Your Worst Experience At The Cinema

Tools    

Okay here are some of my worst cinema experiences.

Right off the bat I have to say number 1 is The Blair Witch Project. I hate this movie. It was boring, slow, not scary, and an utter disappointment. Normally I can brush that off, but the hype surrounding this movie was enormous. Critics loved it, it was touted as the "scariest movie ever." And because of the internet marketing some of use very naive kids bought into thinking this was based off real events. So I was hyped up to see the movie. I plopped into my seat at the local theater and saw the movie. My reaction was one of "wait that is it?" I felt cheated. I had been watching horror movies since I was a kid with the introduction of the Universal Monster's collection of films. Making a young kid like myself quite knowledgeable on Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, and Bela Lugosi. Not to mention Jaws was one of, and still is among my all time favorite movies. Those were masterpieces. This flick was a piece of sh*t. I so hated that movie I became very weary of professional film critics from then on. Not to mention it made my poor brother motion sick.

And while we are at it lets throw in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I was big into Mortal Kombat at that age (I was in elementary school at the time). We all loved the first movie despite it being PG-13. We thought it was bad ass. Then this piece of crap came out. One of the first movies I can think of along Batman and Robin that same year where I walked out of the theater saying "THAT SUCKED!"

And while we are at it, why the hell do people insist on taking their babies and small children to some of the worst movies imaginable? If I pay good money to see 300 the last thing I want to hear is an infant crying, or some small child with tears rolling down their cheeks in a screening of Deep Blue Sea. True stories to both of them.

What was the absolute worst experience you had when seeing a movie in theater's.
My worst experience at the Cinema was seeing the movie 1776, at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. It was boring as hell, and my friend and I walked out of the film, in the middle of it.

My worst experience at the Cinema was seeing the movie 1776, at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. It was boring as hell, and my friend and I walked out of the film, in the middle of it.
Thought you would have said the time you saw West Side Story and someone had the audacity to COUGH during it.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Mine definately has to be watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall with my mum.
I would laugh at you, but I made a similar mistake when I watched Wolf of Wall Street with my mother.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Okay here are some of my worst cinema experiences.

And while we are at it lets throw in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. I was big into Mortal Kombat at that age (I was in elementary school at the time). We all loved the first movie despite it being PG-13. We thought it was bad ass. Then this piece of crap came out. One of the first movies I can think of along Batman and Robin that same year where I walked out of the theater saying "THAT SUCKED!"

And while we are at it, why the hell do people insist on taking their babies and small children to some of the worst movies imaginable? If I pay good money to see 300 the last thing I want to hear is an infant crying, or some small child with tears rolling down their cheeks in a screening of Deep Blue Sea. True stories to both of them.
FINISH HIM!!!!

How odd people would bring a BABY... I've only experienced that horror on airplanes. One baby starts to cry, then another one communicates, then it becomes a crybaby orchestra

Sleep With Me. The characters were so annoying, even Meg Tilly's.

Went to see the My Bloody Valentine 3D Remake on it's opening weekend, the theater was sold out and packed with younger kids since the theater had a reputation for not ID'ing for R rated films. Through out the movie a group of teenage girls behind me had an entire conversation amongst themselves as if the movie wasn't even on, almost made the movie unwatchable. I told them to shut up multiple times but they just laughed it off. Also lots of kids were walking round the theater and just acting like idiots.

Had to walk out of Krampus for the same reason, teen heavy audience who wouldn't shut up at all, constantly screaming at the top of their lungs and trying to make jokes to get the whole theater to laugh.

Don't think i'm the only one who thinks that. Halloween 3 has gotten a better reputation since its release and deservedly so imo.
It's not a bad movie imo, when I first saw it as a kid I didn't know it was a Halloween movie, just thought it was some random horror flick and I liked it.

It's probably not the worst movie theater experience I've ever had, but the first thing that came to mind was Batman Returns. My anticipation for this film was very high. I went to see it with my brother on I THINK the day after its release. The entire room was bursting with excitement and many cheered when the trailers ended. Many more cheered when the Bat-Signal lit up Keaton's face. It was crazy. When the movie ended, there wasn't one single clap or cheer. Nothing. We all just left the theater, most of us with dull looks on our faces. For one thing among many, Catwoman crawled, purred, licked herself clean and had NINE LIVES! I know that a lot of movie buffs like or love this movie, but holy hell, what a disappointment.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Went to see the My Bloody Valentine 3D Remake on it's opening weekend, the theater was sold out and packed with younger kids since the theater had a reputation for not ID'ing for R rated films. Through out the movie a group of teenage girls behind me had an entire conversation amongst themselves as if the movie wasn't even on, almost made the movie unwatchable. I told them to shut up multiple times but they just laughed it off. Also lots of kids were walking round the theater and just acting like idiots.

Had to walk out of Krampus for the same reason, teen heavy audience who wouldn't shut up at all, constantly screaming at the top of their lungs and trying to make jokes to get the whole theater to laugh.
I hate teens.

A couple knocking over my popcorn while rushing to their cinema seat, and laughing when it hit the ground. Then walking away as if nothing had happened. I nearly hit the guy in the face.

My life's a disaster zone.
Maybe not the worst... but it was really funny/embarassing. In 1993 (apparently) as a young teenager my mum took me to the cinema to see Jurassic Park. We were sat in the middle of the cinema, which was packed full of people (at the time Jurassic Park was a big deal).

Remember the scene where the young lad is scaling the electric fence? It gets really tense as the power is about to come back on, the lad is slow getting off the fence and the suspense build up is awful.

Well... for my old ma it was just too much. While the cinema sat in hushed silence willing the character to climb the ground safely my mother leapt out her her seat and shouted at the screen 'JUST GET OFF IT!!!' at the top of her voice.

The entire cinema started laughing at my mum, I laughed so hard that I spat out a sweet which went flying off into the darkness. When all the laughter died down I heard a kid cry out 'it hit me in the head' which I can only assume was the sweet I spat out.

It was so funny, but I guess you had to be there.

I like Marvel movies, but every time I came to watch a movie at the cinema, everytime there were some douche...