Movie with mechanical Yeti-like monster

Tools    

Hi! I'm looking for a movie or tv series I vaguely remember seeing some clips from (probably a trailer) when I was a kid. I would think it's a 70s or 80s movie or series.

The small flashbacks I have is from a scene where a woman is terrified, being attacked by some kind of furry Yeti-like monster. As far as I can remember, it made Chewbacca-like noises. And I think there were some men trying to kick down the door to come help her. I also have a memory of these guys finding out that this monster thing is only a mechanical creature, made to fool them, and then they laugh.

I know this is vague, and the movie is problably not a very well-known one, but still...

-Presthus.

English?

I think so, yes, English or American.

That kind of plot was perfect for a Giallo film!

Let me think, i have a vague memory of something similar

Haha, thanks! Would be amazing if a title suddenly popped up, it's just this cloudy memory I have, and it's driving me insane not rememberring! :P

I racked my brain all day yesterday, but the only thing pops up is monsters from the deep of something like that. There was a movie like that in 1982.

The bigfoot in the TV series The Six Million Dollar Man is an android. Don't know if that fits or not.

Hi! I'm looking for a movie or tv series I vaguely remember seeing some clips from (probably a trailer) when I was a kid. I would think it's a 70s or 80s movie or series.

The small flashbacks I have is from a scene where a woman is terrified, being attacked by some kind of furry Yeti-like monster. As far as I can remember, it made Chewbacca-like noises. And I think there were some men trying to kick down the door to come help her. I also have a memory of these guys finding out that this monster thing is only a mechanical creature, made to fool them, and then they laugh.

I know this is vague, and the movie is problably not a very well-known one, but still...

-Presthus.

Maybe it is Scooby Doo, I remember something like that as an episode of a cartoon ''Scooby Doo..

But isn't Scooby Doo a cartoon?

The bigfoot in the TV series The Six Million Dollar Man is an android. Don't know if that fits or not.
Andre the Giant! I was so hooked on this storyline as a kid.

So ridiculous now...falling bomb sounds and all:

You must be remembering a scene from F/X (1986), starring Bryan Brown as a cinema effects man who is hired by the government to fake an assassination, and then is on the run from them and trying to outsmart them when they double cross him, eventually with the help of a local cop (Brian Dennehy).

The scene you are mostly remembering is when a couple of gunmen come to his apartment to kill him, kick open the door and find the mechanical monster from one of his old films, which he uses as a sort of watchdog.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	fx monster.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	19405  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Andre the Giant! I was so hooked on this storyline as a kid.

So ridiculous now...falling bomb sounds and all:
In addition to Andre, Ted Cassidy (Lurch on Addams Family) also played the role.

YES! That's the one! F/X!!!! Thank you so much!!!

A system of cells interlinked
Marked as answered. Thanks guys!