8.16%
4 votes
Sunshine
14.29%
7 votes
Slumdog Millionaire
49 votes. You may not vote on this poll

LOL.
It's been a long time, so this might be a little unreasonable, but I just didn't see what the big deal was.
Before I reply do you mind telling me how long its been ?

sunshine is great, right up there with alien and 2001 for me. fantastic special fx, fine characterization and ensemble acting, and i found it genuinely uplifting, at least a little bit. but those space effects really are the best and it's one of my very favorite films to look at. i liked slumdog millionaire a lot, very romantic movie without a gussied up view of poverty and nastiness. i liked millions but it gave me a toothache, so i'm a little bit ambivalent. i liked both shallow grave and trainspotting but haven't seen the latter in over a decade. 28 days later is pretty intense so i like that one too.

Before I reply do you mind telling me how long its been ?
I'd say about 10 or 11 years. Saw it at the cinema when it was released and didn't like it, but still rented it a couple of years later to give it another go. Still didn't like it, in fact, I probably liked it even less the second time around.

Banned from Hollywood.
the obvious choice for most people is of course Trainspotting cause it was such a celebrated movie.

I wont make comments about Slummdog millionaire, other than just mentioning once again that i hate that movie .

I voted for 28 Days Later.I personally believe it's his greatest achievement. Followed by Trainspotting and then Sunshine.

Happy New Year from Philly!
It sounds like I challenged you to a duel.
No, then he would have to accept and send his second to make plans. or apologize.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Millions is my second favorite. I saw it on the airplane flying over to New Zealand, so they may have blipped a scene and/or a word here or there.

I don't think so. I've seen 5 of them and, although I thought Millions was ok, I have no time for any of the others at all.
Not even Shallow Grave? I loved it

I've not seen them all but out of the ones I have 28 Days later which I thought was amazing. I was loving Sunshine up until that guy was introduced then it went downhill rapidly for me and basically became a poor mans Event Horizon.

LOL.

It's been a long time, so this might be a little unreasonable, but I just didn't see what the big deal was. Although I've seen films in which I didn't care for the characters, I actively hated all the junkies, it would've been a much better film if they'd all just OD'd in the first scene and be done with it.

I didn't find it funny, I didn't think it was 'cool', I really just didn't like anything about it. Not the acting, the script, the setting, nothing. In fact, I think the only two things I liked about it were that it used (and popularised again) Iggy Pop's "Lust For Life" and the bit when they shot the dog and it bit it's owner. That was the only laugh I got from the whole film.
I have a friend who hates Trainspotting... she never could get over the bathroom scene in it... but I have a morbid sense of humor and thought that scene was funny... but I guess this is just not a movie for everyone... even if it is rather brilliant...

Oh, as for world hunger, that doesn't depress me because I know how that can be solved. World hunger makes me angry, not depressed.
good answer... and actually the one I was looking for... anger can get things done... depression just sits in the corner moping...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I voted Trainspotting, too, but I get why people wouldn't like it and agree it is not for everyone. I was shocked I liked it at all. Not usually my kind of movie.

To me, its that kind of movie that isn't especially "fun" to watch, but it blew me away with it's insight into how mundane life can be and how some people have no idea how to handle it. The characters are so pathetic yet I understood them. I don't think many films do that -- most of the time if the characters are idiots, I hate the movie. I didn't hate this movie. I also voted for it because the first thing that came to mind was that brilliant voice over narration at the end. And Ewan rocked.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
28 Days Later is the flick of his I prefer most. However I've only seen that along with Sunshine and Trainspotting.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201