The MoFo Thanksgiving Dinner Poll

Tools    

Which do you prefer more? Turkey, Ham, or Other?
72.73%
16 votes
Turkey
13.64%
3 votes
Ham
13.64%
3 votes
Other (please explain)
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
While I prefer turkey over ham, (I don't like ham at all), my family rarely eats a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We usually go out to dinner so Mom doesn't have to spend all day cooking, and because most of the restaurants are usually closed on Thanksgiving, we usually end up at a Chinese Restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet. Sometimes they even have turkey on the buffet.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

There will be turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, bread rolls, salad, and lots of pie. Plus whatever else people end up bringing.

Also deviled eggs, sushi, veggies and dip, and hummus for appetizers.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Turkey with stuffing (not stuffed), mashed potatoes, roasted vegies, gravy, fruit, green salad (maybe), crescent rolls, pumpkin & pecan pies, Martinelli's sparkling cider, wine, Pacifico beer.

Its a month early but we always have a Ribeye roast for Christmas.

Its a month early but we always have a Ribeye roast for Christmas.
My family does that as well. Though last year it was actually a roast and crab legs.
I don't do seafood though, so I stuck with just beef.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I was invited to a Thanksgiving dinner that I couldn't get out of, but normally I would go out to eat like gbgoodies. I made some KeyLime cheesecake to take to the dinner. Not very traditional, but delicious.

I don't like ham or turkey.

I was invited to a Thanksgiving dinner that I couldn't get out of, but normally I would go out to eat like gbgoodies. I made some KeyLime cheesecake to take to the dinner. Not very traditional, but delicious.

I don't like ham or turkey.

There's a bakery near here called "Whistle Stop" that makes the best cheesecake. (I've been told that they're one of the best in the world, and they ship cheesecake anywhere in the world.) I don't like cheesecake, but this bakery is supposedly so good that I usually buy one of their variety cheesecakes (with several different fruits on top) when I'm invited to someone's house as my way of saying Thanks for the invite.

Usually there's so much food left over that people end up bringing food home with them so the host doesn't get stuck with too many leftovers, but this cheesecake is one of the few desserts that's usually gone long before the night is over. (And their variety cheesecake is a very large cheesecake.)

I'm Canadian so we had Thanksgiving a month ago. Turkey is always on the menu at my house although I prefer ham. We eat turkey simply because that's what we have always done at Thanksgiving. Have a happy turkey day people.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
There's a bakery near here called "Whistle Stop" that makes the best cheesecake. (I've been told that they're one of the best in the world, and they ship cheesecake anywhere in the world.) I don't like cheesecake, but this bakery is supposedly so good that I usually buy one of their variety cheesecakes (with several different fruits on top) when I'm invited to someone's house as my way of saying Thanks for the invite.

Usually there's so much food left over that people end up bringing food home with them so the host doesn't get stuck with too many leftovers, but this cheesecake is one of the few desserts that's usually gone long before the night is over. (And their variety cheesecake is a very large cheesecake.)
I'll have to order a cheesecake from there. I ordered one from The Cheesecake Factory once and I was pretty disappointed. I like mine better.

I'm making a turtle cheesecake Friday because that is what I was in the mood for but everyone wanted KeyLime so I went with that.

Yeah, I've found that cheesecake usually makes people glad they invited you. You're the only person I know that doesn't like it. If I could live on cheesecake and coffee, I would be the happiest person in the world.

I don't like cheesecake
I do not understand this statement.

Yeah, most people seem to have a problem with that statement, but it's true. It makes people think twice about the cheesecake from Whistle Stop, because they wonder what kind of crazy person brings something for the host that they don't also eat?

But as soon as the first person tries it, that's when the fighting usually starts for who's going to get the biggest piece.

I'll have to order a cheesecake from there. I ordered one from The Cheesecake Factory once and I was pretty disappointed. I like mine better.

I'm making a turtle cheesecake Friday because that is what I was in the mood for but everyone wanted KeyLime so I went with that.

Yeah, I've found that cheesecake usually makes people glad they invited you. You're the only person I know that doesn't like it. If I could live on cheesecake and coffee, I would be the happiest person in the world.

This is a link to Whistle Stop's web site:

http://www.kpsearch.com/DF/WhistleStop1/all.asp

I've never ordered from their website because I live close enough to go there and pick it up. I was browsing their web site, and they have a note up that says that they're not shipping right now due to damage from Hurricane Sandy, but there's contact information on the site if you're interested in contacting them. (I knew that their area was hit very hard in the hurricane, but I thought they would be back up and running by now.)

Turkey is for Thanksgiving

Roast Beef is for Christmas

Ham is for Easter

They are all great for sandwiches the next day. If you living right, this is how your living.

Happy Thanksgiving MoFo!!

I prefer ham.

Turkey's good, but if there's only ham, I won't complain.