Movie Tab II

Tools    

Alien
&
Jaws

havent seen either in a few years and there are still as great as i remember

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Oldboy - Oh. My. God. I'm sooooo glad the Florida Film Festival was playing this, because it probably wouldn't have played in a theater anyhwere around here otherwise. I'm damn glad I saw this in a theater and not at home. I was completely stunned walking out of the theater. The "twist" in this movie is one of the most emotional plot twists I've ever witnessed, even though I had it figured out early on in the movie. A
I'm dying to see this movie! But I don't know where I can find it.

Lets put a smile on that block
Ice Age (2002 - Chris Wedge)
Love this film, it gets better with each viewing. On my first viewing when it was released i didn't think much, easily forgettable childrens film. But i saw this again sometime last year and loved it, saw so much more in it, especially the geeeenius that is Scrat. Just looking at his little face is hilarious.

Veronica Guerin
2003 - Joel Schumacher

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Ice Age (2002 - Chris Wedge)
Love this film, it gets better with each viewing. On my first viewing when it was released i didn't think much, easily forgettable childrens film. But i saw this again sometime last year and loved it, saw so much more in it, especially the geeeenius that is Scrat. Just looking at his little face is hilarious.

You should be happy then when the sequel Ice Age 2: The Meltdown comes out sometime next year

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Our Hospitality (1923)

Interesting... Any good?

Meanwhile:

The Man Who Wasn't There (Coen, 2001) - Like any Coen Bros. film, it gets better every time I watch it. Insane photography here.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, he was a genius I have been thinking about doing a Keaton marathon after we move, as I want to get familiar with his stuff, and a friend of mine is a MASSIVE fan, and harps on me for not knowing about his work. What is a good place to start?

It's always good to start with The General. It's one of his most harrowing displays of his dexterity and nerve. Plus...it has a choo-choo train.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Yeah...throw them panties on again and get busy.
Yeah! Forget the fresh ones...this will save a lot on dirty laundry.

I'm just fnaughty wordkin' with ya!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Henry V (1989, Kenneth Branagh)

4.5/5

Good 'ole Brian Blessed, gleefully cracking Gallic skulls...

"It's ok Ken, I know budget's a bit tight so I've brought my own armour. I think it's the look we're going for!"

Originally Posted by Sedai
Well, he was a genius I have been thinking about doing a Keaton marathon after we move, as I want to get familiar with his stuff, and a friend of mine is a MASSIVE fan, and harps on me for not knowing about his work. What is a good place to start?
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It's always good to start with The General. It's one of his most harrowing displays of his dexterity and nerve. Plus...it has a choo-choo train.

The General is a good one to start with and College, Sherlock Jr., and The Cameraman are also worth checking out...

Now, what color panties are we talking about...

Originally Posted by Garrett
The Fisher King
1991 - Terry Gilliam
Ditto. I love this movie.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
My advice is to keep your eyes constantly peeled. Even if you have to make a little trip out of it, I think it'd be worth it. I can't wait to see it again.

Psycho - I was disappointed that out of all of Hitchcock's library of work my History of Motion Pictures class teacher chose this one. I would have much rather seen a more obscure, lesser known one. I did enjoy the hell out of it though. Norman Bates is one of the creepiest characters ever put on film. A

Hotel Rwanda - Phenomenal cast in this movie. The entire movie was very enlightening and educational for me. A

Ocean's Twelve - I like this one a lot better than the first one, and I really liked the first one. The music is so hyperactive, as well as the editing. Topher Grace's cameo was great. "I totally phoned in that Dennis Quaid movie." B+

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Strummer521
The Region 0 Oldboy disc (2 discs, 3 commentaries, 5 featurettes, deleted scenes etc) has been out for a while if that's any help. £14.99 on Amazon UK, for example.

A very good, but not a great movie for me.

You ready? You look ready.
Need some help placing a movie. My dad could only tell me this much. Terence Hill was the main person and in one scene he was talking to another person. It went a little bit like this:

"You have to be careful. People are really fast around here. Here, I'll show you."
He then smacks the guy and pulls his guy out.
"Do you see that? Let me show you again."
He does it again.
"You didn't catch that."
He does it again.
The guy then says "Uh yeah, I saw it now."

Terence Hill's character goes by the name Right Hand of the Devil in this film. I can't be too sure of this but, my dad can't seem to remember it. He wants to see it again; he say it in the Navy.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by John McClane
Need some help placing a movie. My dad could only tell me this much. Terence Hill was the main person and in one scene he was talking to another person. It went a little bit like this:

"You have to be careful. People are really fast around here. Here, I'll show you."
He then smacks the guy and pulls his guy out.
"Do you see that? Let me show you again."
He does it again.
"You didn't catch that."
He does it again.
The guy then says "Uh yeah, I saw it now."

Terence Hill's character goes by the name Right Hand of the Devil in this film. I can't be too sure of this but, my dad can't seem to remember it. He wants to see it again; he say it in the Navy.

The dialogue is misremembered, but that's a scene from Hill's Spaghetti Western parody Trinity is Still My Name. A similar bit of action takes place in My Name is Nobody too.

And I can't imagine why you posted such a question in this thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra