection after being bitten by bats.

That's rich coming from a Scouser.
I maintain I dont have a strong accent

Chappie doesn't like the real world
What are rabies and .......... bat lyssavirus?

Rabies virus and .......... bat lyssavirus (ABLV) belong to a group of viruses called lyssaviruses. Rabies is usually transmitted via a bite from an infected ("rabid") animal. It affects the central nervous system and is usually fatal. The World Health Organization estimates that more than 55 000 people die from rabies worldwide each year. Rabies does not currently occur in animals in .......... However, ABLV, which is closely related but not identical to rabies, does occur in ........, and is transmitted from bats to humans. Only two cases of human infection with ABLV have been recorded since the virus was first identified in 1996. Both cases were in ........ and both died as a result of ABLV infection after being bitten by bats.
Yeah, I'm pretty current on my rabies knowledge. I'm not worried at all about having a few bats around. They are far more help than hinderance.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Oh and on the subject of Facebook....

People posting their life as its happening. "just woke up" "going to make breakfast" "just ate breakfast"

And the new craze with twittering facebook up, #hashtagging every word. IT MEANS NOTHING ON FACEBOOK
This! Agree with every point!

I just thought of another one. It's pretty minor compared to the last one I posted, but still gets on my nerves.
There's this greeter at the Walmart I go to. I usually say hi or bye to her, and she just looks at me like I'm stupid without saying a word. Every time. I mean, it's one thing when someone at work or wherever doesn't return your greeting, but when your one and only job is to f*cking say hi to people...

When TV channels show a film and then edit loads of stuff out.

Jurassic Park is a prime one... they always show it on Saturday afternoon at about 3pm... and edit all the jumpy scary bits out.

I've seen Young Guns on at 6pm once and they cut almost every gunfight and bullet hit.

RoboCop getting all the swearing cut.

Terminator 2 getting shown at 5pm on a Sunday and they cut out almost every action scene.

If the film is of a tone that it warrants getting stuff cut out due to the time it's being shown, then don't show it at that time. Morons.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No way they do it! Idiots.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've seen Young Guns on at 6pm 48,782 times and they cut almost every gunfight and bullet hit.
No way.

^ In addition, they cut out the ankle-smashing from Misery. Not the entire scene, mind you, but both the visual and the sound effect - basically anything that would have made that part effective.
Also, they cut out the part where Shelley Duvall nailed Jack Nicholson with the bat in The Shining. One second he's approaching her on the stairs, the next she's dragging him into the freezer.

Crappy customer service. Went to Petco today. When I was ready to check out, there was nobody at any of the registers so I went to the only register that had a light on, set my basket down and waited. Nobody came, for quite awhile. Then an employee walks up with another customer, ignores me, logs in to the adjacent register and proceeds to ring up the other customer. I very nearly abandoned my basket and walked out. I should have, but I needed crickets for my toads and didn't have time to go elsewhere. I've contacted corporate to file a complaint.

People who treat their driveway/yard like a dumping ground. Old next door neighbor moved out and is renting out his house. New people moved in about a week ago and have various boxes, chairs, mattresses, a basketball hoop etc. strewn about the driveway and the public sidewalk in front of the house. Now don't get me wrong, I don't expect people to be totally moved in in one day, but they could put their crap in the garage for now or at the very least keep the sidewalk clear. I shouldn't have to walk around their crap in order to get to my own home.

I duct taped a copy of the relevant city ordinances to the basketball hoop. If it's not cleared in a couple of days, step two will be to call their landlord. After that I'm calling the city.

Your comment about people's yards reminded me of another one: people who throw glass bottles into the grass. Don't they know how dangerous that could be when someone's out there mowing and they're not looking?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Boo for the bad customer service, but yea for toads. I have toads in a way, but they can come and go as they please. I put a lamp on the ground on my back porch which attracts bugs and a group of them come in and feed. Also in my garden I keep little toad baths for them and they love it. I love my toads! (And tree frogs too.)

Boo for the bad customer service, but yea for toads. I have toads in a way, but they can come and go as they please. I put a lamp on the ground on my back porch which attracts bugs and a group of them come in and feed. Also in my garden I keep little toad baths for them and they love it. I love my toads! (And tree frogs too.)
Awww. I hardly ever see frogs/toads in my yard.

I have two oriental firebelly toads, Esmerelda and Peridot. At one point I had five, but over the years the others passed away. They're really cute, but I really hate dealing with bugs so I probably won't get any more once the last two have gone.

Here's a photo of one (his name was Ernie, he passed a few years ago but this is the best photo I have of one of the toads):

Crappy customer service. Went to Petco today. When I was ready to check out, there was nobody at any of the registers so I went to the only register that had a light on, set my basket down and waited. Nobody came, for quite awhile. Then an employee walks up with another customer, ignores me, logs in to the adjacent register and proceeds to ring up the other customer. I very nearly abandoned my basket and walked out. I should have, but I needed crickets for my toads and didn't have time to go elsewhere. I've contacted corporate to file a complaint.

People who treat their driveway/yard like a dumping ground. Old next door neighbor moved out and is renting out his house. New people moved in about a week ago and have various boxes, chairs, mattresses, a basketball hoop etc. strewn about the driveway and the public sidewalk in front of the house. Now don't get me wrong, I don't expect people to be totally moved in in one day, but they could put their crap in the garage for now or at the very least keep the sidewalk clear. I shouldn't have to walk around their crap in order to get to my own home.

I duct taped a copy of the relevant city ordinances to the basketball hoop. If it's not cleared in a couple of days, step two will be to call their landlord. After that I'm calling the city.
Girl, you are fierce. This is why I told Yoda that I think you should be a moderator.

Adding to my last one about TV channels that show films too early. Groundhog Day was on earlier at 2:15pm... and Gremlins 2 and 3:30pm...

Both were absolutely shredded by TV editors.

Housework - I swear I tidy one room in this house, move onto another then have to go back to the first again. Its just never ending, im just going round in circles.

Money - I seem to never have any.

Adverts - They are just taking the pee nowadays. The tv show is on for 5-10mins before the first set of adverts comes on, then the adverts seem to last longer than the bloody program im watching! GRRRR i say, GRRR

I agree with adverts... I remember watching Scrubs ages ago, each episode is 19 minutes... yet they stick it into a 35 minute slot...

Wow, that's a beautiful toad. Mine just look like this:

That's not my yard, but they all look like that.
That looks at lot like the ones I see in my area, I just don't see them very often. There was one year though that the population exploded and newly emerged toads were EVERYWHERE. You had to watch where you stepped or you'd squish them.

Sadly, though, there was evidence of some intentional mass squishings. There were a few places along the nearby creek where I found the remains of many little toads all squished on the ground, like somebody had gathered them up and then stomped all over them. People suck.