2014, What movies are you looking forward to?

Tools    

Well seeing as how it is the last day of 2013, I thought it appropriate to ask what movies you are looking forward too in 2014?

I'll give you my top 10 most anticipated movies as of today. Certainly my best of 2014 list will look entirely different then this list, when the award movies become more of the focus. But as of today these are my most anticipated movies.

10.) Transcendence (Director who has backing from Nolan automatically gets my attention)

9.) Gone Girl (David Fincher flick is always worth the time)

8.) Dumb and Dumber To (Would be higher but I am always wary of comedy sequals, hoping they put care into it with how long ago the original was. Plus it has a cameo in it I want to see)

7.) The Grand Budapest Hotel (Really liked Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom, this looks like his original voice just like all his other movies.)

6.) Serena (Going in blind on this one, but I am a huge JLaw fan. Rumored to be a juicy role, Angie Jolie was attached at one time curious to see if it will be another notch in Jlaw's young career.)

5.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The Turtles were my childhood. Probably would be number 2 but I'm apprehensive because Bay is attached to this thing. The rumor that they are aliens I hated. I'm prepared to be letdown but I can't help but be excited because of the turtles.)

4.) Jane Got A Gun (Interesting premise. Script was on 2011 Blacklist. Was in development hell, you can read on it, but if it can survive all that and still make it out must be worth it. Love a good western, plus I really like Natalie Portman, hoping for good things)

3.) The Monuments Men (I'm a sucker for Clooney and the cast is ridiculous. Gives me pause that they backed out of the awards season. Hoping they had a good reason and has nothing to do with the quality of the flick)

2.) Inhernet Vice (Not the biggest PTA fan, I like him, don't find most of his movies re-watchable, great art just hard to watch again. However I see this being a bit more commercial friendly. I think it will be a corky detective story in the vein of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and I loved that movie. I think PTA will crush this one)

1.) Interstellar (If Nolan is coming out with a movie in a particular year it is automatically on my top spot. Especially if it is an original Nolan flick. The man has not delivered a turd yet. TDKR was probably my least favorite out of his movies but it was still damn good. Sign me up first in line!)

Notables
Fury -Brad Pitt in a WW2 movie? Done.
Need For Speed - Played the video games when I was a kid mixed with the fact I want to see how Aaron Paul does carrying a movie. Plus please kick Fast and the Furious franchise ass so sick of those.
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For -Vauley remember the first one but remember being entertained. Will go back and watch it, but maninly interested because JGL is involved.
Guardians of the Galaxy- Kind of risky for Marvel, and I love risk.
Godzilla - Wasn't on my radar until the trailer caught my attention, then it has Bryan Cranston and I read the plot and it has some potential.

Anyways those are my top for now, subject to change. What are your top 10 most anticipated movies for 2014 as of today?

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Honestly, besides the final Hobbit movie, The Wind Rises and How to train your dragon 2, there's not really a whole lot for me to look forward to. Next year seems more like a time for me to just collect the DVD's and Blu-ray's of years past that I haven't got yet.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
2013 in Theaters: Warm Bodies, Evil Dead, Iron Man 3, The Great Gatsby, Star Trek: Into Darkness, The Fast and the Furious 6, Now You See Me, Man of Steel, World War Z, The Lone Ranger, The Wolverine, Mortal Instruments, Insidious: Chapter 2, Prisoners, Gravity, Carrie, Thor 2: Dark World, Ender's Game, Catching Fire, The Hobbit 2, and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

- I also want to see Wolf of Wall-Street and American Hustle, but I am a little short on cash at the moment.

2014 Plans: "I, Frankenstein," Robocop, Captain America 2, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow, 22 Jump Street, Guardians of the Galaxy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Interstellar, Dumb and Dumber Too, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay 1, The Hobbit 3, and Night at the Museum 3.

I think 2014 will be on-par with 2013, albeit it won't be able to match 2015.

