The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Exterminate all rational thought.
Beat me to it Holden, thanks! That said, I would have thought Mean Streets would have been higher, but maybe it's one of those where not as many people have seen it as I think would have. I really great film though. Hausu landed about where I expected it to land.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Protips for everyone who likes Hausu:

1. Watch other Obayashi film Emotion. It's on YouTube:

2. Watch films of Shuji Terayama. Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets, Glass Labyrinth, The Cage and Pastoral (the last one I still haven't seen myself). You can start with the ones in the middle to see if you dig his style. They are the shortest and available on YT.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

There will be two Monty Python films on the list.
There certainly should be, but whether there will be is another thing, you can't always rely on these mofos

Maybe I'm being pessimistic because most of what I hear about their films is negative, although recently I have noticed quite a few members do actually like them

Even if none of them make it, there's no need to be upset...

Even if none of them make it, there's no need to be upset...
I will be more than upset. I will have to call in the crack suicide squad.

I will be more than upset. I will have to call in the crack suicide squad.
We have bigger problems then that. I have been using my new Hungarian phrase book and I keep getting punched in the face!

Are we allowed to say some of our films we voted for that have no chance of making it yet?
Nah. And how would you know?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, Polish flick nobody else voted for made it for sure...

Sexy hates Monty python too? Jeez man, gonna be hard to keep on your bandwagon if you keep up that nonsense.

Sexy hates Monty python too? Jeez man, gonna be hard to keep on your bandwagon if you keep up that nonsense.
I have a bandwagon?

Nah. And how would you know?
Am I allowed to publicly reveal my number one (that you told me didn't make it)? Or do I have to keep being cryptic about it until the end?

It's fine either way, I just keep getting PMs and post comments asking. Which kind of makes we wonder how little people have paid attention to my taste in movies. I thought it would be obvious.