The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Just over two hours left.

Man, what a ride it's been! We opened up the balloting just under five months ago, and I've been adding to the list every single morning for almost two months, straight through the holidays...but it's still flown by, hasn't it?

I cannot think of a better microcosm of this place than you guys creating traditions out of thin air, about your love of film, and having them become synonymous with the site itself. The site is the toolbox, but you guys are the carpenters, and you've built something very cool here. Something I'm honored to participate in and support. You started a tradition completely on your own, and you did it so long and so well that it's become a core part of the site and its history.

You guys made this special, and my job is just to make it easier for you. It'll obviously remain community-run, albeit with more tools and choices. My plan, between this list and the next one, is to write a script to accept ballot submissions that future list Curators can use, and hopefully work with them around the margins on any outside-the-post design ideas.

Obviously, extra-special thanks goes to @TheUsualSuspect for putting in so much time and effort (and being the only other person who had to keep the secrets of this list along with me for the last couple of months, which is simultaneously fun and really, really tough sometimes). And boring old ordinary thanks (market value: zero dollars) goes to everyone who participated, both via ballot and just by hanging out and talking about the list as it's been revealed.

Oh, and I'll toss out a thanks to everyone for indulging the silly hints and riddles. It's no use denying because I'm sure it's obvious to everyone already, but I had a stupid amount of fun writing some of those.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well done for all your hard work Yoda, especially making it interesting with the clues!

Speaking of which where are the clues for today??!!

The hint for today's reveal is: tails. As in flip a coin.

Oh, and also a thanks to everyone who saw I'd posted in this and got false hope or something and is not politely holding back their anger, too.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The hint for today's reveal is: tails. As in flip a coin.

Oh, and also a thanks to everyone who saw I'd posted in this and got false hope or something and is not politely holding back their anger, too.
For the Dark Knight you could do like make up/joker or some sort of burning/kindle reference, guardian etc.

Then Departed all kinds of words like leaving/they left (checks thesaurus for departed).

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, a big thanks to all the MoFos that participated, and huge thank you TUS and Yoda for the back-end work, and lastly, a reminder to keep the conversation going for as long as you want in this thread after the event is over.

Wait... that wasn't the last thing! Everyone remember to post your lists in the thread after all the films have been revealed, and a heads up to head on over to The Scarlet Lion's new countdown:

Top 75 Best Looking Films Ever Made

Let's keep the fun and conversation rolling into 2021!

Can't wait to see the last two reveals. now that I've finished up my 10 favorite 70's thread today (got a link below for the thread if anyone wants to check it out) I can now reveal the rest of my ballot list but will wait until the last two movies are announced on here. I had fun participating in this countdown thread, thanks for having me apart of it @Yoda and @TheUsualSuspect. Looking forward to the next countdown list, 2000's list ftw!

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Yep. I echo what everybody has said. Thanks to @Yoda and @TheUsualSuspect for their work. Can't wait!

Thanks Yoda, TUS and everyone else who made this possible. This was real fun and as a noob of the site this whole thing made me feel more welcome and part of the community.

Yep, reiterating what others have said, Yods and TUS have done a great job and Yod's new layout has been a nice addition.
Been fun to be part of this one seeing as I just missed the 2010 list.

Even though you lot never voted for Jurassic Park or RoboCop.

Might as well chuck this out for the last time before the last 2 are revealed.

2010 vs 2020 Comparison  

missed the 2010 list? we haven't had one yet, the only list I've seen recently for 2010's is Holden's list.
I meant the All Time list that was held in 2010
I joined after it was held so I missed out on that one.

I might as well be the eighty-fourth or so to say a big thank you to Yoda and TUS for running this, a shame my list went astray but it was still most enjoyable nonetheless

And I still have a 50-50 chance that my Faildictions program might have achieved its first ever 100%

I meant the All Time list that was held in 2010
I joined after it was held so I missed out on that one.
lol just realized that, should of kept my comment since now you just replied to it

I cannot think a better microcosm of this place than you guys creating traditions out of thin air, about your love of film, and having them become synonymous with the site itself. The site is the toolbox, but you guys are the carpenters, and you've built something very cool here. Something I'm honored to participate in and support. You started a tradition completely on your own, and you did it so long and so well that it's become a core part of the site and its history.

You guys made this special, and my job is just to make it easier for you. It'll obviously remain community-run, albeit with more tools and choices. My plan, between this list and the next one, is to write a script to accept ballot submissions that future list Curators can use, and hopefully work with them around the margins on any outside-the-post design ideas.
Excellently said.

And I'll join the others in saying a huge thank you to Yoda and TUS for all the amazing work that's gone into this, from the grind of list-wrangling and tabulation to the creativity of the presentation, which has taken a huge leap forward here and by the sounds of Yoda's plan, will continue doing so with each new iteration of our lovely community tradition.