Movies I've watchlisted so far that are cataloged as a 2014 film on IMDb:

Inherent Vice (PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON! Need I say more?)
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (Haven't seen the first two yet, though, but I plan on eventually watching them all)
Maleficent (I love Sleeping Beauty and although I'm not entirely convinced from the trailer, I'm still giving this the benefit of the doubt for now)
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Because the first one was awesome)
The Loft (Belgian director makes an American film)
Interstellar (Christopher Nolan stands for a certain quality and it looks like an interesting project)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (WES ANDERSON! The trailer also looks outrageously awesome!)
The Monuments Men (George Clooney is an interesting director, in my opinion)
Animal Rescue (Acclaimed Belgian director makes an American film)
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (First one was good)
Magic in the Moonlight (WOODY ALLEN! Also a great cast!)
Suite Française (Looks like something that might be interesting)
Boyhood (Richard Linklater)
Maps to the Star (David Cronenberg + an interesting looking premise)
White Bird in a Blizzard (Lovely cast and a director with a unique voice)
Big Hero 6 (The Incredibles was amazing, so I'm hoping that Disney can do something similar)
Jupiter Ascending (Trailer looks great + Wachowski Brothers)
Rob the Mob (Could be good)
Serena (Lawrence and Cooper)
Gone Girl (DAVID FINCHER!)
Knight of Cups (Terence Malick)
Voyage of Time (Terence Malick)
Wish I Was Here (I quite liked Garden Estate, so I'm interested to see how its director evolved after 10 years)
Transcendence (Trailer looks kind of interesting)

I'll probably add a lot more films during the year and delete a few if they lose my interest for some reason.
I don't expect the year to be as good as 2013 (which was a GREAT year for cinema), but that could change.

Days of Future Past:This is the movie I am most expected about.This movie has everything the majority-Superheroes(The current craze),Huge cast(Like Avengers),Timetravel(Like Terminator),Sentinels(Like Transformers/Pacific Rim) and alternate reality.Not to mention a cameo from Apocalypse

The summer season for 2013 was a tremendous disappointment for me. (I liked 2012 better). Thankfully the fall and winter months got their act together. Hopefully 2014 is an improvement.

My most anticipated film on 2014 is The Guardians of the Galaxy. I admit I am unfamiliar with the source material so I am looking forward to a new experience.

Also I am looking forward to:

Son of God
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Godzilla
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Expendables 3
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Tusk
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
The Hobbit: There and Back Again

From all the movies on my watchlist, this is my top 5 most anticipated of 2014 (at the moment):

1. Inherent Vice (Paul Thomas Anderson)
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson)
3. Magic in the Moonlight (Woody Allen)
4. Maps to the Star (David Cronenberg)
5. Interstellar (Christopher Nolan)

In 2014, I plan to see Inherent Vice, Noah, Transcendence, and Draft Day. I don't know that I'm exactly looking forward to them, though as none of them look like my kind of movie. Also I've not particularly liked the previous work of either Paul Thomas Anderson or Darren Arronofsky.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I currently have 16 that I particularly want to see. I would have to say that the top ten are:

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. The Hobbit: There and Back Again
7. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
8. How to Train Your Dragon 2
9. Into the Woods
10. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I'll have to wait until later in the year to find out about original films. As far as franchises / adaptations go, however, 2014 looks phenomenal.

interstellar and transcendence. both trailers look interesting..

Godzilla
Transcendence
Interstellar
After the World Ended
Planet of the Apes
The Maze Runner
Jupiter Ascending
Edge of Tomorrow
Sin City
X-men Days of Future Past
Ex Machina
Night crawler
Black Sea
The Raid 2
Fury
The Rover
Nymphomaniac
Almost Human
Sharknado 2
The Sacrament
Deliver us from evil
The Green Inferno
Eden
Cyber
A most wanted Man

I've looked at a few more trailers since abd xmen and noah and the lego movie are all looking good. Kind of shocks me honestly, I don't usyally pay much attention to lego or bible movies.

I have only a few in my watchlist,I'm not sure if they are all going ot be made:

Sin City 2 - because it's Sin City

Nymphomaniac - not really a fan of LVT but there are some movies that you jsut have to witness with your own eyes.

