The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

If the show had ended just before they won the lottery, it would have deserved to be on this list, but in its entirety, with the final seasons, it doesn't deserve a place on this list.
Roseanne ran for nine seasons and you think that just because one of those seasons sucked it doesn't "deserve" a place on this list? Because apparently all the brilliance of those other eight seasons mean nothing if the last season wasn't so good.

That's a crock of crap.

i just started six feet under last week and i'm three episodes into it. really like it so far.
Dammit, FI2. Stop liking things I like. You're starting to scare me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I really liked the first season of Six Feet Under but at some point I lost track of it. I liked the Fishers but I didn't really like Brenda.

Roseanne ran for nine seasons and you think that just because one of those seasons sucked it doesn't "deserve" a place on this list? Because apparently all the brilliance of those other eight seasons mean nothing if the last season wasn't so good.

That's a crock of crap.
I'm not really sure there's a right or wrong way to weigh a show's heights against its depths. It's a legitimately tricky question, especially if someone views a show as an ongoing narrative and not a series of standalone stories. In those cases, a bad "ending" can spoil a lot of what came before. Roseanne is both an ongoing story and an episodic comedy, so it might be an unusually tricky case.

Out of the last four i've only seen Six Feet Under. Like HK i've only seen the first two seasons, which i really liked i just haven't returned to it yet. Also agreed TN i never really cared for Brendas character, at first i was hoping that she'd only be a main character for the First Season.

I'm not really sure there's a right or wrong way to weigh a show's heights against its depths. It's a legitimately tricky question, especially if someone views a show as an ongoing narrative and not a series of standalone stories. In those cases, a bad "ending" can spoil a lot of what came before. Roseanne is both an ongoing story and an episodic comedy, so it might be an unusually tricky case.
I think it's ridiculous to call yourself a fan of a show and then turn around and say "it doesn't belong on this countdown." I don't have a problem with someone saying that the final season was bad enough for them to leave it off their own ballot but to say that it doesn't "deserve" to be here at all? That's BS.

The problem with them winning the lottery was that they were no longer a family that average people could relate to, and because of that, the show just wasn't funny anymore. Prior to them winning, most people could relate to their everyday struggles because we all went through the same types of things in our own lives.
I never seen Rosanne. What GBG wrote is true of many tv shows.
The average person can't relate to the wealthy and ultra powerful that get portrayed in many TV shows.

Shows like Rosanne give us regular folks a sitcom we can relate to. That's why I like Laverne & Shirley. They're poor working class girls just trying to make ends meet, in their run down basement apartment. They ain't fancy, there not glamorous, there not smart, there not lawyers or doctors.

I am really interested in watching that final season of Roseanne again. I think I'll watch them on Youtube or something, if I can. The "Disney Land Episode" I mentioned was actually in Season 8. I was reading episode descriptions of Season 9. Some of them I don't think I've seen, but I have seen most of them. They weren't all that bad. Dan has an affair on Roseanne.

I always liked the lottery twist. I love it when they discover they've won the lottery. What I didn't like about Season 9 was all the "fantasy" episodes that it had. Like apparently there's an episode where Roseanne saves Hillary Clinton and Steven Seagal was a guest star. I don't remember seeing that one. I also hated the Halloween one, which saw Roseanne hanging out with the girls from Absolutely Fabulous, a show I've never been crazy about (though a lot of people are crazy about it). But there were some good parts -- Dan cheats on Roseanne, Darlene gives birth, I think even Roseanne's mother comes out as a lesbian in that season. Maybe? That might be season 8. D.J. got a girlfriend.

The final episode is nice. It helps if you look at it as -- Dan died from his heart attack at the end of Season 8. Roseanne, grief stricken and depressed out of her mind, went to her spare room, got on the typewriter and wrote the entire Roseanne show as a book to stop thinking about all the pain she was going through. The final episode was pulling back and revealing this, revealing that it was all a book with some changes made and the last part where they win the lottery was all a fantasy. A way for Dan to stay alive, through the book. It might not have been the best television, but it was a great story and a very interesting plot twist for a final episode.

The show really ended in Season 8. Season 9 was all a twist. It was a way to deepen the story, an unusual twist to deal with the death of Dan. Had it been more straightforward, Dan would have died at the end of Season 8 and Season 9 would have just been seeing Roseanne in a deep depression. She mentioned never coming out of her room. That would have been worse to watch all season.

Ab Fab is great. I was very tempted to put it on my list, but I've only seen a few episodes in the last 10 or so years.
I like Patsy Stone.

The other woman, though, flat out sucks. The show as a whole has never worked with me. I've given it many chances. Occasionally Patsy Stone does something that makes me laugh, but that's all I've felt for it. Don't understand all the hype and how it's supposed to be the best thing ever.

I like Patsy Stone.

The other woman, though, flat out sucks. The show as a whole has never worked with me. I've given it many chances. Occasionally Patsy Stone does something that makes me laugh, but that's all I've felt for it. Don't understand all the hype and how it's supposed to be the best thing ever.
Jennifer Saunders sucks?? no chance!

Exterminate all rational thought.
Kicking myself for forgetting Parks and Rec. Sorry Ron. I had Six Feet Under at #2, I think you missed that in the placements! I love that show so much. Just one of the best things ever.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Kicking myself for forgetting Parks and Rec. Sorry Ron. I had Six Feet Under at #2, I think you missed that in the placements! I love that show so much. Just one of the best things ever.
Your right, I accidentally left that off, but I went back and edited it in.

It was counted point wise, so don't worry.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
54. The Walking Dead (2010 -)

Theme Song

Quote: These people are my family, and if you hurt them in any way, I will kill you. - Rick

A dramatic science fiction series that follows a group of survivors after a zombie epidemic.

It is the most watched dramatic series ever to be broadcast on basic cable.

Origin: The Walking Dead is based on a graphic novel of the same name. While it loosely follows the same story line, many of the characters in the show met different fates than they did in the comic and some even have distinctly different personalities. Daryl was a character written specifically for Norman Reedus and doesn't appear in the novel at all.

Walking Dead/Breaking Bad connection? Many fans have theorized that the two shows are somehow connected. The basis for this theory? Glenn steals a Dodge Challenger that looks exactly like the one in Breaking Bad. There is also the drug connection. Daryl's description of his brother's drug dealer sounded very much like Jessie and at one point Meryl has a bag of drugs, some of which are blue.

Spin-off? Sort of. A pilot is being made for another group of survivors in a different setting. It's part of the Walking Dead world, but since there will be no character cross over it's not technically a spin-off.

Placements: 2 17th, 2 21st, 1 23rd, 1 22nd, 1 15th, 1 2nd

53. Peep Show (2003 - )

Theme Song

Quote: Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule - makes a man look scary, like a chicken. ~ Mark

British sitcom about two men with opposite personalities that share a flat.

P.O.V: Almost every shot is from a character's point of view. Also almost every scene has Mark or Jeremy or both.

Influences: The American comic "Hate" and Seinfeld.

Placements: 1 9th, 1 15th, 1 13th, 1 4th, 2 22nd

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I think it's ridiculous to call yourself a fan of a show and then turn around and say "it doesn't belong on this countdown." I don't have a problem with someone saying that the final season was bad enough for them to leave it off their own ballot but to say that it doesn't "deserve" to be here at all? That's BS.

That's just my opinion. You may not agree with it, but I'm still entitled to it.