Rob the Mob - Andy Garcia and Michael Pitt in a crime flick...I will enjoy it even if it's bad.

Child 44 - Soviet-era movie with Tom Hardy and Gary Oldman?Seems awesome from the plot summary but there is no buzz,maybe it's not even happening. :/

My top 3 would be:

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier - I am just too big a Marvel fan. Been waiting a long time for this one.

2)Transformers: Age of Extinction - I did enjoy the previous three and I am interested to see what the reboot will be like, especially with Mark Wahlberg.

3)Noah - Interested to see how this one turns out.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Captain America:The Winter Soldier
RoboCop
300:Raise of An Empire
Need for Speed
Noah
Transcendence
Godzilla
X-Man: Days of Future Past
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
TMNT(Hoping it won't suck)
Sin City:A Dame to Kill For
The Hunger Games:Mockingjay
Interstellar
Hobbit:There and Back Again

Movies I've watchlisted so far that are cataloged as a 2014 film on IMDb:

Inherent Vice (PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON! Need I say more?)
The Hobbit: There and Back Again (Haven't seen the first two yet, though, but I plan on eventually watching them all)
Maleficent (I love Sleeping Beauty and although I'm not entirely convinced from the trailer, I'm still giving this the benefit of the doubt for now)
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Because the first one was awesome)
The Loft (Belgian director makes an American film)
Interstellar (Christopher Nolan stands for a certain quality and it looks like an interesting project)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (WES ANDERSON! The trailer also looks outrageously awesome!)
The Monuments Men (George Clooney is an interesting director, in my opinion)
Animal Rescue (Acclaimed Belgian director makes an American film)
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (First one was good)
Magic in the Moonlight (WOODY ALLEN! Also a great cast!)
Suite Française (Looks like something that might be interesting)
Boyhood (Richard Linklater)
Maps to the Star (David Cronenberg + an interesting looking premise)
White Bird in a Blizzard (Lovely cast and a director with a unique voice)
Big Hero 6 (The Incredibles was amazing, so I'm hoping that Disney can do something similar)
Jupiter Ascending (Trailer looks great + Wachowski Brothers)
Rob the Mob (Could be good)
Serena (Lawrence and Cooper)
Gone Girl (DAVID FINCHER!)
Knight of Cups (Terence Malick)
Voyage of Time (Terence Malick)
Wish I Was Here (I quite liked Garden Estate, so I'm interested to see how its director evolved after 10 years)
Transcendence (Trailer looks kind of interesting)

I'll probably add a lot more films during the year and delete a few if they lose my interest for some reason.
I don't expect the year to be as good as 2013 (which was a GREAT year for cinema), but that could change.
To this list I already added (mostly recent Sundance films):

The Interview (This Is the End was kind of interesting, so I'm definitely going to see this, unless it gets received REALLY badly)
The Drop (Animal Rescue got a new title...)
Guardians of the Galaxy (This could be fun, but it will depend on the reception whether I'll watch it or not)
The One I Love (Was extremely well received at its Sundance Festival premiere)
Listen Up Philip (Looks like it could be interesting)
I Origins (Very well received at Sundance and looks interesting)
Laggies (Well received at Sundance)
Frank (Looks odd and fun)
Midnight Special (Jeff Nichols)

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The Wind Rises:
It's Miyazaki. Nuff said.

Maleficent:
Maleficent was easily the best part of the animated Sleeping Beauty (though that's not saying much) so a movie that has her as the main character can only be an improvement in my book.

There and Back Again: I'm probably going to skip Desolation of Smaug but I might check out the third one just see how the trilogy is wrapped up.

The summer season for 2013 was a tremendous disappointment for me. (I liked 2012 better). Thankfully the fall and winter months got their act together. Hopefully 2014 is an improvement.

My most anticipated film on 2014 is The Guardians of the Galaxy. I admit I am unfamiliar with the source material so I am looking forward to a new experience.

Also I am looking forward to:

Son of God
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Godzilla
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Expendables 3
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Tusk
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
The Hobbit: There and Back Again
I also want to add Maleficent and The Grand Budapest Hotel to my anticipated list.